CLOSED - Xiao's Tarot & Rune Readings: 1-3 Cards

This is where members and mods can start their own thread and offer to do readings for other members.
Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

CLOSED - Xiao's Tarot & Rune Readings: 1-3 Cards

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hello everyone,

I've recently gotten busier (family matters, started school again, etc) and so I had to close my previous thread for Hero's Journey, Kore Spread, and Shadow Work Spread readings. They were each very long and involved spreads and it was taking me a month or more to get around to doing the reading and writing up my interpretation, and I just couldn't keep up with the demand.

But I still want to keep practicing divination, so instead I'm going to offer something different, which hopefully won't take me quite so long to get around to it (although it may still be a few days).

I will draw up to 3 runes/cards for you. You can choose between asking up to 3 questions (I will pull 1 card each), or ask about a situation that you'd like some more in-depth advice on, and I'll do a 3-rune/card spread for you.

Let me know if you have a preference for either tarot or runes; otherwise, I'll just choose whichever one I fancy that day.

(If you wanted less than 3 cards/runes, that's fine too; just let me know)

I'd prefer not to do any of these over PMs, since my inbox is full enough as it is! Also, I think it helps to know where people are in the waiting list / queue.

As always, I will offer the disclaimer that all these readings are purely for entertainment purposes, and not a substitute for medical, legal, or psychological advice. These are solely my interpretations of the cards/runes, and represent only one possible future.

Ask away!

------------------

Queen of the Dead, Lyra, Kyrie, and Nightstar, to whom I promised readings in my other thread but never delivered -- y'all get first dibs!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Kyrie

Re: Xiao's Tarot Readings: 1-3 Cards

Post by Kyrie »

Sweet! First dibs!

Okay, here's my situation. I am a manager at a fast food restaurant. I didn't really want to take on a management position in the first place, but I was basically talked in to it and the pay is pretty good. But recently, I'm feeling completely drained when it comes to work. I hate being there, when before, I used to love my job and the people I work with. I know I want to quit and start working on other projects that bring me happiness and fulfillment. But doing that would mean losing a significant amount of pay (I actually get paid pretty damn good for what I do!). My fiance would have to be responsible for our finances if my goals don't pan out, and his income alone can't support our household. We would eventually have to move back in to an apartment and sell his truck just to keep our bills paid.

So I'm torn between staying at a job that is completely suffocating my spirit, but provides enough money that we can live comfortably
AND
Following my heart and quitting to work on my own projects, but will not be enough to supplement the loss of income. At least not for a while.

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Re: Xiao's Tarot & Rune Readings: 1-3 Cards

Post by Xiao Rong »

Kyrie,

Sorry it took me so long! (and hey, it's not been a month, so I'm already doing better than I was before!) Here's your reading results -- I chose to use runes, since my friend very generously hand-crafted and gifted me a beautiful set and I couldn't wait to try them out!

I didn't want to just ask the question "Should she leave or stay in her job", because ultimately that decision is really in your hands. So instead, I'm approaching this as though you are reaching a crossroads, and the runes are giving you a peek into what lies a little further down that road, so you can make a better decision yourself. As always, the future is always malleable and changeable, and this represents only one interpretation out of many:

1. What is an underlying factor in the problem (that perhaps you don't know)? Hagalaz :hailrune: , the rune of hail

The rune of hail is typically one that signifies a time of crisis and turmoil -- not unlike the situation that you described. One thing that kind of jumped out at me, however, is the idea that Hagalaz is not only the rune of hail and stormy weather, but also the rune that is most closely associated with magic and the spirit. I suspect that this question goes deeper than finances or even happiness, but a question of spiritual fulfillment (which you hint as much, when you say that you're feeling spiritually suffocated). When you are looking into this matter, take a long hard look at what your soul needs. What do you care about first and foremost, in your heart of hearts? Is it your role as a witch? A lover? A caretaker? An artist? A dreamer? Your answer on what matters most to you on a deeper, spiritual level can help you make a decision on the "mundane" or surface level, in terms of finances.

