Life and death quality

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
SapphireRoad

Life and death quality

Post by SapphireRoad »

One of things that enhances our fear of death is the idea that we are supposed to have a long span of about 80 years. Now think of how you thought so to be of importance in past - it appeared to be important to have high number of lovers, high number of friends… things that don’t turn out to be that important for most people later on. As we mature into quality instead of quantity, how about us embracing the life and death question the same way?
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
ThunderFog

Re: Life and death quality

Post by ThunderFog »

I don't know I spent most of my life expecting that I could die at any moment even at a young age not sure exactly how long though. Before that I didn't think about death so I didn't care. Now I have an idea what to expect after I die but I still fear death to a degree because of personal uncertainty. I think I'd be more comfortable if I ever succeeded in astral projection but I havent really made progress in that.
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

You are on the right track ThunderFog. I think if you could access astral projection you would see that there is something beyond this plane. Most do it when they sleep but it can be mastered in the waking. I'm more afraid of pain being involved, but I know I am of electrical nature and will morph into my new self when this life is over.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

I am afraid of quote from Castaneda's book "This fight will, by the way, never end," meaning that even if you had some rejoice after death, such as Elysium, you'd wind up bored and throw yourself once again in a s**t like this for new experience.
Either that, or be pushed into similar experience via tyranny of stronger being. One never knows what lies in worlds even if they exist for sure.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

What we “have” and what we “are” make up the difference of what’s important. Once someone figures out that having “a high number of friends or lovers” is an illusion then they’re waking up to what is real. Embracing reality determines quality of life and death.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

ST yes, if expect life to run by desired template we get sorrow and illusion.
If we perceive reality as it is we can enjoy flexibility of adapting to real environment.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”