Worked with dragons?

azriel

Worked with dragons?

Post by azriel »

Around two nights ago I had a very strange dream involving a red dragon who lived in a mountain (no not Smaug), and he took on human form. Long story short, we were enemies in the beginning but he saved my life and he said that, "We can never be separated."

I am not asking for a dream interpretation, but I am asking if anyone here has experience working with dragons? I have had similar dreams where Spirit Guides/Animals have initiated contact but I feel that interacting with a dragon is on a completely different level and should not be toyed with.

I would like to work with this dragon more, but I want to make sure I go about it the right way.

Any experiences or advice for working with these enchanted beings?

Blessings to all,
Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
BabyBear

Re: Worked with dragons?

Post by BabyBear »

from my works with my own dragon i find that you have to treat them with respect like you would an elder yet as they are people, the command our respect yet are willing to pass on their knowledge

Me myself my dreams are layed out with a platform and my dragon lays down and talks to me or flyes me around the stars and tells me things about them. I find that i tend to dream about them when i need to know something and only when he thinks i need to learn something.
azriel

Post by azriel »

Thank you Babybear!

I will try to do a reading or meditate to see if there is something I need to know, or if he is simply trying to introduce himself.

Blessings,
Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

A red dragon may represent masculine projective energy of your own subconscious. It could be the fire of aggression or self destructive impulses which can be controlled through meditation and befriended as a spirit ally of a fire dragon. Fire dragons can be powerful totems of strength and confidence but be careful to treat them with respect.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I once had a very vivid meditation involving a dragon. They are strong energy. In Norse myth they are also eaters of rot. In the meditation the dragon ate something from inside me but I don't know what it was. I am sure it was me letting go of something I have probably forgotten.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

I work with Dragons. Dragons are very interesting spirits to work with. They have their own ways of doing things. There isn't much out there on Dragon work as there really aren't that many people out there who practice forms of Dragonic magic and or witchcraft. There are some websites out there I can recomend.
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

DJ Conway's Dancing With Dragons is where I learned dragon magick but myths from all over the world tend to prove that Dragons are Elemental spirits associated with ley lines and powerful earth energies. They also represent the first stage of alchemy of transforming from base energies to a higher consciousness. St. George had to slay his to reach enlightenment.
Chinese dragons on the other hand represent elemental energies attached to the land; mountains, rivers, and fire ect. The emperor was considered a dragon as he had power over the land and people the descendants of the dragon.
Ok. I'll stop there but I love dragons and before Game of Thrones I thought I was the "Mother of Dragons" :)
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Isis3Anubis wrote:DJ Conway's Dancing With Dragons is where I learned dragon magick but myths from all over the world tend to prove that Dragons are Elemental spirits associated with ley lines and powerful earth energies. They also represent the first stage of alchemy of transforming from base energies to a higher consciousness. St. George had to slay his to reach enlightenment.
DJ Conway's book is one of the primary resources out there on Dragon Magic. Most of the websites out there have references to Conway's book somewhere on there. A lot of Dragon work is UPG though. Not everyone will read fairytales and folklore regarding Dragons to further their understandings. My experiences are a mixture of UPG and Conway's work. Though I am looking to do more study on Dragon myths from around the world.
Isis3Anubis wrote: Chinese dragons on the other hand represent elemental energies attached to the land; mountains, rivers, and fire ect. The emperor was considered a dragon as he had power over the land and people the descendants of the dragon.
Its amazing the differences between European concepts of Dragons and Asian concepts of dragons. In one they are spirits to be feared and conquered. In the other culture they are helpful spirits and worth working with and befriending.
Isis3Anubis wrote: Ok. I'll stop there but I love dragons and before Game of Thrones I thought I was the "Mother of Dragons" :)
So do you work with Dragons?
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

I am old, what does UPG mean? I haven't been on forums for years just decided it was time to go back to school so to speak.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Isis3Anubis wrote:I am old, what does UPG mean? I haven't been on forums for years just decided it was time to go back to school so to speak.
UPG is Unverified Personal Gnosis. Basically it means what you see out there on Dragonic Paganism and the like is mostly based on personal experiences with Dragons rather than lore specifically based. When multiple people have the same experiences it establishes traditions. That is why its a mixture of both and Conway's work most of the time.
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

UPG seems to be my dragon experience along with years of reading mythologies from around the world. Alchemy also contains dragon imagery which led me to learn more about its symbolism versus cultural associations. Cultures from all around the world have dragon mythologies but the images and meanings vary.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Isis3Anubis wrote:UPG seems to be my dragon experience along with years of reading mythologies from around the world. Alchemy also contains dragon imagery which led me to learn more about its symbolism versus cultural associations. Cultures from all around the world have dragon mythologies but the images and meanings vary.
I agree and have had the same experience. I have experienced elemental dragons in the elemental realms. I have experienced Dragons of all shapes and sizes and of all forms. They seemed to come to me.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

seeing as yall seem to have more experience with dragons then I may i bug you with a question over what a black and red dragon would mean
i have little resources on this topic and although ik i have a red baby dragon and a huge black and red male dragon i find i am limited on my memory of the dreams i have with them and am only able to see the baby dragon outside of sleep and its more of a thought then actually knowing about them per-say in fact a lot of my work is thought bases what with the knowledge speak and clairvoyance lol
would you please offer selections and maybe some resources that are repeatable because im finding the info ive found myself searching on the web to be shall we say "not what i have experienced"
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

Other than Conway I have sold or given away my other dragon mythology books so I don't have references for books. I learned a large part of dragon mythology from online sources years ago. I would lookup dragon mythology by specific cultures like Chinese, Norse, Welsh ect. to get an idea of the different dragon associations. I would also look into the dragon tarot deck, I would have to get back to you on the author. Your culture and area can influence the meaning of your dragons. Generally red dragons are fire and black earth elemental energies. I have found black dragons to be highly protective but then again red ones have fire protective energies. A baby dragon is just a smaller amount of energy for me, I have worked with them and I guess I feel they are more playful and loving like a child. Go with your instincts. Conway was writing for a Western audience but other cultures may have different experiences.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

My only experience with a fire dragon was being burned spiritually. I was going through the elemental realms and meeting or seeing the various Dragons there. When I got to the fire dragon I bowed respectfully. He spewed fire at me. In some ways I was facing one of my biggest fears (being burned to death in a fire) but it also served as an initiation of sorts. One of the keys for initiation is a death and rebirth.

One of the meditations I did to start my work with Dragons was really a repeated mantra. I said to myself over and over again that I vibrated in harmony with Dragons. That I was one with the Dragons. This mantra aligned my spiritual energy with the energetic forces of Dragons. This mantra would not have worked if the Dragons themselves had not chosen to work with me.

The fact that you keep seeing these two means that they have chosen to be with you and work with you spiritually and magically. If you do trance work and astral travel I would travel to the Dragon world and travel their spiritual realms. Do this and your Dragon guides should be there to guide you through the various realms and places of Dragons. You may want to try a simple meditation along those same lines. Pathwalking of this sort is a powerful way to get to know your Dragons and Dragon kind.

Let them teach and guide you.

Return to “Dragons”