Love Spell Ethics -

Questions and posts about love spells.
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Edwardo, if you are really in that big of a hurry to find someone...why don't you look for a picture that looks like a good person to meet. That wouldn't be putting a spell on anyone in particular. Sure, find a photo of some pretty fashion model you like out of a catalog. Cut it out, use as a substitute picture...a blonde, brunette, whatever. :wink:
Cherokeewind
Edwardo

Post by Edwardo »

Wow, so many replies. I'll do my best to cover them.

I have not cast any spells yet. The purpose of my asking these question is I desire a loved one to return to me. I am not after just any person (a model lol), I am asking these questions in relation to a specific person.

Now the question of deities, higher powers and all that totally confuses me.

I have no spell casting experience. I have no knowledge of what higher power to ask for guidance. I have no knowledge of even what spell to cast or where to begin. So you see the reason why I am asking questions from this community.

The question of ethics is my own to cross or not. I understand the boundaries and rules. If I choose to cross them, I do it with faith I am still doing the right thing. I am not an evil person. I simply want to do whatever I can to bring my love back.
MVTirado

Post by MVTirado »

Edwardo wrote:Wow, so many replies. I'll do my best to cover them.

I have not cast any spells yet. The purpose of my asking these question is I desire a loved one to return to me. I am not after just any person (a model lol), I am asking these questions in relation to a specific person.

I have no spell casting experience. I have no knowledge of what higher power to ask for guidance. I have no knowledge of even what spell to cast or where to begin. So you see the reason why I am asking questions from this community.

The question of ethics is my own to cross or not. I understand the boundaries and rules. If I choose to cross them, I do it with faith I am still doing the right thing. I am not an evil person. I simply want to do whatever I can to bring my love back.
You say that you have no clue which higher powers to ask for guidance... but which higher powers do you believe in? What religion or spiritual background are you from, or do you align yourself most closely with? What do you believe about an individual's ability to change things? All of these things VERY important before you consider attempting to cast a spell. You first have know where you're working from and who/what you're working with, or things could go very wrong as was stated by another member.

Invoking a deity you don't believe in might work just as well as praying to a G-D you don't believe in. Beyond even that, you need to start with something simple and not directed at a person just to get the hang of how such things are done. Spell casting is more in the intent of the caster than in the materials used. From my perspective, the materials are there to give the caster more belief in what they are doing, and to build up more energy in the actual making and formulating process of whatever they're casting.

A love spell can be as simple as lighting a pink or white candle with the picture of name of the person either where you can see it or underneath it. Holding a piece of rose quartz for example, is a nice option to this as well. Praying first to the Whomever you believe in for guidance and approval is something I would suggest. And above almost anything else, it is absolutely necessary that you have a clear heart and mind. Meaning, it is imperative that you do not think anything negative while working. You can take a purifying bath first, but you still have to make sure you control thoughts and energy.

Some people cast according to moon phases, and believe that if you're working on a love spell it should only be cast on or between new and full moon, but not after full moon. Some believe that even 3 days after full moon is still ok to work on a spell to increase or draw something. Others believe that you should not work on new moon or on full moon... beliefs about this vary. And of course, there are those who do not believe that the moon phase matters at all.

So again, spell casting is something that is covered under a wide range of beliefs systems. You really do need to know what you believe first, and then work from there.
Edwardo

Post by Edwardo »

MVTirado wrote:
Edwardo wrote:Wow, so many replies. I'll do my best to cover them.

You say that you have no clue which higher powers to ask for guidance... but which higher powers do you believe in? What religion or spiritual background are you from, or do you align yourself most closely with? What do you believe about an individual's ability to change things? All of these things VERY important before you consider attempting to cast a spell. You first have know where you're working from and who/what you're working with, or things could go very wrong as was stated by another member.

Invoking a deity you don't believe in might work just as well as praying to a G-D you don't believe in. Beyond even that, you need to start with something simple and not directed at a person just to get the hang of how such things are done. Spell casting is more in the intent of the caster than in the materials used. From my perspective, the materials are there to give the caster more belief in what they are doing, and to build up more energy in the actual making and formulating process of whatever they're casting.

A love spell can be as simple as lighting a pink or white candle with the picture of name of the person either where you can see it or underneath it. Holding a piece of rose quartz for example, is a nice option to this as well. Praying first to the Whomever you believe in for guidance and approval is something I would suggest. And above almost anything else, it is absolutely necessary that you have a clear heart and mind. Meaning, it is imperative that you do not think anything negative while working. You can take a purifying bath first, but you still have to make sure you control thoughts and energy.

Some people cast according to moon phases, and believe that if you're working on a love spell it should only be cast on or between new and full moon, but not after full moon. Some believe that even 3 days after full moon is still ok to work on a spell to increase or draw something. Others believe that you should not work on new moon or on full moon... beliefs about this vary. And of course, there are those who do not believe that the moon phase matters at all.

So again, spell casting is something that is covered under a wide range of beliefs systems. You really do need to know what you believe first, and then work from there.
This is why I am confused. If I believed in the almighty power of Fanta, and truly believed in that, we both know it's not going to have any effect or power in my spell casting. True intent or not.

