Using Theban Alphabet in spells

Betweentwosides

Using Theban Alphabet in spells

Post by Betweentwosides »

Hello everyone! I am back. Nowadays I use Theban Alphabet in my own handmade spells (lol), I just searched about magical alphabets (I used Malachim Alphabet so much) and I saw Theban: The Witches' Alphabet, it says. (what the?) Personally I am really into languages, alphabets, scripts, shapes, figures, symbols... And I came with a question, Did you use something like this? Different from Latin Alphabet. I think that all of them are just... really magical (they worked for me). It seems like I will use Theban and others till I become "master" of them. What do you think about this thing? :fairy: :D
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Using Theban Alphabet in spells

Post by SpiritTalker »

I used Theban when I was first learning about magic, but it became too cumbersome. I do use sigils composed of Latin alphabet letters. I have no ability at languages so it is working against myself to use them. I admire people like yourself who can function in multiple languages.

Did you have any success with magic circles, or mandalas? You got me interested in it and I bought a beginners mandala drawing kit but I have not made the time to begin yet. I have a bunch of books in my to-be-read pile which is calling to me.
Betweentwosides

If I don't misunderstood, I only paint some mandalas, it was amazing but I didn't use it as a magical thing (if it's possible). Do you know how should I use? And ehm magic circles... Talking about physical one, which I never do, (like with candles, altar ehm.) As I say it before, I didn't experience with that. Because for me, it's something a bit impossible, you know, family behaviors. I use Theban for hiding my "projects" and feel like inside very magical thing.

And Sigils... I wrote about them so much on (or at lol) the forum, I use them sometimes also.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

With mandalas, symbols or pictures represent the goal of the spell. The picture sends the energy of the image outward and all-around. It's a very old practice. Other styles are those of the Pennsylvania Dutch hex signs, sand paintings, & Hoodoo Verve diagrams. It's like putting a sigil in a circle and drawing crossed arrows on it to show it how to spread out to the four directions. The sigil's power is contained within the circle and the arrows send the power. You could use the Theban alphabet too.
Betweentwosides

What a coincidence! I just thought I'd use a sigil in circle (just because it feels like real magic circles). And I tried that. But I tried like filling the whole circle with the sigil symbol, its corners touched the circle. I don't know how and why, but it's really funny and useful for me and I didn't know that it's possible to use sigils like this.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well, it's quite an intuitive method of magic. You've got your Witchy on!
Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

I've never had an issue with using the Latin alphabet in magical endeavors, so I've never bothered using Hebrew, Theban, etc. Universal consciousness seems to understand English just as well as any other language, so I've never seen the point.
Student of Rosicrucianism, Neoplatonism & Hermetic Kabbalah.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I used it as a means to train my wayward brain to concentrate...you know, rewire my brain. After 6 months I figured there were better ways.
Ashlienna

Post by Ashlienna »

I use the Theban alphabet in my ordinary day-to-day diary and also in my "spiritual, magickal journey" diary. It's not a proper BoS, but more of a journal of experiences. I bought this lovely journal book and copied everything I had into it using Theban. It was well worth it, the letters are extremely beautiful.

I have been using the alphabet for more than a year now, and I found it's easier to learn to write it than it is to actually read what you have written, or at least that was the way it was for me. I use long spaces to separate words so it's easier to read. I'm thinking about making my own alphabet to further conceal my writings, and also because I would want to make each letter beautiful and easy to write by hand. I've looked at some letters from movies and tv-shows to find inspiration, like Lord of the Rings, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Shannara Chronicals and a few others. Using another alphabet makes each page stand out in beauty, hides what you have written, and gives each word it's own power and mystique. You can use this alphabet no matter what language you use, I created extra letters for the Norwegian alphabet which has 3 extra letters compared to the English alphabet and I write in Norwegian using Theban.

I like the look of Theban, and I like that people can't just open my diaries and read what they find. As I used the alphabet, over time some of the letters changed a bit, into my own handwriting, which I didn't expect to happen, it just did. I know I will keep using it until I make my own letters.
Betweentwosides

Thank you guys! Well Ashilienna, Like how Norwegian has, Turkish has some letters too (ö, ş, ç, ı, ğ, ü). Actually I write in English everything I do, even magical things, I don't know why. Like you, I tried a lot of alphabets (Malachim, Theban, Something called "The Elementarium", "Pictish Script", "Ogham", something called "Moon alphabet" etc.) I really used Malachim so much, even I memorized them. But when I thought that Malachim is a bit useless for magickal things, I found Theban. And for others, they were quite hard to write (or because I don't study for them so much), so I am still study for learn letters now. By the way, how do you use Theban for magick?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I found a book on Amazon.com called "the Original Theban Workbook" selling for $26. and it teaches you to read and write with that alphabet. Just thought you might be interested.

Return to “Advanced Witchcraft”