2. What should you know about if you stay in your job? Pertho :gamerune: , the rune of the game piece

The rune of Pertho is complicated. It means a lot of things, including chance, fate, game piece, a cup of mead. One thing's for sure -- it is not a static or boring rune! You seem to say that if you were to stay in your current job, it's stable ("the devil you know"). I am wondering if it's possible that this path may be less predictable than you think, for better or for worse. It might actually open up to interesting or new possibilities if you were to stay with it, things that you couldn't predict at the moment. Pertho is a rune of mystery, should you choose to explore it.

3. What should you know about if you leave your job? Tiwaz, the rune of Tyr :tyrrune: .

This rune is a symbol of strength, honor, leadership, and success. Usually, the presence of Tyr is a positive omen, a symbol that you will be victorious in your quest, although you must be willing to work hard and make sacrifices along the way. You sound like you have a good idea of what you might pursue if you weren't stuck with this job. Tiwasz

Back to what I mentioned earlier about this being a bigger question about your spirituality -- I feel like the way the runes are currently laid out, you have two choices here: on the one hand, you have Tyr, who represents the way of the Warrior (spiritually, I mean), who sets his heart on what he wants to accomplish and through daring and sacrifice achieves what he is hoping for. On the other, you have Pertho, which represents the path of the Shaman, who is tested by fate and, if she passes, privy to other kinds of spiritual mysteries. The former is an active route, the latter a more passive route (and to which you are already headed, assuming you don't make a conscious decision to change your corse). Neither is better than the other; it just depends on what you want to accomplish. Which path appeals to you more?

I hope this shed some light for you! Let me know if you have any questions.

Xiao

Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

Thank you, Xiao! I've never had a Rune reading before so this was a new experience.

I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply. But I think you did an excellent job with this reading. It was very inspiring to hear that I can be successful at achieving my goals. I just have to work hard to reach them. And I feel like instead of struggling against my current job, I need to start seeing it as a way to stabilize myself BEFORE I make the jump into doing my own thing. I at least need to have a solid foundation instead of going off half-cocked, which is what my ego likes to do. So in this situation, I feel like my current job really is a "game piece." It's a strategic move on my part to better my chances of success when I do decide to take the leap of faith. And once it's done, I can wash my hands of it. I just have to be smart about how I play the game.

Thanks again, Xiao! I look forward to more readings in the future!

Kyrie

shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

Hi Xiaorong, how are you? Sending some love over to you ^.^ Out of curiosity, do you celebrate the chinese new year?

I'm thinking about this recently. Please do this reading when you have free time. There's no hurry. Based on current situation, I'm afraid I won't be able to meet a potential love interest who is living in another country. The possibility seems to be getting lower and lower. Is there anything I can do so that we can meet and get to know each other more? If we will meet, how soon will we meet? If we get together, how well will we fare (language barrier, parents and all)?

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hey Shatteredsouls! Happy Chinese New Year! I didn't really have time to do much this year, but usually I try to do a little something.

Certainly I can do this reading for you! Hopefully sometime in the next week, I'll be able to get back to you.

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hello Shatteredsouls! Here's my 3 card draw for you ...

Now, I've mentioned to you about this for future readings before that the future is not certain. And I also get the feeling from these cards that they may have multiple layers of meanings that might become more relevant later on (my deck seems to not always pay attention to the questions that are asked and instead gives me messages that they think I need to know, regardless of the question!) So that said, here goes:

The first card I drew had to do with your question of, is it possible to meet and what can you do to make that happen? This card is the King of Wands, who is the epitome of creativity, inspiration, charisma, and courage. I get the sense that this means that the meeting is possible, if you can think like the King of Wands. You might have obstacles, but with the King's creativity and determination, they won't be much of a challenge. Overall, I think the odds are pretty good.

The second card I drew had to do with your question, when will you meet your love interest? For this question I got the 3 of Cups, which is a card that represents people coming together. I can only assume that this is further confirmation that your meeting will not be too far in the future -- another good sign!

Finally, the third card was, how will you two fare when you meet? And this card was the Sun, which represents joy and success. Given the context of the rest of the cards, it seems that the way will be clear and you two will it hit it off wonderfully ; ) (although it doesn't hurt to remember the wisdom of the King of Wands, who encourages you to be bold and to put yourself out there!)

