Draconic and shamanism

Ashrend

Draconic and shamanism

Post by Ashrend »

Just wanted to ask if anyone is well versed in draconic and/or shamanism to discuss it and what I have experienced whilst meditating, as well as what a fellow witch has told me in real life.

devon
Heartsong

Re: Draconic and shamanism

Post by Heartsong »

I'm not sure how many of the members here have read or experienced much with draconic spirits, but there are several of us who have some pretty extensive experience with shamanism. Why don't you elaborate and see what all of us can discuss with you. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

SpiritTalker seems to know what's what also
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Well, I was meditating last night by candle light, I was calling out to my spirit animals. I got a strong feeling of a large cat behind the table in front of me like a leopard. I continued meditating and felt a huge presence behind me. I focused on it and it was a white dragon. It was sat down ca and peaceful, and seemed knowledgeable. I'm curious what this means and what to do next.

devon
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

It seems like you found your spirit animal or one of your totems (I'm never sure who's who), like you also thought.
Try to look into the meaning of the dragon in the culture you feel most drawn to. It might help you understand yourself better, and maybe also a hint for what to do next.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Maybe it will help to think on what dragon energy means. Research the symbolism and tuck it into your hat for meditation. I know dragon power is similar to serpent power, the energy that streams and flows through the earth. Thus it's related to ley lines, earth pulses, a.k.a., serpent breath.
The difference between a dragon and a serpent is a dragon can fly, which is a symbol of a spirit body and soul travel. So dragon may be your soul-travel assistant, and why it was behind you, as a sign of invisablity.

Cats are drawn to warmth like heat seeking missiles. A domestic cat is the most fearsome hunter of all the cats. Leopards are known for significant speed and stealth. She may be your physical protector, loyal because a leopard can't change it's spots, as the saying goes. It was in front of you, as a sign it goes "before you" to guide the way.

That's just my ideas. You may have better associations of your own.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Thank you thats very helpful. My research continues XD

fire and flames
badger2

Post by badger2 »

SpiritTalker mentions a spirit body and soul travel: Japanese fishermen believe that Ryugu no-tsukai "Dragon Messenger" (oarfish, Regelecus) is a predictor of earthquakes.
Coven

Post by Coven »

I saw a dragon one time ~ I wasn't meditating ~ I saw it in real life ~ I usually keep it a secret

:-|
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

They’re so cute at that age... How big do y’ think it will get?
barker

Post by barker »

Differences and similarities:
Shamanism: Sun as God
Draconic: Earth as Goddess

In ignoring the moon, one ought to realise infinity NOT death.

Return to “Dragons”