self-love spell for a friend?

Questions and posts about love spells.
Kovyx

self-love spell for a friend?

Post by Kovyx »

Note; Sorry if the title is misleading, i am not posting a spell myself. I am looking for advice on how to do a spell of the sort.

My friend just got out of a really unhealthy relationship, but they still are very stressed. Together we're making a necklace for the person with a rose quartz and a sigil for love and empathy, because they had a hard time understanding and feeling those things. I suggested it, because i knew i could enchant it properly and hopefully it would help. But now i'm afraid that if it works, they'll end up together again. What if my enchantment fails later and then my friend is stuck back in a bad relationship? It'll take them ages to stop it again, by which time they'd be worse scarred.

So to accompany the rose quartz gift for friend's ex-partner, i have an extra rose quartz i want to use for a spell of self-love, so my friend will learn to love themself on not depend on others for affection. I don't know if i should just enchant the crystal, or use it in a bigger spell with other materials and such. Maybe a candle or potion? Or herb bag? I care about my friend a lot more than their ex does, so i really want this to work a long while for them.

Could anyone help with this? All suggestions are welcome.
"So basically, it's do your job or get vaporized?" -- Commander Shepard, Mass Effect 2
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: self-love spell for a friend?

Post by SpiritTalker »

"maintain a healthy self-image and balanced self respect for the highest good of all concerned" might be a wording safeguard and leave the universe some wiggle room. It's up to your friend to decide to wear or carry the charm. That allows them to choose to change, which prevents future recurrence of behaviors.

It's better to work with the flow and current of their self will rather than to attempt to pound an unenforceable square peg into a round hole.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

If you friend is willing to take on the rose quartz perhaps they would like to be involved in the enchanting portion?
As for the ex, they are on their own. In fact a protection spell for the friend may be in order, exes (or anyone) that lack empathy are not likely to ever grow an empathy gene. Its sad, but keep the friend focused on their recovery and self love healing and away from the ex. These sorts are very good at drawing the partner back into the quagmire.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kovyx

Post by Kovyx »

Taking what both of you said into consideration, i've gathered some items and am trying to organize the spell. Currently i have...

A pale pink candle for things the color pink is supposed to do, figured i'd be putting the spell on the candle and just letting it burn until it melts away? Or saving the candle and letting them burn it now and then, not sure if that'd be effective though
A small amount of storm water for an antidote against depression, and other stuff storm water does
Lavender for asperging, and to attract kind spirits because they like ghosts
Lamb's ear for protection against negativity and an emotional healing agent
A bamboo leaf for physical protection and luck
Rose quartz for self love and to enchant for them to wear as a charm
Adventurine to aid in decision making and being comfortable with oneself
And amethyst to soothe the mind and emotions, and to encourage deeper perception

I also thought of using some sunflower or cornflower petals, but i think i'd have to make a poultice out of them and i don't know how to do that, and i'm not sure their properties are appropriate anyway. I do also plan on using a white sage leaf in the rose quartz enchantment for the ex-partner, because i know it kills the ego and is good for grounding, but please tell me if that's wrong or there's something i may not know about.
More things i have that i could maybe potentially use for this are a red jasper, a couple white rose petals, a pinkish cultured pearl, a few tiny bivalve shells, some peppermint leaves, a big piece of selenite, a little amethyst cluster, some hemp cord?? and plenty of sigil making ability! Don't know what most of those do, they just seem possibly helpful, though i'd like to keep the spell rather simple because even though my friend will participate, they might be a bit too self-conscious/nervous for a detailed process.
"So basically, it's do your job or get vaporized?" -- Commander Shepard, Mass Effect 2
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

A tiny caution...enchanting 2 amulets in the same spell for two separated individuals might energetically link them back together. Since they are already separated, they ought to be two separate streams of energy so there's no overlap. So 2 separate spells, done different times but same week day is ok. Don't let yourself think in any terms of them as together, or it defeats your purpose to strengthen their independence in the separation. If ya get my drift.

I have no issues with your ingredients or reasons for using them, though I don't know allmtheir associations either. It's personal choice and meaning to the caster. And I think multiple runs are stronger than single shots. That can be done dif ways, depending on the type of candles... One 7-day jar candle each, or 7-individual 4" chimes each, or one 7-knob Or 7-sectioned dinner taper candle each. And who burns the candle? You or them? Which method works best for the user?

Return to “Love Spells”