Do love spells work?

Questions and posts about love spells.
valerian moon

Re: Do love spells work?

Post by valerian moon »

Bijou wrote:: what am I to do now? Should I cast a love spell too or a spell-breaking one? What should I do?
a spell breaking spell. Or perhaps a curse breaking spell, because that seems pretty cursey to me.
battle of the witches.
good vs crazy.
who
will
win
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
dreadedpsychopomp

Post by dreadedpsychopomp »

Bijou wrote:I've read all the above stated but my situation is somewhat different. I'm 24 and been studying witchcraft for 12-13 years. I never agreed to love spells done on a specific person but I have found myself in a peculiar situation.
I met someone, years ago, we were children, we grew up, we fell madly in love when we met again, had the perfect match, we were about to get married when his ex-girlfriend (an obsessed freak) came in. I know for sure she did cast a love spell on him. The fact is the love spell was either very powerful or she is a great witch maybe more experienced than I am. However, the spell had and keeps having devastating effects. The guy broke up with me, turned back to her but kept calling me, telling me that he was unhappy but drawn to her by a weird feeling, despite having no moral or physical attraction. He managed to break up with her, come back to me and guess what, she did it again. Now, we are both in deep emotional pain, he is cheating on her with me, I can't tell him that she cast the spell although I have proof, because he doesn't believe in such things nor does he want to. Now, this is both an example of how a love spell can have devastating effects on more than one person and this leaves only one question: what am I to do now? Should I cast a love spell too or a spell-breaking one? What should I do?
I haven't read any other replies yet so if I say something that's already covered, bare with me please.

First of all, that sounds terrible. You both have my sympathy.

Next, what proof do you have? If you have a physical focus that she's used, you just struck gold. She might have set it up for her use, but she also created a portal straight to her own energy that is specifically kept open. You can use that for anything.

I would suggest doing an Uncrossing on both you and your man. He doesn't need more mind altering magic cast on him, he needs to be free of the confusion and compulsion that he has happening. In addition to the Uncrossings, do workings to promote clarity, protection, and truth.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
Jonjonsalinas_

Post by Jonjonsalinas_ »

Yes, I have done a couple love spells before. I don't look at it as "HA HA HA you will love me and marry me!" Like the stereotype of a witch :p instead, I have a few charms,potions, and chants for attracting love into ones life. None of these specify bringing a lover into the persons life, only to bring love :) I personally have not used it for myself but a few friends that felt in need of some love asked for the spells so I did it for them. Results ended up being better family relationships, better friendships, less loneliness - all positive stuff.

IMO, this is what love spells are meant for - benefiting others for the good of the world. Although I can't really say that using a love spell to steal someone's boyfriend/girlfriend is very.... smart. In the end, you only hurt yourself and look like the desperate one (but that's just me). Love is like a seed, if we witches don't water the seeds of love, how does anyone expect to have any in their lives?
Bright blessings,
Jonathon
TheGirlOfSecrets

Post by TheGirlOfSecrets »

Wanting to know if love spells work is one of the most commonly asked questions. Love spells are trickier than most because they directly involve another person as well as a range of strong emotions. The main problem is that people cast love spells that are not realistic, hoping to have someone who has no feelings towards them at all sudden fall passionately in love. You will have better luck if you are trying to influence something that is already forming, or to help improve what is already there. Whatever specific spell you are doing, make sure to take the time to do it right. So as long as you are not trying to move mountains and are genuinely putting out the proper effort and attention with your love spells, then they definitely should work.

I'm actually contemplating whether to do a love spell... Good luck!
I am always never not broken.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

I've read your replies and I need to thank you very much for your kind answers!
I have done my share of research on the matter and I'm pretty positive I'm not going to fight. I don't want to interfere and maybe make things worse. Maybe this is fate. Maybe it's just meant to be that she would cast spells on him and bend his will. I would be much rather interest in a spell on how to forget someone.
I'm not Wiccan nor do I go by the Rede but I sure would have my doubts about his feelings for me, had I done something in that direction. Besides the first spell she cast on him was with his approval (I just found out), so I'm doubting his honesty as well. A friend of mine, a witch as well, advised me to cast a love spell too but that is completely out of discussion. As I've said, I'm interested in a spell to forget someone:)
Sarraqa

Following from a couple of friends' pos Re: Do love spells w

Post by Sarraqa »

I always find love spells to be tricky, like those movies with genie that Twists The wishes. They may work but not how you wanted or expected, they backfire, they may not work at all and I do believe it for a reason they do that. Like a animal may try to show you how to properly treat it.
There's typically two ways people always see love spells. Either think it's a horrid idea or a good opportunity. Both sides are understandable. But I think it's mostly just a matter of being more specific and not asking or expecting too much.
For example if I were to decide to do one right now I might ask to bring a love that is just right for me and love of their own will. Just for a basic, easy going and workable spell. It can be changed, added to to and such for however you want it.
For people who want a specific person I would just ask that if they could be a possibility let it be so. If it isn't then it just has to be. Recourse it is hard but sometimes the right thing.
These are just my thoughts. And they're a little simple because I have a hard time typing on mobile but the point is there.
Again, simply just don't ask and expect too much and be specific and be happy with any result because it is likely the right one. Sometimes you need a friend, the person isn't right for you, there's a better plan or whatever it may.
The main thing here is simply I think love spells are fine, but like mankind of power you just to use it the right way. You can bring a horse to water but you cannot force it to drink. Or if you can it doesn't mean he won't stomp your foot. Let him be. ;P
North Star

Post by North Star »

Sure it can work, when done correctly and wisely, with no extreme expectations. I think even more importantly is when it is directed at someone who shares the attraction and affection. Not one sided crushes, for example.

