2019 - Review

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
blue_moon

2019 - Review

Post by blue_moon »

Do you review your years? Sometimes I think we don't honor the good things enough.
I used to write a little review on the last page of my calendar when I was a teen.

How was your 2019??
What comes to your mind first?

Last year was terrible for my family and me, we were Intimidated by a familymember, had to give up our home and lived in fear. Thinking of it hurts. I lost my father, my childhood home, feels I lost my origin.

Actually I shed free from an abusive parent FINALLY! I will be forty this year and am finally free. (I always came back and picked up contact for my Dad).

My husband got a new job, his dream job! We get to spend more family time for the same amount of money. I git a nice car and don't have to worry about anything. We moved into a nice place! (I used to drive by this house thinking how I'd love to live here) turns out the school is good as well! My boys have nice teachers, caring and fair.

I get to start into a new life. What a gift!

Its all about perspective, isn't it?
BB

Blue Moon
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: 2019 - Review

Post by SpiritTalker »

Wow! Super fantanstic for you!
:D
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ooo, last year was a healing year in a way. The first year I have been virus free since I was18, that is huge for me and it feels like learning everything all over again.
on the downside I lost my brother, my Uncle and the cat Pumpkin who had been convalescing for over a year.
I'm not real good at review, it requires a bit of recall comprehension, which is hard for me, Just had to type the coven report for last year, oi!... the things I forgot :roll: Good thing I have a proofreader who was there!
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

That's the point. Looking back and seeing things that were in the right light is super hard.
It night seem profane - but taking a closer look can show you the lessons you're learned and your development wich gives you a clearer focus in return.

Who has the courage to try?
BB

Blue Moon
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Kind of like blue_moon's.

Was a long year full of ups and downs and also of some of my routine repetitions and also of dull repetition of recurring patterns I hate so much in this world.
I guess having a sound work life is more important than having a sound love life so my struggle with these things especially in the conditions we were put into is quite a challenge, if one wishes to keep life well balanced and also keep money...
Next Chinese year ought to be a Rat's year which is said to be a good year for a Goatboy like me (any hint on where to watch Jim Breuer's Remember the 80s?) thus I'm looking forward to January 25th and the year to come.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
barker

Post by barker »

I was digging to China.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

barker wrote:I was digging to China.
except you would have landed in the Atlantic ocean :surprisedwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
tourennatrix

Post by tourennatrix »

It's *so* easy to fall into the trap of just seeing the negatives of the year... After the "dumpster fire" memes going around for the last 3+ years... But for me the challenge is more that I have a really bad concept of time!

In 2019 I moved into a house with some acquaintances to save on rent, which has been a mixed bag- I have to deal with other people being around all the time, and about the time I moved correlates pretty closely with when I started struggling more in classes, BUT I am forced to be at least a little social, I'm saving money, I don't have to do 100% of the chores...

I set up my altar, and actually used it for the better part of the year. For a while I even had a dedicated morning practice. I am hoping this will return to me as the sun comes back.

Probably the biggest "good thing" that happened this year was my own personal growth (in depression, anxiety, reconciling my feelings after a completely amicable divorce, finding myself amidst the schoolwork), inching along at a snail's pace. It is hard to pinpoint any distinct steps, but I know it has happened, because my therapist points it out to me. Frequently.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”