But to believe in a higher power, it's vague to me, as that's to say I could choose anyone to put my faith in. That seems to be open ended where made up idols and other such stuff could come into the fray. Also, the candles and other items used in spell casting, if as I've read they don't actually have any power in the spell itself, then why not simply say a prayer to a higher power for your wish to be granted with clear intent and belief, and presto it's done?

If I have no idea what higher power to pursue, then obviously the chances of me choosing correctly are also probably slim.

I'm tired but will reply more tomorrow. Continued thanks for the replies.
MVTirado

Post by MVTirado »

Edwardo wrote:This is why I am confused. If I believed in the almighty power of Fanta, and truly believed in that, we both know it's not going to have any effect or power in my spell casting. True intent or not.

But to believe in a higher power, it's vague to me, as that's to say I could choose anyone to put my faith in. That seems to be open ended where made up idols and other such stuff could come into the fray.
By this do you mean that you are an atheist? Or simply that there are so many beliefs in the world that you don't know which is true?

If you don't necessarily believe in a Higher Being then there is no one for you to invoke, according to what you believe. If you believe there is a Power greater than yourself in the world, whether you think it has a name or not.... or if you think it might not necessarily be associated with any religion, etc. then you can petition to that which is greater than yourself.

If you DON'T believe in any of these entities, then I see no need in petitioning them. Instead you would just attempt to cast a spell from your own personal energy.

Also, the candles and other items used in spell casting, if as I've read they don't actually have any power in the spell itself, then why not simply say a prayer to a higher power for your wish to be granted with clear intent and belief, and presto it's done?
People light candles in different cultures and religions for different reasons. Some light them, as well as incense, to draw spirits or angels. Some view the candles as an act of devotion to a deity. Some believe that the incense are for the pleasure of a deity, and others believe that it's for the caster or the spell itself.

You can say a prayer, there's nothing wrong with that either. From personal experience, if you know how to pray, and all the conditions are right it is just as effective. However, there are some people who don't believe that it is, or that they should directly make changes in the world around them using their personal power. Views on this will vary.

When we cast a spell, other entities aside, we're draw on our personal energy, our faith, power, belief, and so on. One of the most popular views is that spells using materials are much stronger because our energies are put into those things we use as well, thus candles and such being charge with our intent. And so... a candle that is charge with our intent can help to carry out a wish or prayer. It's another physical object containing a desire. (If this makes any sense to you.) Regardless, that energy and power is still coming from within ourselves.

Can you imagine what would happen to the world if people fell in love every time a pink candle was lit? :)

Colors raise different emotions in us. And therefore, from my view, it works with our sub-conscience in that respect. Additionally, there is the belief that colors have certain vibrations beyond how they affect human emotions.

So, in essence, by using the materials, you're putting your personal energy into materials which are appropriately associated with your cause, and in some sense... it enhances your ability to manifest your will in the world. At the same time, I've had prayer where I've drawn enough energy (which were under the right conditions) which worked much faster than most of my spells. Additionally, I've willed things to happen without the use of any other items. But to be in such a state, for me at least, is rare. And regardless of what method you use, you're still drawing on your personal energy and your faith.

This isn't to say that materials have no properties of their own, but rather that in spell casting it is the person, and not the things which makes things happen.

It's not really about choosing what to think so much as it is about knowing what you believe.
Mycroft
Banned Member

Post by Mycroft »

I was taught that if you were to spend energy in believing into a deity then subconsciously she would be created and would answer to your calls. So yes, you might actually believe in the almighty powers of Fanta. I don't exactly know why but it is probably because it's your energy that responds to your wishes.

True, the ethics are your problem, but I usually don't get mixed up with them. I ponder a lot but if I want something done, I don't go out of my way to listening to them.

For a love spell you usually invoke the goddesses of love...Aphrodite, Hathor, Astrild...whomever belongs to the pantheon you worship. Like MVTirado said. If you're an atheist you don't need them.
But if you go with your gut feeling, you can't really be wrong.

Read about love spells. That's all I can say. Forcing someone to love you is highly improbable. There’s a 50-50 chance at it. She might have a will too strong to be influenced by a love spell.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

or if you really have a problem with deities, you could invoke the collective essence of human love...
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

So, what you're really saying, you need to make a connection with and feel that higher power. Right?

If that's the case, try this first before attempting a spell.
Without any tools, alter, or circle casting materials, form a circle of power using just yourself. For you, this will be more like an experiment.

Find a good private place, where you won't be disturbed and can sit down.

1. Walk a circle about 7-10 ft in diameter, after this manner. Start by standing at the direction you believe a circle should start. For me that would be East. Point your finger to the East, saying "powers of the East" and visualize a color. For many the color is Yellow. Say "element air" and move on to the South, as walking a circle. Do the same for the West, North, returning to the East again. I'm sure anyone who has been at EUM for 1 month or more, should fully understand the 4 elements (Air, Fire, Water, Earth). If not, do a study.

2. Stand in the center of the circle. Point your finger at the East where you started "calling the Quarters" turning around in the center follow the circle you walked by pointing, until once around. See this now as a circle in your mind.

3. There should have been a sphere of light or feeling of energy by now. Spend some time meditating on this energy. Find a good way to use it then, send it for something positive.
:D

Once you get that right, just add candles, tools, salt and water, your alter, herbs, stones, ancient dieties, symbols, formulated spells, etc. :wink:
Cherokeewind

Return to “Love Spells”