I like how Laurie Cabot explains it...

'The goal of many love spells is broader than simply influencing another person to fall in love with you. Some spells merge your consciousness with another's so he or she can infuence you as well. Then with greater mutual cooperation and understanding, the two of you become one on a psychic level where it is easier to fall in love, heal and protect each other....' .

'When done correctly, love magick can help that natural attraction along, strengthen it, make it more satisfying and productive.'

smileylove
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

I like the Laurie Cabot quote, North Star.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
melania sechelle

Post by melania sechelle »

Clarissa....probably love spells do work.
But would you, really, do it? I think the real power is knowing when to hold yourself from using the power you have.
By asking this question you answered yourself. You already know the answer, you already know it is wrong to manipulate people's feelings or free will. Have the courage to say it to yourself, even if this hurts.
More than this, one of my rules is to put myself in the other one's shoes. Would you like this to be done to you? To be denied your freedom?
I was tempted to do love spells, but I always refused. Even when my heart ached. Sometimes it is better to let fate work by itself. I will never, under any circumstance, act upon the free will or the feelings of anyone. Neither would you.
May you dwell in light always.
creatrix

Post by creatrix »

I like the love spells in the book The Mysteries of Isis by DeTraci Regula. On page 79 there is a prayer for unrequited love and I dig it because it includes "if my attention is not welcomed by -------, Let my heart release all desire for (him/her)" so it isn't controlling the person. There's also a love spell that is pretty good, it worked for a friend, and it does not specify a specific person. It is to draw the type of love you want.
seidkonacat

Post by seidkonacat »

I did a ritual once to make someone stop loving me, because I didn't (and could never) love them back. I tried to create the spell so as to direct their romantic energies toward someone more receptive and better suited to the than me, instead of trying to just mess with someone's feelings. I think actual love spells can work, but only against someone who is unprotected against such interference. Also, the ethics of interfering with another person's feelings is questionable.
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

An ex. put a love/lust spell on me once and I found out later and totally resented it. If you don't want it done to yourself I wouldn't do it to others.
Even if the other consents and its a romantic relationship, somehow I would feel like the other person doesn't really love me, that its the spell. Then it would be like programming a love toy: fun, but empty with no real emotions.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
lokartyrsonn

Post by lokartyrsonn »

intention is the best key for success, where one could do a LOVE spell and risk it coming to negatively,. i suggest the KNOT TYING spell with intention of bringing the person close to you and developing what there is between your two fates,.,. in perfect love and perfect trust, lokar
Spirit Caller

Post by Spirit Caller »

There are MANY love spells, i tried once one but it didn't work. It was a kiss spell! It was not forcing the other to love me and you know not in her will!! The once that force the other to love are very powerful and very dangerous, so if U wanna try sth like that U better know how to reverse the spell after! Good luck! :)
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

I agree. I do not feel comfortable doing "love" spells, I feel really shady trying to influence people's free will like that.

On the other hand, love spells aimed at the caster are okay. For example, if I did a spell to bring love to myself, I would have no problem with that.

~Story Time:

When I was younger, and kind of a fluffy witch, I really liked a guy but I was too shy to say anything. I had always been hoping he'd make the first move, but he seemed to ignore me all the time. I had this bright idea (sarcasm intended) to perform a love spell on him so that he may see me as I see him.

The very day following the spell, he admitted to me, in person, that he found me very beautiful and intelligent and perhaps sometime in the future, we might get together.

I was amazed at the quickness and potency of my spell, but I was immediately filled with dread. I knew that messing with free will was bad. I knew that before I did the spell, but ignored my gut feeling and did it anyway. (Bad idea. Please always listen to your gut feelings.)

I thanked him for his compliments, but as soon as I got home, I was scrambling desperately to come up with some kind of a freeing spell. I did some candle magic. Although I don't remember all of the spell I used (I make stuff up on the fly), I remember one line- "Release him, he did not ask for this; Release him from my selfish and cruel bindings."

I was in a panic (and bit of self-loathing), but I was lucky enough that the spell worked. He resumed his casual disinterest towards me. (As much as that hurt me then, I couldn't bear to have him under the effects of a spell.)

Anyway, morals of story:
•Don't mess with free will.
•Don't play around with love spells.
•If by chance you do perform a love spell, try to break it.
•Listen to your gut instincts.

~Falcon

Return to “Love Spells”