Re: Theories & Opinions On Chaos Magic?

Post by Mystie.Graves »

Haha! XD

=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
=#=Mystie.Graves=#=
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

firebirdflys wrote:Haha, that reminds me of the bumbersticker, "reality is for people who can't handle drugs"
FF
Lol. I want such a bumpersticker too!
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I did some exploration of chaos magic a while back. It is very much about taking from everything and belief is key. However, warning of caution. The use of God's and spirits wanton can anger some. Additionally many who identify as chaos magicians use a symbol called the ls or Ellis sigil, shown below.

There was a cooperative effort to try to distort reality and build a new symbol of power. This was the result. The symbol has been placed in many places of power and is frequently used as a header to many chaos spells. Where it has been used there are often problems with unrest and agitation occurring. On a couple of forums I'd looked at there were comments of a several witch covens in one area becoming rather agitated with each other after someone used the sigil around the area.

But I will say some of this is entirely unsubstantiated.

Most people who consider chaos magic actually practice eclecticism. The two are slightly different though. Many chaos magicians completely embrace chaos as part of their life. They do not acknowledge the three fold law or karmic retribution in the same way. A couple of the ones I've met even have definate distinctive auras that are marred and marked. They wear their tribulations as trophies and embrace insanity. These are my experiences with the individuals.

By no means does any of this represent all chaos magicians. They merely take eclecticism to an extreme often trying to reinvent the wheel to fit themself. But I agree with a number of aspects of what they believe though and i encourage you go and read more. One of the projects I'd like to undertake is similar to the Ellis project but I'm less enthusiastic about using chaos to do so.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

So thats what that is! I dropped out of the CM scene for a couple years and when I came back that sigil was everywhere and nobody was willing to talk about what it was. Which I can understand due to the power of subliminal imprinting, but dear gods was it frustrating! I swear Chaos Magicians can be more tight lipped than the most occult of orders when they want to be.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Amusingly you can sometimes find more on a forum by searching Google than actually surfing it lol.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

egregorewitch

Post by egregorewitch »

I personally know little about Chaos Magic, because I am simply an intermediate neo-wiccan who has interest in other areas. However, when I came to the university I currently attend, I was reading in the list of university clubs and organizations. There was a club called "skull and bones". I was intrigued because I was looking for more pagans in this new place.
I sent an email to them, asking for a little more information. I unfortunately never ended up meeting this person, but they did respond to my email very politely! They said that I was the first person ever to email them about the club.
Basically, it is a group (sounds like it was only a few people, but even so) that practices the path of Discordianism.

From Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordianism) :
"Discordianism is a religion and subsequent philosophy based on the veneration or worship of Eris, a.k.a. Discordia, the Goddess of chaos, or archetypes or ideals associated with her. It was founded after the 1963 publication of its holy book, the Principia Discordia,[1] written by Greg Hill with Kerry Wendell Thornley, the two working under the pseudonyms Malaclypse the Younger and Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst."
I never ended up visiting this club, but I still enjoyed reading about this path and gaining knowledge.
So, I think this is relevant to this thread. What say you regarding Discordianism and/or related Chaos Magic?
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

First, the *real* Skull And Bones Society, was a doorway into the deeper levels of the Illuminati. This has conspiracy overtones, yet much is very true.

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/soci ... ones04.htm

Look up Bohemian Woods gatherings as well. Now, as far as Discordianism: Malaclypse The Younger, Bob Dobbs, etc...

Whole different animal...lol...

Someone was pulling your leg... they may call themselves Skull and Bones. But it sounds like a common tactic of a Discordian nature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaclypse_the_Younger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_SubGenius

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/downl ... cordia.pdf

As I said, two totally different animals.

Someone who took chaos magic as an idea, and applied it to modern society as a magical act, was Hakim Bey (known by other names). He created TAZ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporary_Autonomous_Zone

Which became the foundation for the rave movement and burning man.
egregorewitch

Post by egregorewitch »

I have a feeling they weren't trying to pretend they were the real skull and bones society... perhaps they were just named alike...
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

When scanning that sigil it just seems to me that it's purpose is to create pure chaos.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

tutmosis wrote:When scanning that sigil it just seems to me that it's purpose is to create pure chaos.
It is indeed but it is also a linking sigil. Specifically meant to link places of power together.

Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

You mean like ley lines?
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

No more like creating a single sigil that draws on the energy of all of those places. As I said some use it as a main source for the power in their spells. They are shortcutting calling on all these places of power and creating a kind of spacial distortion through the sigils allowing them to draw on the energy from all of these places without ever touching a ley line.

Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

So who *exactly* created it? (you may not get the code I teach, Ryuka, but I know *exactly* why they use that sigil...I got their number)...lol...

I know how to short circuit it as well, if I wanted to...for fun...;)

By the way, it is made from a Seal/Sowulo rune, combined with four Sdar/Tiewaz runes, and a point.

Equals 255:

Earth=255

Sigil=107 (106=Line)

So the Sigil 255=362 (Program = 361)

+

Power=590

Together=43

=995

The sum of one of our main arrangements of two columns of eight, (as the chaos star has eight points). I love decoding code...;)

(Hey Wolf...did you see how you can use the code for magic l, here?)
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Well while most of the time I've seen it called the Ellis symbol there were a couple instances of it being called the Eris symbol.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Just a quick note on the sigil.

1) I've utilized it once since learning of it in an experiment, and with much success. The experiment itself violates site regulations on a few levels, so you will just have to take my word on it.

2) After learning more about the sigil as well as Blackwolf's coding system, I am convinced beyond a doubt that one of the creators of the sigil was using the same code in its creation.

Return to “Advanced Witchcraft”