Spell for Moving on from a Relationship

Questions and posts about love spells.
Sakura Blossom

Re: Need help with a spell

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Honestly, I wouldn't do anything if you're not used to working magick. Would you mind sharing why you think you need a spell? Unfortunately in life, there are many things we wish we could do faster but we just can't. ): Magick work doesn't always help, and if it does, it's usually not in the way you'd expect.

I would suggest some non-magickal alternatives first, such as spending time with friends and focusing on yoruself and doing things that will make you feel better. (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

@ Hali Anna, in my opinion, there's no silver bullet for just moving on. Like all psychic and emotional healing, you need to process all of your emotions first. Feel all the things you need to feel, and only then can you move on. If you were going to use a spell*, some suggestions for magical intent might include:

-- To be kind and compassionate to yourself and others during the healing process
-- To see clearly (perhaps so you can identify whatever is keeping you from moving on)
-- To open yourself to love again
-- To release a relationship that no longer serves either of you with love (sort of a "good bye" ceremony)

etc.

Moving on is a complex process that takes years and years; as you said, a spell can only "jump start" the process. And as Sakura says, you might be surprised by the kinds of things that help heal you.

* I believe every spell has a unique set of circumstances and needs, so I don't have a "one-size fits all" spell/ritual to give you
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

I agree. But if you do want to make it easier try a courage spell just to make it easier on you.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

A courage spell might be helpful, as Noah suggested. Mostly it's time and taking care of yourself that really works.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

And don't forget the threefold law
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

I'm sorry if this comes off as snippy or snotty or something but I just wanted to mention that there are many witches who don't follow the threefold law, because as far as I'm aware it's mainly just a part of Wicca, the same way that 'and ye harm none" is
So again, sorry if this sounded sort of rude I just sort of felt the need to say that not all people believe in the threefold law

And also, some advice for Hali...
I think that while magic is an easy solution to a lot of problems, it really isn't always the best. There are some things you need to learn to do on your own, and those are some very important lessons. Also... magic is unpredictable a lot of the time and to be honest in my experience, when I did something that wasn't strictly needed, I just ended up in a different mess. I myself don't really believe the threefold law, but that doesn't mean that I don't accept that sometimes magic will get sassy and/or bite you in the butt. While that isn't for sure what will happen to you, I still think that you should at least really sit down and think about why you feel like you can't just get through this without an extra aide.

Although if you're still dedicated to using spellwork to move on more quickly or easier, my advice is to honestly just follow your instincts as closely as you can and also find what feels the most comfortable to you- some people like simple knot magic, some like candle spells, some like spell jars, some like written spells, etcetera, etcetera. There's a huge host of options that are available to you. Do some research before you actually go on and try to tackle actually performing something. I think that that might help it work out a bit better for you.
Good luck!
(And also a quick note- If there's anything inaccurate in this post, please just let me know so I can fix it. I still count myself as a beginner and I might be wrong on a few notes)
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Hali, as Sakura mentioned - if you're not familiar with spellwork it's probably best for you to try to cope with the situation using non-magickal methods first. If you can honestly say that you've tried everything you could think of and it didn't help then you can try spellwork. But keep in mind that if you want the results to satisfy your needs you need to put some thought into it and find out what is your true intention. Intention is what makes the spells work and I can't stress enough how important it is to know what you really want the outcome to be. Is it to feel better about yourself, to ease the emotional pain, to move on, to boost your self-esteem or change the way you perceive the whole situation? If you're honest with yourself you will find the true intention and at that point you can rethink it and decide if you really need spellwork for that or if your need could be satisfied more efficiently in another way.

Anyway, I seriously think that the best method (if non-magickal methods fail!) to deal with this kind of things is cord-cutting which basically allows you to let go of any unhealthy connections you still have with that person on an emotional level. It can be done through meditation, visualisation, poppet work etc.

dreamcatcher wrote:I'm sorry if this comes off as snippy or snotty or something but I just wanted to mention that there are many witches who don't follow the threefold law, because as far as I'm aware it's mainly just a part of Wicca, the same way that 'and ye harm none" is
So again, sorry if this sounded sort of rude I just sort of felt the need to say that not all people believe in the threefold law
No need to be sorry - it's important to remind from time to time that not every witch is a Wiccan. There were "traditional witches" before Wicca appeared, and I think it's safe to say that there's probably more witches following the Old Ways than Wiccans following the Rede and the three-fold law.
kolulu1000

Post by kolulu1000 »

. Figured out how to start a new thread. For my question. Ty
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think a number of variations of the three fold law exist. In layman's parlance, "What goes around, comes around." It's the same idea, just phrased less delicately.

As far as spell work, small spells asking for things like guidance and clarity for one's self, are typically benign and beneficial. It's a good way to ease into spell work.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I think in regards to moving on in this situation, magick may not be the answer fully. What I mean is you need to get in touch with yourself. Think of what you want, want to work on to better yourself. In regards to using magick, I suggest meditating to release any negative energies. If a move is involved, try saging the house or even crushing some chamomile and sprinkling it around the perimeters of the house works too. Getting over somebody takes time, time does heal all wounds, not sure of the specifics of the break up and its none of my business but even if you think you didnt do any wrong you may still need to forgive yourself in order for allowing your heart to heal and in letting go of him. Go out with friends, talk to people all this helps in letting go of someone. I have been there a couple of times so I do understand. Blessed Be.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

dreamcatcher wrote:I'm sorry if this comes off as snippy or snotty or something but I just wanted to mention that there are many witches who don't follow the threefold law, because as far as I'm aware it's mainly just a part of Wicca, the same way that 'and ye harm none" is

And also, some advice for Hali...
I think that while magic is an easy solution to a lot of problems, it really isn't always the best. There are some things you need to learn to do on your own, and those are some very important lessons. Also... magic is unpredictable a lot of the time and to be honest in my experience, when I did something that wasn't strictly needed, I just ended up in a different mess. I myself don't really believe the threefold law, but that doesn't mean that I don't accept that sometimes magic will get sassy and/or bite you in the butt. While that isn't for sure what will happen to you, I still think that you should at least really sit down and think about why you feel like you can't just get through this without an extra aide.

Although if you're still dedicated to using spellwork to move on more quickly or easier, my advice is to honestly just follow your instincts as closely as you can and also find what feels the most comfortable to you- some people like simple knot magic, some like candle spells, some like spell jars, some like written spells, etcetera, etcetera. There's a huge host of options that are available to you. Do some research before you actually go on and try to tackle actually performing something. I think that that might help it work out a bit better for you.
Good luck!
(And also a quick note- If there's anything inaccurate in this post, please just let me know so I can fix it. I still count myself as a beginner and I might be wrong on a few notes)
yeah, sorry. I forget sometimes. But either way, I'm pretty sure most religions have some form of it.

Return to “Love Spells”