Have you ever cast a love spell?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 49

amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

O.k....I can dig that, (he pulls out his mad genius handbook and says "ah yes, this is the part where I am supposed to say something like; "Yes! that was part of the plan the whole time!!!")

I guess I'd say that, all towardness is desire, it's simply a matter of "for what?"

I get out of bed (my desire is to start the things I have to do today)

I go to the kitchen (my desire is coffee...which, in itself, is a desire for caffine and, by proxy, a desire for the chemical reaction that takes place when the body consumes caffine)

I go to the shower (My desire is the feeling that comes from hot water on my body, the desire for the feeling of cleanliness (soap, shave...etc..) as well as, by default (or design) the desire to look and smell (to others) as though I am "clean" (which is the desire to be accepted, the desire to be approved of..etc..)

In the case of the o.p., it is most truly desire (rather than calling it love) because desire is a baser function..a spiritual and physical reality vs/ a concept...so in creating a spell...it is to obtain what is desired, not what is "loved"

I would argue even that if one says "I desire to be loved" it is simply a "desire to be desired in return"

In typing this message, my desire is to share the teachings of the Spirits (Praise the ancestors) that I have received through divination, because it is the Spirits wisdom that I do so.
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Post by LaFiamma »

for the record, I'm not offended or distressed in the least bit- if I were offended, or distressed, I would have said so, I tend to be very clear. If I haven't said right out "That is offensive",or somethign similar, it's highly doubtful that I've been offended.

That said, I do believe that you're wrong, but if divination is so carved in stone and titanium that is so impervious to any erosion, well...I'm not stupid enough to waste my time discussing it any further.
amunptah777 wrote:Well, I certainly don't want to cause anyone distress or offend.

This is simply what I've been taught through divination. In fact, I had no problem with the use of the word "love" (other than I never seemed to have "experienced" it) until the Spirits taught me thus and so.

After I was taught this, I realized why I hadn't,...the word is a false representation of human desire. There are other false words. Words that have common usage but no basis in reality...salvation, for example..:)

I am aware of the etymology. Etymology though, does not tell the whole history of words, in this case; "Love" didn't just start in Old English, and didn't have the same progression as other, less emotive words.

Yes...my name is Thet, and I'll be playing the part of the mad genius tonight "they all laughed at me...but I tell you...it's true!!!"

I'll warn you, there's no point in debating this issue with me, the teachings I receive through divination are rock encased in titanium...if you get me.

(Incidentally, it's also why I normally stay out of political debate )

Anyway, sorry again...didn't want to cause a ruckus....have your Desire Spell...just be careful. :)

Thet
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Post by LaFiamma »

Pav wrote:The problem with using the word "desire" is I for one normally associate it with something sexual, lust or whatever
Yeeeeah, and if you have kids...you just can't...yeah.

The whole idea of "love" being some Christian bastardization of "desire" is just whacked on so many levels. But you know that, I know that and it's rock and titanium-clad for the OP so I'm preaching to teh choir here.

I'm gonna go have some lunch. Tasty, tasty lunch. So I can stop thinking about this.
Tymar

Post by Tymar »

Love can mean so many different things, to so many different people.

For reasons beyond my control - I used to over compensate with the word, as in the word didnt hold what i felt it needed too. for me to be able to express what i felt inside of me.
Now days I have come up with other words that express how i feel inside. and i was thinking, maybe that is what you might have done Thet.
Found another way of accepting or understanding it for you..

I feel, love is a universal word everyone knows what i means... So when expressing what we mean to a group of people or even a handful you use words that everyone understands, or can relate to in some way..

Even if it might not be totally what you feel is right in your heart, you still understand what they are saying..
It just helps with communication..

Just some thoughts from the deep.
BB. Tymar
BB Tymar..

Don't wait for a light to appears at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself" - Sara Henderson;
valerian moon

Re: Poll: Is it OK to Cast a Love Spell?

Post by valerian moon »

With both parties' permission, of course.
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
manshin

Post by manshin »

Depends on your tradition. With Mugyo 무교, it's not uncommon.
Korean Sorceress/Shaman 만신; witch; Kemetic Orthodoxy
*I do not follow any (Neo)Wiccan beliefs.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

If it's general ("I want to be more relaxed when I flirt with people!"), then I see no problem with it. If it's towards a specific person, I don't think it would work. You can cast a spell/do a ritual over yourself to be more appealing - teach yourself to be more fun-loving, confident, patient, etc. When you feel good about yourself, you'll attract people in spades!
James122

Post by James122 »

I think love spells are ok if they are general but if they are person specific then no that's certainly not OK!
Pallando

Post by Pallando »

If you want more love, love more.
-John Lennon
Wiccita

Re:

Post by Wiccita »

Pav wrote:amunptah777 how is love a Christian word? I'm sure people were falling in love well before Christianity decided to turn up
Agree totally!
barker

Post by barker »

Do love spells ever become completely true? My experience has it that they usually, though quite amorous, are too deep, or intangible, or something, to make the whole thing sexy...

Return to “Love Spells”