~Dragons~

nightshroud

Re: ~Dragons~

Post by nightshroud »

I have dragon statues in my room.
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Dragons are as diverse as humans and as real as angels. In some cultures they were revered as angelic and heavenly but feared for their ferocity and tenacity. The Christian religion has actually used them as symbols of evil for most of its existence especially since they were revered by the Babylonians and the Egyptians who were both competing cultures within the Mesopotamian and Mediterranean area. The Egyptians believing that they were a sublime form of the serpent, a symbol of power and the third eye (uraeus). The Babylonians actually believed two of their eldest gods to be dragons, Bahemut and Tiamat. If you encounter one do not assume it to be something. Ask it and it will respond sometimes in riddles and when asked correctly it will respond directly.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Don't forget the Chinese. Their emperors where the off-spring of dragons. Other officials were off-spring of non-imperial Dragons. It was symbolized by the number of claws on the Dragon in art. Five claws for the emperors and less claws on Dragons of lesser rank and power.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

planewalker wrote:Don't forget the Chinese. Their emperors where the off-spring of dragons. Other officials were off-spring of non-imperial Dragons. It was symbolized by the number of claws on the Dragon in art. Five claws for the emperors and less claws on Dragons of lesser rank and power.
Also interesting fact the Chinese portrayed them with 5 toes and the Japanese with 4.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

My brain immediately said "What about polydactyl dragons?" I really need more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep per night.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

DragonFeather369 on YouTube talks about dragon in a Wiccan format. Her channel is huge. There isn't much she doesn't talk about. :)

Titled What is Draconic Wicca within her channel (incase my iPad link doesn't work)

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?list=PLpF ... qaRPC8efYw

Return to “Dragons”