CLOSED - Hero's Journey, Underworld, & Shadow Tarot Readings

This is where members and mods can start their own thread and offer to do readings for other members.
Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Re: Hero's Journey, Underworld, & Shadow Tarot Readings by X

Post by Xiao Rong »

@ Ace of Cups: Certainly! Will try to have yours done by next week.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Gentle Melody

Post by Gentle Melody »

Ok, Thank you :D
"If you can't let go, you will end up empty-handed
If you can't control, you'll live your life in vain"

Design Your Universe ~ Epica

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hey Epithymia!

Here are my reading results for you, using the Heroine's Journey spread ... again my usual disclaimer that this is merely my interpretation and only one possible outcome. Hope you like it! Here goes:

1. The Heroine -- Page of Wands: An opportunity for creativity and passion

In the beginning of your journey, the Page of Wands represents you. You may have an opportunity coming soon to ignite your energy and passions, which are currently being suppressed and are sorely lacking in your life.

2. The Quest -- 4 of Wands: Celebration, freedom, excitement

What you're hoping for is celebration, freedom, and excitement, which are all elements that are currently missing from your lie. This seems to hearken back to the Page of Wands that represents you -- you want that sort of carefree, independent energy that comes from childhood innocence (the energy of the Page).

3. Refusal of the Call -- 9 of Cups: Indulgence, self-satisfaction, delight

I wonder if this is a sign that the reason why you're afraid to seek out what you desire (joy, delight, pleasure, passion, etc.) is because you've always considered yourself a responsible person. The 9 of Cups signals a lot of wish fulfillment and delight, but to some extent you are afraid that really going for what you desire would be selfish, putting yourself above others. But it's also that sense of responsibility that is sapping you of your strengthan and energy, so perhaps it is time to seek out some of the pleasure you've been denying yourself.

4. The Guide -- 2 of Pentacles: Balance, flexibility, adaptable

Your guide in this phase of your development is the 2 of Pentacles, who can show you that it is possible to both juggle your responsibilities and to care for yourself. The 2 of Pentacles is also a symbol of fun and laughter (in my Shadowscapes Deck, it depicts a man juggling, and he seems to be enjoying himself!), yet it seems to be a more mature kind of joy -- kind of like the parent who can manage the demands of their children yet also enjoy the moment (perhaps there is a person in your life like this?). Pleasure and fun are not inherently antithetical to being responsible, and figuring out this balance is going to be key in your journey.

5. Road of Trials -- Knight of Wands: Charming, self-confident, daring, adventurous, but also cocky, foolhardy, and restless

Again, in the theme of balancing passion and responsibility, you are going to have to deal with the Knight of Wands (which could be in yourself, but perhaps also a signifier of a particular person in your life). She can be full of energy and life, and you may admire her courage and passion, but sometimes she can also lead into plenty of trouble. The Knight's energy is inherently unstable, so one of your major lessons is going to be knowing when to rein her in and when to unleash her power.

6. The Dragon -- 5 of Swords: Self-interest

Interestingly, the Dragon (our greatest obstacle) is represented by the 5 of Swords, which represents self-interest, perhaps to the point of dishonor or losing your integrity. Particularly, a very narrow kind of self-interest that doesn't concern itselves with people around you. On your journey to find self-satisfaction, there may be a temptation to lose yourself in this kind of self-interest, with negative effects to those around you. You will need to remember that we are all connected, and that others' joy will only increase your joy, and others' sorrow will only increase your sorrow. It is still important to act in self-interest, but with the expanded view of self that includes our relationships to everyone and everything around us -- that will help you defeat the Dragon.

7. Death -- 7 of Pentacles: Assessing, reaping a reward, considering a direction change

I wrote "Death" into the spread to represent what you will have to leave behind you. The 7 of Pentacles represents a moment when you're at a crossroads, deciding what to do. It seems that the theme of transformation is particularly strong in your journey -- particularly, it will come to making a choice as you move into a new phase of your life. What kind of life do you want to lead? That's a decision that only you can decide, and you'll use everything you learned along the way to help you decide.

8. New Knowledge -- Hermit: Solitude, guidance, wisdom, introspection

The Hermit represents the wisdom and knowledge gained from introspection. I suspect that once you've made the choice, you will have new wisdom, but more importantly, the capacity to look inward and seek new wisdom whenever you desire.

9. Boon -- King of Pentacles: Enterprising, reliable, supporting, steady, generous

The Boon represents what you will take back with you to share with others. This is the King of Pentacles, who is a stable, reliable, generous figure and whom others know they can depend on. Perhaps this is a new figure entering into your life (a new romantic partner, supervisor, mentor figure, etc.), of perhaps that you will embody the King of Pentacles' energy -- he is responsible, but also kind and giving, and surrounded by love and family.

10. The Heroine Returned -- King of Swords: Intellectual, analytical, articulate, just, and ethical

Sometimes, the quest that we started out looking for isn't what we come back with. This isn't to say that we failed, but that what is valuable to us changes as we grow older (a heroine may have gone looking for adventure, but after her journey she comes home with a renewed appreciation of her family, for instance). It seems from the King of Swords that you will gain new abilities (alluded to with the Hermit) in terms of wisdom and intellect. Juxtaposed with the King of Pentacles, you seem to have found a good balance between air and earth, knowledge and practicality. What stands out to me about the King of Swords is also that she has the power of discernment: the power of the sword is knowing what to cut and defending that which you keep. In other words, the power to know what is essential to your life, and leaving behind what is not. You will know what burdens that you currently bear aren't worth it, and how to immerse yourself in just the ones that bring you meaning and fulfillment.

