Red Flags for People Abusing "Free Psychic Readings"?

This is where members and mods can start their own thread and offer to do readings for other members.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Red Flags for People Abusing "Free Psychic Readings"?

Post by Naudia Threng »

So, I recently saw your post thingy or whatever about people abusing the free readings section. And for future reference, could you help me know when to get suspicious and some red flags?
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.

SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: When to be suspicious?

Post by SnowCat »

Things to keep in mind are, participation in the forum, type of reading being requested, number of requests by an individual, length of time on the forum. Giving readings is voluntary. Anyone offering readings is free to decline a request, and the forum staff will support the decision.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Sweet, thanks for the info! Also, in case you didnt know i changed the name of my scrying thread to The Mirror of The Lily [Free Scrying]
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.

Elysium

Post by Elysium »

It's also possible to check out the ratings on a reading (if it's an actual book) on a site called good reads. I'm a part of several occult reading groups so I get most of my readings from there.
I am but a small stone in the river that is enlightenment

Vesca

Post by Vesca »

"Readings" in this sense of the word is the opportunity for our members to give out divinatory readings to other members in whatever form they want to try out, experiment with, and learn.

My biggest red flag is if someone is requesting a reading who has only just joined and hasn't posted anything else at all, or anything with any real substance that makes it seem as if they really want to be a part of the community here.

But the red flag we really want our members to keep an eye out for is if any "weird" requests come up that make you feel uncomfortable. In which case, you absolutely have the right to refuse and don't be shy in letting a mod know if that happens and you don't feel comfortable handling it yourself, are unsure of any potential backlash, or if anything else unseemly happens.

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Azure Lily wrote:So, I recently saw your post thingy or whatever about people abusing the free readings section. And for future reference, could you help me know when to get suspicious and some red flags?
You mean this post thingy here? http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 26800.html Well, my advice is to let your spidey senses be your best guide. If you sense the requester is acting like a vampiric troll, you'll know it, trust me ("Are you done with my reading yet?" "Are ya done yet?" "Are ya done yet?" "How 'bout now, are ya done yet?"). It isn't a fraction of the problem it was here a while back, and most people are just respectful, decent folk earnestly seeking insight and clarity about issues in their lives. We have a sharp-shooting mod team that nips nonsense in the bud. Like Vesca said, just let a mod know when your creep alert meter goes off, and we'll take care of it from there. Anyway, thank you for wanting to do psychic reading here. I hope you learn a lot, and enjoy the experience.

We do ask that if you must stop doing readings for whatever reason, please let a mod or support person know so we could lock your reading thread. That way people aren't left hangin,' and will know not to post a request. Whenever you'd like to resume, the thread could easily be unlocked. Thanks!

Return to “Free Readings Offered Here”