Bringing Someone Back as a Friend

Questions and posts about love spells.
Yex

Bringing Someone Back as a Friend

Post by Yex »

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me construct a spell. The intention is as follows: There is someone that, long ago, I had strong romantic feelings for, and was semi-romantically involved with. I have not talked to her in many years. Now, I am in a fulfilling long term relationship. Though I no longer desire a romantic relationship with this person from my past, I wish that we could somehow connect again and become friends. This is someone that I once loved very much, and though the nature of that love has changed dramatically, I still love her, and I think that if I could somehow reach her, there might be some closure.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,
Yex
love is the whole and more than all
Dionysus

Re: Bringing Someone Back as a Friend

Post by Dionysus »

So, you just want to be friends?
You don't want to cross the line of friendship?
Am I understanding well?

Sometimes, doing a love spell work as bringing her\him as a close friends.
Many love spells ended with the results of only close friendship.
Blessed be!
New witch!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

My gut response is to say the typical: manipulation spells are still manipulative, even if they're not to bring any kind of negativity. You're still influencing someone else's life without their consent.

That being said, I've found that sometimes when we think about a person strongly and seemingly out of the blue it can be an indicator that you may bump into them soon again. Have you tried checking on facebook or otherwise using the normal routes of reconnection to achieve your goals?

Bear this in mind. Just because you're in a place where you want to reconnect, it doesn't mean they are. You can't know what's going on in their life now, if they're interested at all in reconnecting with old partners, if they're in a good place to be doing so, etc...

Anyway, my warnings aside, I'll bow out and let others bring their own opinions, advise and experience to the table.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Ok first ... The current relationship. You say it is fulfilling, but sometimes in relationships we want pieces of others. Does that make sense? It's like you feel you wish the current one had that aspect. ... I would suggest a shedding type spell. She'd the past so you can enjoy the now. Then take what you feel you want from that and try to work that into you current relationship. In other words, if you want more of a bff situation with the current one, work that ... If you want the openness you'd have with a close friend, work on that. Does that make sense?? Let me know what that piece is, and I'll continue to try to help if I can.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Sometimes we are in love with being in love. And sometimes an old love turns into a legend.
Becks

Post by Becks »

Hey Yex, I do agree with Vesca about having to be very careful with something like this.

That being said, I do think it's possible to do some work with provisions...that is to say you could word the work and shape the intent so that if it is in the best interest or this person...if it is for the "greatest good" (and friendship is what they'd would like as well) then perhaps your paths cross....if not then perhaps the energy could be used to bless and thank this person for what was shared between you.

In my experience we often do work for what we think is right...eg: healing....and like a member recently experienced on the board (and Snowcat pointed out) maybe the best use of that energy (that was recognized in the recipients spirit) was actually a peaceful passing on. We hope to effect change and who is to say what is right? Still, we can ask.....so I'm rambling but what I'm trying to say is that it's not unusual for me to send out something with a provision "for the greater good"...allowing the universe to decide what is best and to use my energy in the best way to the best outcome. I don't always have the sight to know what's best. I've interacted with you enough to get the sense you would never impose something that wouldn't be beneficial on a person.

When doing work I like to have a person's permission. I can't always have that in what I do, and I see a lot of folks in pain or difficulty. I work with a lot of youth, and it's improper to get all "witchy". Often I offer up a blessing of energy and a few words to the persons spirit to be used, or refused, in accordance with their divine autonomy and desire. Oh gosh. Does any of this make sense? *Becks rolls her eyes at herself*

I hope it all works out for you all.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

I don't think you need a spell for this (though the details are limited).

I think all you need to do is call/message her and see where the conversation leads.
Yex

Post by Yex »

Thanks Vesca and Becks, that's pretty solid advice. I didn't really think of the matter of consent, and it's probably best not to force the hand of fate.
mrsdavid1975 wrote:Ok first ... The current relationship. You say it is fulfilling, but sometimes in relationships we want pieces of others. Does that make sense? It's like you feel you wish the current one had that aspect. ... I would suggest a shedding type spell. She'd the past so you can enjoy the now. Then take what you feel you want from that and try to work that into you current relationship. In other words, if you want more of a bff situation with the current one, work that ... If you want the openness you'd have with a close friend, work on that. Does that make sense?? Let me know what that piece is, and I'll continue to try to help if I can.
This mindset seems to suggest that people are essentially interchangeable as long as they fit our particular needs. I prefer to think of people as individuals that I care about individually.
love is the whole and more than all
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have thought about trying to reconnect with a former love. I know where he lives, and could easily contact him. I decided my best option is to continue to wish all the best for him, while keeping my distance.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Love Spells”