Using sacred geometry

RyukaAscendant

Using sacred geometry

Post by RyukaAscendant »

So, I've apparently been using this in my enchantments unwittingly for quite a while but I'm curious as to how others use it in their practice and where I can find more about using it in practice.

Additionally more advancements in this may be made with the deciphering of an ancient Babylonian tablet that uses base 60 math to perform trigonometry.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
corvidus

Re: Using sacred geometry

Post by corvidus »

You'd be interested in this thread:

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 34422.html

Using geometry as a ritual tool.
barker

Post by barker »

Sacred geometry is way fun. It is as though the universe trusts it just because it is set by the rules/laws of math. You can sacred geometry a situation, a problem, any work of love's intent. I use the merkaba for my spirit voices, which means self-truth-love exists. I also used a gyroscopic shape for my life pattern which is for grace and balance to self. Each shape means something different, but they all mean physical love. ::coolglasses::
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

So does anyone know how to use it outside of rituals more in deapth?
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

barker

Post by barker »

The tool drummer put sacred geometry on his drums... I just imagine it and allow.
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

I've actually used sacred geometry to reach higher levels of consciousness. But it all resonates within the heart. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to do it with your mind.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

RyukaAscendant wrote:So does anyone know how to use it outside of rituals more in deapth?
Depends on the goal... ?
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

At the moment I don't really have a goal in mind.

corvidus

Post by corvidus »

"Necessity is the mother of all invention." ::coolglasses::

The theory of Sacred Geometry works best when you have a goal. That way you can adapt the Theory to fit your intention.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

corvidus wrote:"Necessity is the mother of all invention." ::coolglasses::

The theory of Sacred Geometry works best when you have a goal. That way you can adapt the Theory to fit your intention.
Well any ideas I can use for practice at least?

barker

Post by barker »

RyukaAscendant wrote:Well any ideas I can use for practice at least?
You could even sacred geometry your nickname at the forum and explore the meanings and methods within that. Anything at all. Maths is not harmful.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

RyukaAscendant wrote:
corvidus wrote:"Necessity is the mother of all invention." ::coolglasses::

Well any ideas I can use for practice at least?

Most certainly. Let's say for Health. The sacred geometric figure that could be used is the Seed of Life.

In this design there are 7 circles. 7 is the number of harmony (harmony of the 7 traditional planets). 7 is also the number of physiologic systems -- nervous, circulatory, respiratory, digestive, immune, musculature, and skeletal. So it's apparent that each of the circles in the Seed of Life can be connected to the physiology. There are also 7 major chakras, so if the Seed of Life circles are coloured correctly, it will connect to that as well. The thing about geometry and form in our world is that it's the final resting place of energy. This means that built into it are the astral, mental and spiritual meanings. The practice of sacred geometry is bringing these meanings out and using them intentionally.

Mentally, the Seed of Life also represents a balance between our seven main states of consciousness (similar to the chakra functions and planetary symbolism).

So that's the basis of Geometry -- the relationship between numbers and things and how those numbers and things take shape.

After that, there's the symbolism of "the water of life". The Seed of Life is then "watered" in order to sprout and grow.

But the question arises, if I use the Seed of Life, and you use the Seed of Life, what separates your intention from mine? How does one witch not interfere with another?

This comes down to the personalization of the geometric figure:

It's fairly obvious to see how these two images are based off the structure of the Seed of Life, but the uniqueness of each separates one intention from the other. If you're able to intuit energetic signatures, you'll find each image resonates at a different frequency.

Hope this helps give you ideas :)
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

It is used in electronics and optics to develop resonant cavities for amplification. Ancients have used it in their sacred circles, megalithic constructs and we use it in our Star Gate.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
barker

Post by barker »

The "seed of life" (image above) can be used when taking step 13 of any anonymity program. You water it for them. Actually whenever you drink you water one for yourself... - an alchemist.

Return to “Advanced Witchcraft”