How can I learn telepathy and clairvoyance? Books I should

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How can I learn telepathy and clairvoyance? Books I shou

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hmm. It's been a while since I've read on the subjects, & I'm sure there are modern books with updated ideas under psychic development headings.

If you are absolutely newly starting to investigate, you'd save money by googling rather than buying books, until you know what tone and style of author is going to appeal to you. I like C.W. Leadbeater, but he's from way back before Time and a Theosophist, but I see his book Clairvoyance is under $6. I would describe his approach as theory and self development meditations, rather than how-to.

Plain old experimenting, trial and error is always available. Start any exercise with centering, and end with grounding. Centering pulls your mind into your safe place. Grounding returns you to normal functioning. It doesn't take trance, just a simple relaxation and intent or desire.

Telepathy needs a partner to practice with. Rotate the role of sender and receiver. Pick a week day and time to practice for 1/2 hour, once or twice a week, and commit to it for 3 months. You don't have to be near each other. TP works long distance. Exchange observations afterwards.

As a receiver, sit comfortably with a pad of paper and pen. Relax and center. Give yourself the instruction to know only your partner's thoughts for the next 1/2 hour. Focus on your partner, who will be sending. Then jot down whatever, uncensored image, sound, smell, or thoughts pop up. Some will be crystal clear. Others vaguely noticeable. Dont discriminate. Take it all down.

As a sender, center & relax with a pad of paper and pen. First focus on your partner, who will be receiving. Then gaze at a single object, or photo...colorful newspaper ads work nicely. Imagine the item in the ad and how you'd use it. Jot down words from the ad, like the name of the product, colors on the label, manufacturer. Keep looking at the picture & describing it on your pad. Even make note of what you are wearing that day. You never know what the receiver might pick up.

I think it's unethical to practice on unwitting strangers by toying with seemingly harmless mental suggestions like "scratch your nose". It might seem small potatoes, but it is still an invasion of personal space.

And clairvoyance can include using tools like a black bowl filled with water (or a crystal, if your pockets run deep), or a pendulum, and/or card reading. Or, clairvoyance can be experienced within meditation or trance, in which case you'd benefit from learning some simple meditation. Each technique would merit a book. I think googling the subjects would help to decide which one you wanted to work at.

Let's say you want to try scrying, using a dark bowl filled with water. You can go the Witchy route and work outside under a full moon, capturing the Moon's reflection on the water's surface for gazing, or when no moon is visible or it's blowing a gale, capture the reflection of a candle in the bowl. Keep a pad of paper nearby, but don't feel you have to jerk yourself out of a relaxed mental state to make notes. You can gaze as often as is comfortable, but keep the sessions to 1/2 hour to prevent headaches and tired eyes.

Naturally I'm going to suggest centering first. Try to achieve a mental state where you can ignore distractions. But if your nose itches, feel free to scratch. It's amazing how twitchy we suddenly feel when we meditate. While centering, state your intent to yourself. Use phrases that are short, direct and positive, that state what you want to see. You can't just stare at the bowl of water and expect it to perform wonders. It is your mind that perceives, and you have to give the mind an assignment. Otherwise it gets bored and wanders away, or you fall asleep. "Show me an event of this coming Tuesday" or maybe "show me the caller from the missed phone call" are examples. Pick something you can reasonably verify later. Repeat the instruction occasionally while you gaze into the water.

If the candle is too bright, move it back. Some people drop a silver coin or small crystal into the bowl. You can try variations and see what works. You can also scry with the candle flame and forget the water. If you like being outdoors, scry with the reflection of sunlight off moving water.

Once you get a feel for accuracy then you can inquire about non-verifiable things, like past lives, or anything that peaks your curiosity.
Danmagnamius

Post by Danmagnamius »

I find this subject interesting, and done no research on the matter, but my only experience of a kind of telepathy is with an individual I can only describe the experience we have is we synchronise ourselves, even over the phone or text we become one! It's a truly wonderful experience!
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

A good book is "Grimoire For The Apprentice Wizard" by Oberon Zell Ravenheart. Practice visualization by creating a mental image of objects. Tune your intuitive skills by guessing time prior to checking your watch. Words do not waft from mind to mind but mental images do. AS you advance your magickal skills you will always discover that mental visualization is the key to everything you wish to do. Even in circle casting our ritual verbalization is only a tool to facilitate visualization of circle creation, sphere of protection and the conjuration of Watchers, Elementals, Lords and Spirits,
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

One other thing with telepathy, is that some people are able to send but not receive, and others are able to receive but not send. I don't know why. I just know that sometimes it's that way.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've experienced that words, or more accurately, the meaning of the words, can be telepathically received. My roommate once was sending me "it's time to get up", & I heard "wake up".
And more than once I've heard words out of thin air that were being spoken in another location. I had been the subject of the discussion in these cases.

Return to “Advanced Witchcraft”