Forming a Fetch

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forming a Fetch

Post by Firebird »

The "Fetch" is a thought form being which is made using compressed PSI energy. The Fetch does just that... fetch things for you. Now I don't know if this being goes by another name or not as it seems to be somewhat of a controlled Egregore...if that is possible, since an Egregore usually forms itself, a Fetch is formed by a single Witch or with coven mates.

So, a Fetch is programed entity designed to seek out or do specific tasks for you...find a new job, a different place to live, a great new location to circle in, or find lost items like keys, files, an article of clothing, they can also be formed to be a protector or guide.

Fetch forms we have used in the past have included snakes, hawks, ravens, eagles, cats, dogs, wolves, ferrets...the critter that would best serve your task should be chosen. So if you are looking for a place to live a hawk or eagle would be best so they can soar around and look. If you need protection from a pesky dog, maybe a mountain lion,... If you want a protector for the home, maybe a bear or Sasquatch, ...if you are seeking a spiritual guide, hummingbird or dragonfly may help, ...if you are looking for lost keys, clothing or other small item, choose something that gets into the small places like a ferret, snake or rat. You get the idea, choose the best animal for the job.

A Fetch should only go free range for a month, or from Moon to Moon. You can assign it lesser time, but more time will require the Fetch to return to recharge it's energy. It is meant to dissolve after a months time, as it will loose energy and dissipate. They are most usually formed for temporary work. Only once did we put one in for permanence in protecting a paticular piece of land and wow did it stick, now no one can go there (oops).

The Fetch should be formed in a well cast and consecrated Circle, you could have representative statuettes or drawings of the intended beast, food they would like and water as an offering. Think about the task at hand, use your emotions, (are you enraged, scared, lonely, frustrated) let this be evident in your Rite. Now think about the Beast to be formed, what will it look like?,... size, color, smell, particular markings, name it if you wish.

When forming the Fetch gather PSI energy, this is most easily done by rubbing the hands together briskly. Feel the plasmatic thickening between your hands as you hold them a few inches apart. Gather some internal energy from your heart and some external energy from the Sun or Moon, place this into the ball of energy in your hands. If you are in a group you all collectively connect the PSI ball in the center of your circle. Next someone describes the beast in detail, every one present visualizes the thought form being spoke, using the hands to form features,.... head, limbs, wings, tail, feathers, fur...what ever makes up your particular being, (pet it some if you like) ...by now the energy of the being may becoming evident as the restlessness of the form is taking on life, the person who was describing the features, now gives the being it's task in detail and time frame. As everyone is holding the creature at bay, begin your cone of power (this may require a different post to explain but this is supposed to be Advanced :fairy: ) As the intensity of the cone goes up, you will feel the creature want to break free, hold on until the cone peaks ...where, at which point it is released. Take note of the direction the animal goes as this is likely a direction of some importance.

Leave some food and water out for the being while it journeys, nothing to terribly fancy ...like, if you have a mountain lion, steak isn't necessary, but maybe a few kitty kibbles, after all it is a spiritual offering from your heart. I like to give a portion of what ever I am having for dinner.
You may meditate on the animal to receive information, or you may just get wild whims out of the blue as to what to do or where to look.

This is a extremely delicate, precise and powerful working not to be taken lightly, (as we found out with the permanence Fetch)
It is defiantly a skill every witch should have in their bag of tricks.
Many blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Pinkpower_80

Re: Forming a Fetch

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Oh wow for some reason this information hit me hard, it's like you wrote this post for me. I don't know why because I haven't really thought about something like this. I will definitely be putting this into more thought & meditation. Thank you Firebird.
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Thank you very much, FF, for posting this and in such detail. It answers many of my questions from a previous post. :)

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 25057.html

This is highly useful information and I believe that I'll also have to meditate a great deal on the concept before I attempt it. But I agree, every witch should learn this skill. Thanks again!
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

This is very neat - thank you for sharing, FB!

I'm very curious now about the permanent fetch you mentioned - do you mind telling us a little more about that? Thanks!!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Thanks firebirdflys. <3
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

The concept of fetches attests to the power of our thoughts and intentions. "Energy follows thought," indeed.

Thanks again.
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Just an interesting note on fetches that I read in Nordic Soul Lore and Teutonic Psychology , interesting article in DPhoenix's ebook library. :fairy:

http://www.themagicknook.com/ebooks/
The fetch [fylgja ON] is a separate entity attached to the soul of most individuals which is the repository of all past action and which accordingly affects the person's life. It is the "Spirit Familiar" of Witchcraft. It is also the faculty through which transpersonal powers, gifts, and responsibilities are transmitted. It has three complex aspects: 1) the animal-fetch, and there may be more than one of these. 2) the contra-sexual-fetch, or fetch opposite gender to the lyke. 3) the geometrical-fetch, often a crescent.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have seen so many descriptions on what a Fetch is, and most aren't pretty, this is why I wondered if it goes by another name...is there any other Witch out there who uses this method and calls it something else? I would be interested to know. I only know what I was taught and it didn't really come in a book.
As for the permanent Fetch, in brief it was to protect some land from development, we were hoping for some openspace...I really don't want to say more. It backfired now it is off limits to all.
:flyingwitch:
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Heartsong wrote:Just an interesting note on fetches that I read in Nordic Soul Lore and Teutonic Psychology , interesting article in DPhoenix's ebook library. :fairy:

http://www.themagicknook.com/ebooks/
The fetch [fylgja ON] is a separate entity attached to the soul of most individuals which is the repository of all past action and which accordingly affects the person's life. It is the "Spirit Familiar" of Witchcraft. It is also the faculty through which transpersonal powers, gifts, and responsibilities are transmitted. It has three complex aspects: 1) the animal-fetch, and there may be more than one of these. 2) the contra-sexual-fetch, or fetch opposite gender to the lyke. 3) the geometrical-fetch, often a crescent.
(I need to get on the ball and upload some more ebooks for you all)

And that was a really cool post Firebird! I've always wanted to make a fetch but haven't had a good enough reason to. I wouldn't feel right about making one for mundane purposes... one of these days...
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Highly interesting, I have heard of them before but by no other name. I have never tried it myself but after reading this I just may. Thanks firebird !
hecate8

Post by hecate8 »

In Chaos magic, they're called servitors, and are tied to a sigil. I've also heard them called artificial elementals.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Artificial elementals? I'm going to have to do some research on that one! It sounds fascinating!
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
hecate8

Post by hecate8 »

Heartsong,
Try Initiation Into Hermetics by Franz Bardon, Step five, deliberate creation of beings and Step seven, creation of elementaries.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Thank you, hecate8, I will!
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Magus caster

Post by Magus caster »

Wow, thank you so much. This was exactly the type of info that I was looking for.
Witches are their own alliance, their own life. They are their own breed and they are their own species. We are different from the modern man and are more in tune with the spiritual side of life.

Return to “Advanced Witchcraft”