How do you want to die?

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

If I were to choose my manner of death, it would be (when I have outlived my usefulness... although some people may think that is now hehe)I would roll my wheelchair to the end of a pier, take a whole bottle of sleeping pills and chase them with a bottle of my favorite wine. Then as I slipped into unconsciousness, I would fall from the chair into the water and wake up in the Goddess' arms.....
but if I have to choose from the list, make mine being shot.....
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
Ice_Witch

Post by Ice_Witch »

Hmm...

Water, you know you're going to drown, so instinct kicks in to try and save you and you die in fear... :( (I think so anyways)

Fire seems too painfull, but who knows, maybe after burning a bit your nerves would stop working :shock: (I saw this on a series of crime investigations... Im not sure if it was CSI)

Shot, I don't like blood, (and yet I want to be a doctor T.T ) But then again you wouldn't actually see it for too long... :?

Falling from a height... nah, I'm scared of heights. But maybe it could be fun, I mean, you know you're going to die, but the butterflies in your stomach would probably make it fun. I my self can't stop laughing when I'm on a roller coaster... :lol:

I DON'T CHOOSE ANY ON THE LIST, I WILL BECOME IMORTAL AND LIVE ON! MWAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:

At least until I get bored of the solitude and try to find a way to end my 'life'. :roll:
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

I can always see myself dying by defending others. I know everyone wants to be a hero, but I mean it. I written several short stories on such matters. A warriors death, sweat dripping, eyes blazing with passion, and a quick breath out, my last. Eyes glaze over as my fists fall to my sides, legs abandoning me, and seeing over my foes shoulder, Odin nodding with a smile crossing the old man's lips. *sigh*

Other then that, ill go with shot, cause its uber possible and more likely to happen to me. I wouldn't even care if I took a while to die either.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

I'm going to die by my own hand. That's the way my kind go :D

From the list I would choose 2, the others seem kinda damaging and as much as I can't stand humanity I still find myself attatched to my body.
ATraveller
Banned Member

Post by ATraveller »

I'd swim out to Sea and let her embrace me when my strength gave out.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Water, you know you're going to drown, so instinct kicks in to try and save you and you die in fear... Sad (I think so anyways)
I guess "die of fear" is a good description for shock. Shock can shut down the system and you suffocate or insufficient blood to the brain. The latter can involve a series of strokes before the end,.. so really not good if you want to change your mind about it.

That doesn't always happen. You sometimes just get too tired to hold your head above water and you die slowly of suffocation. In some cases people get so scared they start eating the skin inside their mouths in sheer terror. Not my kind of way to go.

Shock is more likely to become a factor if the waters are under 20 degrees farenheit.

I'm reminded of a dorthy parker poem:

Razors pain you, poisons stain you, nooses give... you may as well live.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

thats assuming death by water means drowing ... could drink poisoned water, could get crushed by a tidal waves ... so many possibilities
Tymar

Post by Tymar »

After a few near death experiences, and choosing to stay in this reality.
im not sure which way i would go.

i know there is something after this life yet i dont like the idea of pain in general seeing that a car crash has caused most of it.

So i dont really want to die in a car crash. yet if its going to be anything i want it to be fast no pain.
So falling from a height would be too stressful on the way down.
I have had a strange incident while swimming once, it happened while i was swimming a race, I just sank to the bottom for no reason, no struggle.
So if its peaceful like that i pick water.
Dont like guns at all but if it wasn’t something i saw coming i guess being shot.
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

I would like to die peacefully in my sleep like my great Aunt Martha did... not screaming in terror like the passengers that were in her car when it happened. Hee hee.

I saw both Final Destination movies. *L* Actually, I would not mind going quickly and unexpectedly like that girl that walked in front of the bus. The splat is pretty gory but that whole situation appeals to my dark humor, especially telling them in famous last words what they could kiss.

In any case, right now, I'd hope it would be an accidental death because that is the only insurance I have now. No life insurance so the accidental death benefits would help my husband and baby. Plus whatever I owe on my credit cards would be wiped because they are under my name and insured in the case of my death. I'd like to know when my accidental death would happen, so I could max out those cards in my last merry moments and even make cash withdrawals so my family would have a few extra dollars with that, the accidental death insurance money, and social security benefits. Is there a spell that could arrange this and make this happen? *L* Dark morbid humor again.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I would choose fire even if i didn't die from the smoke, when else would you feel that much pain, hoplessness, fear, ect. ect. i belive it would be very spiritual.

Death is only the beginning......so yes i am ok with dying.

as for my body bury it just in case the whole dead will rise and devour the living" thing is true i want to be apart of that.
Fie

Post by Fie »

Smiling =)

No If I could choose how i'd die, I'd want to die saving the people I love or fighting for what I believe in. Or even just happy, off in the beautiful country growing old and knowing peacefully that soon I can start a new life.

I want to be cremated, I want some of my ashes to go to the ocean, some to where I was born, some to the place I end up living, but mostly back to the land. It would be so grand to be scattered across the emerald hills of Ireland.

I want people to be happy at my funeral, not like 'yay she's dead!" but like not depressed about it ya know? Maybe i'll have a fireworks show at my funeral x3 Just for kicks. "Go out with a bang"
[i][color=spirit]It may be that no life is found,
Which only to one engine bound
Falls off, but cycles always round.
ALFRED TENNYSON, The Two Voices[/i][/color]

Can you hear the coyotes yipping?
They are having a good time.
Teasing the shadows.

[url=http://dragcave.net/user/Fie-kun][img]http://incubators.dragcave.net/incubator_Fie-kun.png[/img][/url]
martinsrusell

Post by martinsrusell »

I choose to die in my home because I wouldn't have to worry for nurses and doctors injecting stuff in me and making me die there at the hospital or nursing home because I think they did that to my grandpa when he was I guess dying, but he looked fine to me but oh well, that's life, I wasn't that close to him anyways. So I wanna die at home in bed and be surrounded by loved ones.
.xAlyssa.

Post by .xAlyssa. »

I'm really afraid of dying. I'm scared of what's going to happen next... I've been in near death situations and it's pretty scary... But If I would *have* to die right at this moment, it would be while savin/helping someone. I often dream of that happening and I'm some-what okay with it. I would hate to die while sufficating, drowning or in a fire. I hate it when I can't breath properly and I start freaking out and it just makes it worse(I have asthma -___-). I wouldn't like to die while jumping from somewhere with a great great big height I'd probably have a heart attack or something while I'm falling because I'm scared of heights if its somewhat too heigh.. Being shot would just be sad and so would be the car accident... I really don't know.. Maybe in my sleep would be okay I guess.
-Alyssa.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I am very opposite of xAlyssa. I am unafraid of death, as I believe its time for the soul to rest before moving on to its next incarnation.

As for ways that I would like to die, it is not up to me. Just nothing slow and painful would be fine with me.
Taz

Post by Taz »

How di I want to die? With an open heart and mind, the details matter not.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”