29%
Other (please state in reply)
21%

Total votes: 24

Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Are love spells moral?

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

There is actually two question really, but the poll only contains one, the other I would prefer if you could answer in a post, thank you.

Are love spells moral?

also,

If you believe they are, would you or have you ever cast one?

I will wait to post my opinion so as to allow others to post without hearing my argument, and perhaps impacting their own.
sunstoneleo

Post by sunstoneleo »

I have casted one and it turned out bad. But that is also how I found my current boyfriend.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

I chose "other" and I chose that because my answer of "Who cares?" wasn't there lol :P

I don't like to mix morals and ethics with my magic ... if I am doing something then within myself I feel the reason to be good enough and that is reason plenty to go ahead with it.

... If typical/classic morals and ethics were a cornerstone to my practice then I wouldn't be doing much of anything would I :P
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

My personal opinion is that love spells fade in due time. But maybe not, it depends on how you believe it. I've casted a love spell way back 2 years ago and It just fade when I burned the stuff which keeps the magic. However, this case love spell did not fade. It's my decision to lift it. Perhaps, love spells depends on the person.

I lift it because I thought that I was wrong, well maybe my head's saying that I shouldn't do it because I just thought that it was wrong. :D
[Obsidian]

Post by [Obsidian] »

I would say love spells are ok as long as they are not intended to break an existing love and as long as they intend to give love with someone a chance rather than to force a round piece of love into a triangular hole with a hammer.

Harry
[AmberRose13]

Post by [AmberRose13] »

I believe that love spells are moral. I really don't see anything wrong with most of them. However, there are some cases where the person the spell was cast on has absolutely no control. It is ok to cast one to make love come to you(not directed at a certain person), to heat up a romance, but its not ok to take someone who obviously has no interest, and never did, and make them your personal love slave.
I have done love spells. Some worked, some didn't, but in the end I always took them off, or they faded.
I guess its all a matter of opinion....

- Amberrose
"Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes."
- R.K. Milholland
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

That's very much a "yes and no". I'm with Amberrose on this particular matter, for the most part. It seems to me that most people who want "love" spells are only asking because they are obsessed with another person for whatever reason, and want that other person (who probably doesn't know they exist) to obsess back.

In my never humble opinion, that's just plain wrong. If someone wants a spell like that, then I refer them all to my prior posts about Vegas, a gallon of vodka, and a pre-booked wedding chapel.

For those few who seem to genuinely want love, of whatever persuasion,and they're willing to go for a general thing, spellwise, and keep their eye open for opportunities... I say go for it. It's not hurting anyone to get the dice of life loaded in your favor.

As for love spells... I've written about this before, as well. Yes, I've done it. Once. I ended up with someone I absolutely adored, and who adored me in return. But... Alas. We're both commitment shy and young, and what we found was what we wanted for much later in life. I made the mistake of casting for love when I should have cast for a good bed-buddy, since that was all I'd been looking for. :P
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
[AmberRose13]

Post by [AmberRose13] »

Actuslly, something that I should have added is that if you truely want to do a love spell, it is best to sleep on it. Wait a few days.
Also, something I've really gotten into lately is honey jar spells. That could easily be made into a non manipulated love spell.

- Amberrose
"Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes."
- R.K. Milholland
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

But how are love spells not manipulative? You are forcing someone too either pay more attention to you or be drawn to you. I don't agree with that, love is love, and love will come to everyone. I just think that all love spells are rubish, not meaning to offend anyone, but in my opinion its right up their with steriotypical glamor spells, (changing eye color, hair.)
[WitchMomma]

Post by [WitchMomma] »

I would rather let things be and happen as they will. I have never done one and don't plan to for myself or anyone else.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Ok. I think doing a general "hey Universe, I'm ready for Love" is an acceptible love spell. I don't think that targeting a person is moral at all.

Hey, at the previous level of shouting to the Universe that you are ready, is basically like dressing nicer, wearing perfume, and being flirtatious and in general having that "sparkle".
Tymar

Post by Tymar »

I answered other.
the reason is because i feel you can ask the universe for love to come your way. Although i dont agree with using a love spell on someone inparticular, its manipulation.

I might not be wiccan, but i still follow the Rede.
An it harm none, do what thou wilt.

Or this from my childhood memory, when i was dragged to church.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I believe in putting magick out there, just as long as you think first,
would you want that happening to you.. by someone you dont know?

BB Tymar
BB Tymar..

Don't wait for a light to appears at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself" - Sara Henderson;
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

An it harm none
What constitutes as harm?

there's no such thing as a non manipulative spell.
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

I've got nothing there, Sobek. I would say "Anything that doesn't blatantly force another human being to do your will", but then I've done some things that fall well into that category, and I did not (and still do not) consider what I was doing harmful. Irritating, perhaps, to the people involved, but it kept a lot of trouble from happening that might have otherwise occurred.

Generally speaking, I take a good long look at my reasons for doing something, and decide whether it's something I will feel guilty for later or not. If I can live with myself, I call it good and do it. If I decide I can't, for whatever reason, then I do not.

For example.

I have no problem whatsoever with keeping people from doing something that might be fatal using magic, if I can't find another way to solve the situation. But a love spell directed at a single person? I couldn't do it. I would have to wake up every morning next to them and think that what I'm doing was no better than rape, and worse in some ways. That is something -I- could not live with.

[/bad example.]

And in part, that's why I am so vehemently against using those kinds of love spells. Women would throw a fit if a man ever raped them, and cry, and spend years in therapy. Been there, done that, know the rigamarole. How can they ever think that what they're doing to this "man of their dreams" with a love spell is any better? And how can they dare say they love him when they're willing to hurt him that way? It's the same kind of twisted logic that's used when someone beats their wives and children "because they love them". Screw that.

That said... What's wrong with a Glamour? It's no different than wearing makeup, and some women do it every single day. So do some men. It's the same lie placed over the face that's so socially acceptable, and even expected- the medium is just different.

EDIT: Sorry, Shaman, misread your post. Also, what do I call you? I was looking at your name, and I will often abbreviate to first letters... uhm.. But yours wouldn't be nice. >.<

[/off topic question]
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
ATraveller
Banned Member

Post by ATraveller »

Sobek wrote: What constitutes as harm?
Go to the icecream shop. Will whoever is serving to give you a BIG icecream. Then override their own idea of what a big icecream is, make it BIGGER.

Take a good look at their face when they serve you. That's harm.
Sobek wrote:there's no such thing as a non manipulative spell.
I agree. So, where do we draw the line?

Return to “Love Spells”