Excited - meeting other Witches tonight

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
Tylluan

Excited - meeting other Witches tonight

Post by Tylluan »

I'm very excited that tonight I'm meeting up with two other Witches local to me. We are going out for a drink and a chat. Though I've spoken to many witches over the years I've never spoken face to face to another witch. Sad isn't it?! It's always been online or on the phone.

I have no idea where to begin, what we'll talk about, if we'll have even vaguely the same kind of practise/path etc but it's exciting nonetheless.

Just thought I'd share that haha. We are meeting in a public place and I've told my husband all about it just in case I disappear......I won't, they seem really nice.

xx
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
T'a Nuk

Re: Excited - meeting other Witches tonight

Post by T'a Nuk »

...beside the hearth witches three,
root, fruit, leaf and tree
...the moon, the stars and a cat to ponder,
Will magick rise, I shouldn't wonder...
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

You'll do fine, I'm excited for you!
That would be really cool if you guys hit it off and it becomes a little something more :fairy:
do keep us updated!
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Juniper

Post by Juniper »

That's one thing I really miss around here, being with a group. It helps to have people of like minds and beliefs to share experiences with and talk about things . Here in the good old bible belt it's very hard to find people who believe or at least listen and let you talk about your beliefs without bashing and trying to save your soul. I meet lots of like minded people in my travels but then poof they're gone! On to the next town. I hope you have a great time and wish you the best!
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

T'a Nuk wrote:...beside the hearth witches three,
That is fantastic! Is that one of your own? I absolutely love it.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

Thanks all :D Well it was really good and interesting. Juniper, I've had the same struggle. Its a VERY Christian town and even Halloween has been frowned upon. We have two esoteric shops, but they are only allowed in the street where the 'novelty' shops are. We get summer Tourists, as its a really old historical town, and these shops are considered 'Tourist' shops. Sad really.

Anyway it was interesting. I left the house, realised I'd forgotten my purse and had to go back for it. Went back, and just as I was leaving the heavens opened and it chucked it down with rain. Then I had a stone in my shoe, and honestly I started having doubts, like perhaps my spirits don't want me to meet them?! I told myself I was being silly and carried on. When we met up the rain stopped literally as soon as we got inside the pub. We all said hello and they are huggers, so we had a welcome hug (I don't mind, but I don't normally hug strangers haha).

Then we had a chat about our paths etc. They are both part of formal groups and do high magic, in that they do a lot of ritual, but they don't seem to do my kind of everyday, like everyday charms and household magic. I object to the terms 'High and Low' magic, I was taught that there isn't a hierarchy in magic, just intent and will, but that's just me. One lady is dedicated to a deity as part of a lifelong union, and the other lady works with whoever comes along, but feels guilt to the deities before. I was so interesting, and they clearly felt 'proper' belonging to a formal group. I am not dissing formal groups AT ALL, but they did seem to lack a spontaneity. Its very planned and I wonder how that works if you just aren't in the mood for that topic? For me I work with emotion and the year around me. Its very of the moment. It will be a good combination I think. I'll learn to put more thought into anything I need to plan for, and they will perhaps learn to go with their feelings a bit more and not worry if its not a Tuesday, and they don't have the colour red, and Mercury is in retrograde etc etc

We have all said it would be great to meet up again. We'll see if that happens.

:flyingwitch: :flyingwitch: :flyingwitch:
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Awesome to hear you braved the storm and went out ;)
I’ve always found, when meeting other practitioners in person, there is always a short bout with uncertainty. Will they like me? Are they going to be crazy? Are they going to think I’m crazy? Lol

But oh well. Friends are better if they’re not copies of ourselves and have their own perspectives haha.

Did you three talk about mundane stuff as well, or was it all magickal?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have encountered other practitioners who frown on my way of doing things, and insist that one cannot be a witch, without being formally initiated by a coven. I'm solitary, not Wiccan, and I practice magic. My deities change as i continue on my path. It doesn't make my path any less valid.
Daughter of Sekhmet
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

Tylluan wrote:
T'a Nuk wrote:...beside the hearth witches three,
That is fantastic! Is that one of your own? I absolutely love it.
I composed it, but you can have it.
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

corvidus wrote:Did you three talk about mundane stuff as well, or was it all magickal?
There was a little mundane talk, like they have both moved into the area, so we were chatting about that. Also children, pets and family. But mainly it was magickal :)
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

SnowCat wrote:I have encountered other practitioners who frown on my way of doing things, and insist that one cannot be a witch, without being formally initiated by a coven. I'm solitary, not Wiccan, and I practice magic. My deities change as i continue on my path. It doesn't make my path any less valid.
Yes, exactly. If anything you will learn sooo much more from doing that. I'm a solitary heredity Kitchen/Hearth Witch in the main. My family taught me in the beginning and I've taught myself from then on. I 'do' more in a week than these ladies do in a month, and yet my low magick isn't counted as highly haha. I said my path isn't unofficial. I didn't initiate myself, I was initiated by the Moon and by the four elements. I was drawn to my path. I didn't have some bloke or woman read manmade text and tell me I was initiated. Witches from years ago didn't need it and either do I. Most often they hid out in Villages and kept to themselves for fear of being found. A witch would 'know' another Witch and be happy with that.

xx
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

Bravo Sister! Approval of others is not a requirement.
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

T'a Nuk wrote:Bravo Sister! Approval of others is not a requirement.
Thank you. I do want to add that I truly respect people who do go down that line. I just would like the same respect back for the courage and learning it takes to go it alone. Us solitary Practitioners rock :fairy:
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

And you have it from those who matter. Those who love the Craft, those who can appreciate what it takes.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”