Psychic Shielding

JBRaven
Banned Member

Psychic Shielding

Post by JBRaven »

Here is an article with shielding techniques that I copied from the web:

Psychic Shielding by Druidess of Disir
Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:36 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good shielding techniques should, in my personal opinion, be one of the first few essential lessons for those seeking to learn how to sense and use their own personal energies and the energies present in the world around them. And so I offer my own techniques and experiences on this very important basic lesson. Most good shielding requires the student have some aptitude at and knowledge of visualization techniques, which may be combined with meditation. Basic energy sensing and manipulation is also helpful, although not necessarily required. Both are beyond the scope of this essay.

Importance of Shielding

I cannot stress enough the importance of good shielding techniques. Opening oneself to be able to feel and manipulate internal and external energies can also leave one vulnerable to attack and influence of directed and undirected energies. Below are a few examples of “directed and undirected energies”:• Car salesmen (or any salespeople, for that matter) are notorious schmooze artists.Part of their innate charisma is a natural ability (subconscious or not) to energetically push their will upon their customers. This would also apply to any successful con artist. A good shield on the part of the customer may cause some vexation to the salesman who is unable to convince him to buy more than he can afford.

Most people at one time or another have had the experience of walking into a room just after a heated argument has occurred. Even though they may not have witnessed or heard the fight, and the people in the room were acting friendly toward each other, a good number of people will say they can "feel the tension in the air" and may actually be more prone to hostility after entering the room. This can be thought of as psychic residue, and can strongly affect some people.

The same could be said for a space in which any emotionally charged event has occurred. Shielding can help keep such free-floating energies from having an unwanted effect. There are quite a number of people who, through either natural ability or good training, can sense details about other people. That is, people who can psychically "read" another person if that person is not well-shielded.

Conversely, nearly everyone could probably come up with the names of a few people who never seem to let on what they're truly thinking. They are "unreadable" and probably very well-shielded through either innate ability or practice. There are some people who are so negative that they drain other people mentally,emotionally, physically and psychically. Almost everyone can probably think of at least one friend or acquaintance who can ruin the best day and make them feel tired or even physically ill. Effective shielding can reduce or eliminate this effect.

The basic techniques for shielding are very simple, but they require quite a bit of practice at first to be effective. Here are a few simple methods for the novice...

Beginner Visualization (The White Egg)

The most basic shielding technique involves the student visualizing a barrier of some sort around him/herself. The most basic barrier is probably the sphere or egg of white light. The technique is as follows: Ground and center your energy using whatever method you wish. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for a few minutes. Allow yourself to see your body with your mind's eye. Hold this image until it becomes stable. Now see your skin begin to glow with white light. Allow this light to become a layer that covers your entire body. Let it expand to be as thick as you think it needs to be and continue to grow outward. As it moves away from the surface of your body, it becomes a glowing white egg (or sphere) encircling you from all directions. Allow it to expand to the edge of your personal comfort zone.

Know that you are safe within this space, and allow yourself to feel calm here. Hold this image firmly in your mind for several minutes before opening your eyes. Use this visualization whenever you feel you need protection, and particularly before doing any other energetic or psychic work. It is also a good practice to begin your day with this visualization and to consciously draw your attention toward the mental image of your shield throughout the day whenever you think about it or when you feel you need it. At first, it may be necessary to go through the entire visualization (which may take some people up to 10 minutes or so) every time you want to shield yourself. This is perfectly normal. It should become much easier with practice, and it may eventually require only a few seconds to complete the visualization.

Visualization Variations

There are many different ways to visualize a shield around your physical body. Some people like the white light method. Others prefer to visualize something more familiar and solid around them than a glowing white egg. I have included below some variations to use in place of the white egg. Just use the exercise above and replace the egg with whatever else you'd like to use.

* Marshmallows or pillows: to give the feeling of a little extra padding between you and whatever you happen to face.

* Wire mesh: filters out the bad stuff while still allowing "good vibes" to come through.

* Mirror: reflects negativity back to the originator.

* Brick walls: for especially tough shields.

* Fire: burns away bad stuff.

And the list goes on! Whatever you can imagine that you think would be a good shield you can use. The important thing is that it makes you feel safe and that you practice with it enough that you are comfortable putting up your shield on short notice.

The more advanced practitioner may want to incorporate energy manipulation into their visualization exercises when shielding. The basic technique is again very simple and the variations are only limited by the imagination and ability of the practitioner.

Basic Energy Shield

Ground and center your energy. Become aware of your personal energy field. Begin to expand it outward a comfortable distance from your body. Concentrate the energy at the edge of the field so that it becomes thick and impenetrable. Focus on this long enough that the field does not disperse easily. Here is a second method for this exercise: Ground and center your energy. Bring your hands together in front of you and form a ball of energy between your hands. Allow this ball to grow in size and intensity until it surrounds you on all sides. Focus long enough that the shield does not disperse easily. Once again, the exercise may be used whenever you feel like you need protection or in the morning as part of beginning your day. With practice, this exercise should become easy enough that the whole process takes only a few seconds.

Energy Shield Variations

The energy shield can be varied in much the same way that the visualization shield can be varied. Energy for the shield can be drawn from different sources, including the earth itself. The possibilities are truly limitless. Proper shielding techniques should be one of the cornerstones of any magical or psychic training. The techniques are so simple almost any beginner can perform them and are easily mastered with a little practice. Don't be afraid to experiment with the techniques until you find one that works well for you. There are probably as many methods for shielding as there are people who do it, and there really is not a single right way. Nor are there any wrong ways.

Copyright (c) 2003 Lubbock Seekers' Society. Permission is given to redistribute as long as proper credit is given to the author and this copyright notice is attached. The author can be contacted at druidess_of_disir@sbcglobal.net.
Blusnayl

Re: Psychic Shielding

Post by Blusnayl »

Hopefully it comes in handy for those under psychic attack from human or others types of entity.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well, try it and find out. Shielding seems to work for most people or they wouldn't be writing about it, I'd think. I've never met anyone who didn't benefit from such visualizations. But if someone had doubts, that won't help much. Maybe they'd want to step up the plan with cleansing & protection spells, setting boundaries around their living and work spaces if they think there is an issue.
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

There is a good shield that blocks a lot of things that I use. Google 12 dimensional shielding and you should find it.

But it works very good. Almost too good. I just constructed mine to filter in positive emotions so I can still feel my environment. It is so thick, sometimes it leaves you with a feeling of bereftment.

Return to “Advanced Witchcraft”