Communing

Ashrend

Communing

Post by Ashrend »

Something I'm having trouble with is communing with the beings around me, most of the time what I think I'm hear if is my imagination trying to fill the silences between the scraps of words I do here to make a sentence or to entirely create one to what I want to hear. I need and want to be able to hear the things around me, I can feel that they are there, can even see them in my minds eye but the talking just isn't happening. Not because they aren't trying to talk to me but because I feel like my ears are blocked it to. Iv tried meditating but nothing seems to happen, iv only properly heard other beings in rituals and I'm at a loss as to what I can do to aid myself and keep progressing along my path. any help would be appreciated
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: Communing

Post by planewalker »

Relax. Don't push so hard. you can't hear over the noise your making by forcing the issue,not having it work so you push harder, more noise, pushes you harder ... You may wish to do that but you won't make contact. You don't catch a butterfly by chasing it and you don't need a net. Be still. Practice being still. It's hard to do. Ask an actor, the hardest circumstance they have to play is being motionless. Bring your mind and body to a state of rest. Let the deity catch you. You've been running hard to catch up to the deity and it's just left you racing farther away.
barker

Post by barker »

Ashrend wrote:I need and want to be able to hear the things around me
Meditate on them, they get sincere. As soon as they are sincere, they are objective...
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Thank you, your right Iv been so consumed by the noise of life and trying too hard that Iv not allowed thins to happen naturally, even if it takes me the coming year to achieve I need to learn patience and peace. To block that white noise and know peace
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think one also needs to open their heart.
We used to do this thing with the frogs...an experiment in non verbal communication really.
When crossing the creek at night on the way to ritual, the frogs would be croaking wildly. Of course the noise of our approaching would cause them to cease their song. We would pause and open our hearts to them and pour out this pure love energy. Right away they would start up singing...Until, just one person broke the stream of love with a negative or mundane thought, then they would all stop. Silent. It was the weirdest thing. Have done this many times and the results are like 92%. Every once in a blue moon (not necessarily a true blue moon) they don't guve a darn if you approach or have a negative thought, they just croak continual.
Don't know what was going on then, perhaps mating season (should take note of the date when that happens)
(research Firebird research! )
Then there has been a time or two they didn't want to sing ...it can be hard to channel group energy, requires really good focus.

It will happen when you least expect, and usually when your busy doing something else. halfsm
I've noticed my mind becomes much more open in a menial task or chore that does not require much thinking.
Let go and let God, is a slogan for release. Try and place your anticipation in the hands of divinity.
Blessings, Firdbird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

8% - mating season. They are getting busy and they don't care who's around them.
Doktor Avalanche

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Ashrend wrote:Something I'm having trouble with is communing with the beings around me, most of the time what I think I'm hear if is my imagination trying to fill the silences between the scraps of words I do here to make a sentence or to entirely create one to what I want to hear. I need and want to be able to hear the things around me, I can feel that they are there, can even see them in my minds eye but the talking just isn't happening. Not because they aren't trying to talk to me but because I feel like my ears are blocked it to. Iv tried meditating but nothing seems to happen, iv only properly heard other beings in rituals and I'm at a loss as to what I can do to aid myself and keep progressing along my path. any help would be appreciated
I am assuming you are referring to Nature Spirits & Beings?
Two things of import: 1) Dress casual, as in, get barefoot on the grass and a pair of shorts. The more we constrict ourselves, the more difficult it is to commune. And 2) take in the particular element of the entities you wish to commune with. Relax in the wind, place your feet in the water, stand barefoot on earth, get close to the fire.
"We are of the gods, but we are not ourselves gods,
We reflect the Divine, but we are not Divinity itself"
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Thank you this is all very helpful, once the weather is warm enough I will be spending more time with nature and just trying to relax within it rather than forcing it
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yeh, it's hard to be one with the snow &'hear over the teeth chatter.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

SpiritTalker wrote:Yeh, it's hard to be one with the snow &'hear over the teeth chatter.
Indeed I can't concentrate at my level in the cold I need the warmth and some sunshine to grow my roots and see what happens.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Ashrend wrote:Something I'm having trouble with is communing with the beings around me, most of the time what I think I'm hear if is my imagination trying to fill the silences between the scraps of words I do here to make a sentence or to entirely create one to what I want to hear. I need and want to be able to hear the things around me, I can feel that they are there, can even see them in my minds eye but the talking just isn't happening. Not because they aren't trying to talk to me but because I feel like my ears are blocked it to. Iv tried meditating but nothing seems to happen, iv only properly heard other beings in rituals and I'm at a loss as to what I can do to aid myself and keep progressing along my path. any help would be appreciated
Communing with other dimensional beings is no different then telepathy. Mental imagery is required. Form an image that will convey your message. Words are worthless unless you assume the Gods are fluent in all the languages across the universe. Spoken words go no further then the immediate space in which they are spoken. Consider how would we communicate with an alien visitor certainly not by any known language. We would be limited to drawing pictures or mathematics.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Ashrend, you'd said that you only properly hear other brings in rituals. Can you condense what you do in ritual that makes the difference? Maybe analyze what sorts of things are heard in ritual state? What might need the ritual energy to be produced? And than can you reproduce that energy during meditation?

One way I'm thinking of is by frequently meditating from within a mental construction that's called our Place of Power. it's an imagined natural setting that we visualize as part of the meditation process. We imagine ourselves there and then do the rest of the meditation as the alternate "self" within that place. In effect it puts our mind into an "astral" state (for lack of a more accurate word) and this is a "magical frequency" ive found that gets results. My guide has occasionally told me to go to my POP for a meet-up. I'd read of POP in one of hedge witch Rae Beth's books. Dion Fortune also mentioned a similar concept of constructing the astral temple in one of her fictional books. And brain fart, I can't think of the title of either one.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Excellent point SpiritTalker. AMORC Rosicrucians call this the "Cathedral of the Soul" an envisioned temple where the Order often gathered for lectures. Also in Raven Grimassi's "The Wiccan Mysteries" he describes "The Astral Temples" and "Elemental Doorways". All facilitates inter-dimensional communication.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think they must sell tickets :) 'cuz I'm pretty sure my guide has taken me to various lectures and a few where I'd run into deceased former aquaintences in the audience. We always get balcony seating which suggests the main floor is for members only.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Interesting il research more into this and try it thank you especially realising what part of the ritual gives me the connection to the astral plane
Last edited by Firebird on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Ashrend, please remove Tapatalk advertisment

Return to “Advanced Witchcraft”