All in all, a very positive reading, I think! I'm sure there are other ways to interpret, but overall the vibe that I get from these cards is overwhelmingly positive.

I must say, now that I've been doing divination for a while, I can definitely feel my intuition at work. As I was shuffling the cards and starting to focus on the questions, I thought to myself, "You know, I bet you anything I'm going to get the Sun card." And lo and behold, that was the third card I drew! I'm starting to notice this more and more, that I sometimes know what cards I will get even before I draw them. Pretty cool stuff.

Anyways, hope that helps!

Cheers,
Xiao

shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

Ahh, everybody spends the new year differently!

Thank you so much for the reading, xiaorong. I absolutely understand the future is not set in stone. I probably need to gather my courage and find a way to meet under normal circumstances. Like you specially highlighted to me again, to be bold and put myself out there. I'm not a king of wards person so that will be difficult but I'll see what I can do when the chance comes. Actually, I was thinking that the meeting may happen after my plan which would be 2-3 years later but now it sounds like the opportunity may happen sooner (this year). We'll see about that, I may choose to reach out after I'm really ready (2-3 years later?).

You mean... that's just "pretty cool" to you, I think that deserves a "very cool"! As always, this is helpful to me. I need to stop being shy and indecisive sometimes.

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hey Shatteredsouls! I think that the cards would suggest that the meeting can happen sooner, if you WANT it to happen sooner. You of course do not need to feel like you have to take advantage of an opportunity this year.

Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Hey Xiao! Could you maybe do a 3-Card Draw for me? I wanted to have an in-depth divination on the future of my religion. I truly like the pagan path. And i saw your rune forecast for Kyrie, I was just hoping that maybe you could do the same for me?
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hi Jana! I'd be happy to do it for you, although I am behind on one other person's readings (sorry Aderyn!) and I'll get this one to you in a few days.

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Jana,

I decided to go with a simple past-present-future reading for you to better understand your spiritual path. As always, this is simply my interpretation and represents only one of many possible outcomes.

1. The Past: The Tower (sudden change, upheaval, catastrophe, revelation)

What set you on your spiritual path is a sudden change, something that radically changed your worldview. What was comfortable in childhood, for whatever reason, no longer fit you anymore, and this falling out was sudden. It seems to me that you are still reeling from this incident -- trying to pick up the ruins of the Tower. What did you lose? What do you miss about it? Remember that the Tower seems scary, but it usually represents positive growth (although it may be uncomfortable at first). It's like wildfire that clears the forest to make way for new life.

2. Present: 3 of Cups (friendship, community, exuberant, strong energy)

The key question for you at the moment seems to be community. As you are finding your way in the aftermath of the Tower, you will need to look for support. Whatever your chosen path may be, look for a strong, vibrant community that nourishes you and makes you feel whole and authentically you. Don't be afraid to ask for help -- we are meant to travel together. And the 3 of Cups is a reminder that as others nourish you, don't forget lend a helping hand to others. Mutuality is how we form communities, and it requires give and take. The 3 of Cups is generally a happy card -- for now, seek community, friendship, and support on your spiritual path, and you will find growth and joy.

3. Future: 3 of Wands (exploring the unknown, foresight, leadership)

Finally, your future is represented by the 3 of Wands, which in my deck depicts a traveler looking over a scenic landscape. More than anything, the interpretation that comes to my mind is that we are each on a journey that lasts a lifetime. Like the figure in the card, there is no need to rush. We each have our own paths, filled with endless possibilities, mysteries, and wonder. Take your time.

Hope this shed some light for you! Let me know if you have any questions and/or feedback.

Cheers,
Xiao

Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Thanks so much for this! It really... I dont know, it just seems to help. Its scary how on the nose The Tower is. And so seems to be the 3 of Cups... Thanks a thousand times for this Xiao!
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.

Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Hey Xiao! Could I maybe ask you for a reading on a different topic?

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Glad you liked the first reading! Certainly, I'd be happy to do another reading for you.

Return to “Free Readings Offered Here”