Crazy

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
poetry_princess

Crazy

Post by poetry_princess »

Hello. i used to post here alot. im not sure if anyone remembers me...but thought i would let the boards know whats been going on with me.

im kinda crazy...or so doctors tell me. i was diagnosed with bi polar disorder two years ago. and suddenly, my medication stopped working...so things started going bad. so, they put me on Effexor, which had no affect, just made my heart race.

so, no, im kinda sick of doctors...and im trying to deal with it un-medicated. im not sure if i believe some people really do need mental meds....i guess i will find out.

so, mostly im praying and meditating alot these days.

i hope to start posting alot more.

bright blessings
Blessed BE all the Children of Gaia

There Exist only 3 beings in the world worthy of regognition: the priest, the soldier, the poet. To know, to kill, to create.
Orion

Post by Orion »

That sounds.... not so fun.

I'm not much of a fan of doctors either, the ones around here are fairly crooked as I complained before around here. I pretty much never see doctors for anything and avoid any medicines, meh.

Have you ever looked into yoga? I tend to bounce around from hyperactive clepto to depressingly suicidal, meditation and yoga both helped me level out. You might have the same luck.

Blessings!
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Wow that is horrible. Yea probably the best thing is yoga. It helps in so many ways. Good luck.
sheherazade

Post by sheherazade »

you know what?
if you were diagnosed bi-polar,its very common that when youre feeling fine it seems youre better without meds.
the beginning feels like a new freedom....you are you once again.
& then it falls apart.
completely & horribly without you even knowing why.
i know of what i speak many times over.
its very very hard to find a decent dr. to treat bi-polar.most dr.s don't like to b/c its so hard to pinpoint & treat.
lithium happens to be a very good bi-polar med
effexor seems to be popular w/ alot of dr.s & alot use it for everything...
lamictal is also good.seroquel is another.
has anyone suggested these?it's worth looking into.
(& my mom said the same about yoga...it must be true!)
poetry_princess

i used to do yoga all the time. i was addicted to it. but, i never keep doing things. i got tired of it...went manic...went depressed. crazy cycles.

but, i've been wanting to start it up again, so i probably will.

yeah, lithium has been suggested...i would have to get my blood tested for something as not everyone can go on it.

thank you for all the advice.

brightest blessings

There Exist only 3 beings in the world worthy of regognition: the priest, the soldier, the poet. To know, to kill, to create.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Well it's good to see you back princess :D

I don't really have any advice for you, but I do want you to know that if you ever want to talk you can pm me.

hedge
sheherazade

Post by sheherazade »

after the initial testing for dosage levels you only have to be tested yearly.
i think you're young....trust me..its worth it for your sanity.
& yeah...eventually some drugs do stop working.
that's why its important to find a compassionate dr.
btw...most people find they need more than one drug(like a cocktail they call it)for the desired outcome.
i doubt your doc gave you his/her blessing to go off meds.
go back....talk to him.
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

I am sorry to hear of your troubles poetry princess.

This is a difficult situation where science and reason try to take over. I think that you are wise to try to deal with this in spiritual ways as well. I cannot suggest much as I am not an MD (medical doctor) but I am an md (mystical diviner). Some stones and crystals may help calm you and balance you: Malachite is a great balancer of heart and mind and lovely to look at and to hold. Yellow japser helps balance hormones. And, ametrine is a great balancing stone. If you carry these it may help a little. A stone is very old and wise and this long and stable wisdom can do wonders for your psyche. Also, meditation and openly asking the divine for as much help as possible is always a good idea (although I assume you do this already). I wish you luck and am glad that you are posting again. Blessings,

bsp
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Welcome back PoetryPrincess. I remember you. :) Sorry to hear about your Bi-Polor diagnosis. That really sucks. You are a teenager though, right? It's possible that normal teenage feelings and mood swings can be interpreted as a mental illness. I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder when I was 16 and it's supposed to be a lifetime illness, but I do not believe I have it anymore (if I ever did). I think it mainly had to do with the fact that I was an unstable teenager with an abusive boyfriend. So there is hope for you maybe. Maybe not, but try to stay positive and don't let the diagnosis become who you are if you can help it.

poetry_princess

No, im not a teenager. i still feel like one though. im actually 23 :)

Thank you for all the advice, I really do appreciate it. I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm feeling alot more like myself today, I always get myself back eventually.....

I just HATE drugs. grrrr. I'm thinking of going to the mental health center tommorrow. My dad says I should and he thinks psychology is a bunch of BS.

I have some of those stones you mention, I will give them a try. :)

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Your Dad thinks psychology is BS, but he wants you to go to the mental health center? I don't get it. Don't check yourself in, if that's what you're thinking. I hope it's not an inpatient hospital. That would suck. Don't ever check yourself in unless you are really suicidal or dangerous because you'll regret it later in life when you are filling out applications for jobs or whatever and they ask if you have ever been treated for mental illness. It could affect whether you get the job or not. Just be careful who you tell, I guess, but try to get the help you need. I hope the crystals help you some.

Solus

Post by Solus »

I've often considered myself slightly bi-polar but as mentioned above, Teenager. I feel sorry for you Poetry Princess... It seems alot of people in this world get what they don't deserve. I would like to second what Being Singular Plural said about Crystals and recommend again the Malachite, I had two of them and they worked very well in my time of need... however be careful with them, they are prone to break... both of mine broke (Without any help from my or another living being) which according to common belief is not a great thing to happen.

But yes, Malachites would work well. If you can get one on a chain and place it around your neck. Remember to cleanse it (Put it in a bowl of water and put it out in the sun) when you can and hopefully things'll get better.

But it's a personal struggle. I wish you luck on your journey and I am sure you'll come out right as rain.

Blessed Be.
~Solus~

Solus is Alone in Latin
Solus is Light and Knowledge in Gaelic
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

yeah.. teenager here.... lol isnt life a blast?... anyway crystal are good... but you've gotta be able to sence them to be able to take there abilties in.. dont you?? or am i just weird again???? it could be both :P
dont stress, thing get betta with time :)
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
Solus

Post by Solus »

I don't stress... too much... *cough*
~Solus~

Solus is Alone in Latin
Solus is Light and Knowledge in Gaelic

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”