Pumpkin

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pumpkin

Post by Firebird »

[EDIT... this thread was moved after she passed]

Our last cat a female orange tabby named Pumpkin went missing tonight,
I was just locking up for the night and cannot locate her, drove around the block a few times and put a note up on the pole outside, I don't want to loose myself in grief, she went missing for 12 days once, when she showed up her mandible was broken in half right at the chin. This time I have a bad feeling some one may have taken her, she hasn't been wearing her collar for several days after the flea treatment. Now, it has been quite warm and she used to stay out all night on the front porch, but since all the other cats passed away last year, she has stuck close to home, and in fact had gotten quite friendly. That's 7 months she hasn't gone out side all night. Even if she is outside she answers when I call. She answers whenever you call, she may not come, but she lets you know she hears ya.

Please let her be safe, let her return by morning. Goddess guide her home
Pumpkin Little, female aprox 15 years old
Pumpkin Little, female aprox 15 years old
Last edited by Firebird on Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: from prayers to this forum
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Heartsong

Re: Pumpkin

Post by Heartsong »

Praying for Pumpkin and you, FF. I hope she gets home safe and sound!
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I hope she finds her way home, ff.
Sending some good energy her way.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thanks you two, I really appreciate it :D I feel a little foolish getting so worried.
She was in the house this a.m.around 5, so I went back to bed, don't have clue where she could have been hiding, because I thought I looked everywhere, and it's really not like her to do that.
Maybe she knows I intended to take her to the vet today, I think she has a UTI or something, and that could be why she is being strange.
Again, thank you so much,
blessings, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Nah, it's not foolish at all. I mean I know how I freaked out when Mia got missing for whole 10 minutes (which she spent standing outside the door, waiting for someone to open it, because I just didn't see her go out), so I understand perfectly.
Just try not to imagine things - she's probably just out and about and will get home when she gets hungry.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Love and light to both of you.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Lainara

Post by Lainara »

She was found then? Love to you both. Pumpkin looks like an absolute sweet heart.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yeah, she was here in the morning, she was to go to the vet, think she was trying to get out of it :lol: anyway she went today, got a shot...owie
thank you sweet cat people, :D it was like having a lost child
bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Lainara

Post by Lainara »

My very fat, black cat, Dexter, got out once for 2 hours. I searched and searched. I decided to go home only to have him waiting on my porch with 3 black stray kittens. I fed the kittens and sent them on their way. Dexter has always been good about befriending other cats.hehe though I always fall apart when he does get out on the rare occasion. They are my children. He's without a doubt my best friend :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yeah it's a bit unnerving isn't it?
You're strong, I would have been tempted to wait and see if someone claimed the kittens...Dexter, what a good boy!
bb, ff
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Lainara

Post by Lainara »

In the neighborhood everyone fed them or let them in and out of their houses. We had such a stray problem in the area. I couldn't afford to take any of them to be neutered. I wonder how they are all doing.
I've been learning slowly cats will always go to the place they are happiest. I promised myself if Dexter ever got out and did not come back, he probably is somewhere happier, or someone needed him more. To which, who am I to hold him back?
Yet he always comes home.
I really see the love you have for pumpkin. She's a curious lil girl, but she knows where home is. :3 so happy she's home!
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Im glad Pumpkin came home! I know my cat got out of the house once and just about burned down the earth looking for him (He was in a tree, chewing my earbuds). Im happy for you!
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread on this or not. ...but

Pumpkin went to the vet yesterday she hadn't been eating well and was deficating in places that were not her box. Turns out she ruptured an anal gland and today she isn't eating or drinking at all. I was awake all night watching her not sleep. I'm really worried for her, she has to wear the cone of shame around her head so she won't lick her wound. They said she is in the early stages of kidney failure too. They gave me iv fluids for subcutaneous administration though this is for every 3rd day. I'm crying like a freaking baby, perhaps I should have had her put down, I hate that terminology, though I guess it sounds better that I have to kill my cat.
I removed the cone so she could eat and drink last night and this am but she is refusing everything.
Man this sucks.
Prayers please...
Thank you
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

May things turn out well for you and Pumpkin. I held the pain away from my last baby when she was 21 and went to the meadow in the summerlands were I had settled her sisters. I will send pain relief to your fur baby, Maybe that will help her want to eat and drink. I'll send some calm and support your way as well. I think you need it.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yea! She ate like a tablespoon of food mixed with water last night. I think the pain relief they injected her with on Friday really messed her up, she was twitching much of the day yesterday.
We had a pretty good night, I went to bed early, and she slept on her pillow at the foot of the bed. I woke maybe only 6 times to see how she was doing.
This a.m. she was a puring machine, she seemed content. I brought her to the box and she had success! She wasn't very interested in breakfast however, or water :( I try again after her antibiotics. The size of her wound is large maybe about as big as a half dollar coin. Looks really painful.
Thanks for healing energy :)
Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”