Cheers,
Xiao Rong

Epithymia

Post by Epithymia »

Thank you so much and it makes perfect sense.

Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Hi Xiao, I would like to get the Shadow Work reading done for me. Posting it on here is ok with me.

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Sure, Artemis. The only thing is that I'm still quite behind on readings (sorry, Ace of Cups & Zili ... haven't forgotten either of you!) so it might take me a couple of weeks, just to let you know.

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hi Zili, sorry it took me so long to get to your reading ... Things have been a little busy on my end. Anyways, here is your Shadow spread:

1. Your Light - What You Know & Accept About Yourself - 10 of Swords: desperation, sorrow, end of delusions

The 10 of Swords represents your current situation; it represents a difficult time of grief and loss. Judging from some of your recent posts, I wonder if this relates to the end of your last relationship, which is still something you are mourning and has shaken up your life in many ways. The world seems to be against you, and it's hard for you to be happy.

2. Your Shadow - What You Don't Know or Reject About Yourself - The Sun: vitality, joy, energy, health, confidence.

The Shadow shows you what you don't know or reject about yourself. In this case, you seem to have a positive Shadow - the Sun represents vitality, joy, confidence, energy, etc., which are all things missing in your life. As it is the part of you that is hidden or inaccessible to you, I believe that this means that you have trouble recognizing how to find joy in yourself. As you have been suffering from things outside of you, it's critical at this time to learn you can find that unshakeable inner peace and light within yourself despite external turmoil. The image I keep on coming back to in the middle of this reading is Hestia. Everything around you may be falling to pieces, but so long as you tend to your inner flame, you can still find happiness within yourself, rather than depending on your circumstances to make you happy. You're going through a dark time in your life, but you don't need to wait for daylight - you have sunlight inside of you. (fire will continue to be an important theme in your reading)

3. Why You Reject Your Shadow - The 10 of Cups: The love of family and community

It seems that the reason why the capacity for inner peace is blocked because you are holding on to the idea that your happiness is dependent on your relationships with others. Of course, to some extent that's true (we are always in relationship and it's natural for our happiness to be tied to our relationships). But at this moment, especially in light of your current situation, knowing how to evoke the Sun inside of you will help you get through this situation.

4. Why You Should Accept Your Shadow - The Hanged Man: Surrender, forces external to your control

The Hanged Man shows a time of transformation, of being subject to inexorable forces outside of your control. You can't control what others do, but the capacity for happiness rests inside, not outside of you. The Hanged Man shows that you are going through, or soon will be going through, circumstances that you can't control, and his lesson is surrender. By letting go the idea that you can control the world outside of you and focusing on your internal happiness, weather the storm in relative peace and comfort.

5. How to Integrate the Shadow & Light - The Queen of Wands: Confidence, self-assurance, cheerfulness, optimism

The Queen of Wands represents the positive aspects of fire (creativity, passion, excitement) with the internal focus of the Queen. She is confident, self-assured, cheerful, and optimistic (again, I keep getting the image of Hestia, who is composed, confident, and cheerful just by tending to herself). The Queen of Wands is asking you think and act like her. Tending to your inner flame may take different forms (although fire seems to suggest creative pursuits), but it involves paying attention to the ways in which you take care of yourself and solo activities that make you happy. (it might be a bit of a "fake it until you make it" situation, where it may feel foreign to you at first, but eventually it'll come more naturally).

6. The Outcome - The Ace of Wands: Creativity, excitement, adventure, courage, personal power

Again the theme of fire. It seems that there may have been things you've neglected in your life (again, creative pursuits come to mind) that you haven't been able to attend to for a while, and I think you will be able to tap into that positive fire energy you've been missing. I think once this passes and you accept your Shadow, you will have lots of exciting possibilities open up to you!

I don't mean to be glib or diminish your recent troubles by saying you can just be happy. It's perfectly natural to mourn the ending of a relationship. But this reading does seem to suggest that the key to moving on from that is to find your internal happiness, which will take practice and time. But I can see a lot of wonderful things that will happen if you can unlock your Shadow. I hope that all goes well for you, and that you found this reading helpful!

Blessings,
Xiao

Zili

Post by Zili »

Perfect timing for me to come on and read your reading Xiao :) I believe I'm already at the integration of light and shadow.

Not long ago my sight was made a bit clearer when it comes the the actions and personality of my ex and I no longer feel anger, disapointment, or betrayal. Instead my heart goes out to him because he refuses to feel any joy or happiness in his life and has surrounded himself with negativity that just keeps spreading to the point his negativity has pushed everyone away. My heart hurts for him because he knows he can change this but he fears change and he's letting it take over him. I myself have been changing my outlook recently talking with my bestie and my friend from england has helped me to cleanse the negative vibes I've had. There's still work to do from another previous situation that's been trying to push its way back into my life but I feel I can let of of that soon as long as I keep looking towards the sun.

I've also been finding inspiration again true genuine inspiration its just up to me to start working more in depth with it :)

Thanks Xiao :)

editing to say that I'm having to start back at the beginning....*sigh* I received another apology from him that's pulling at the stitches I just put in my heart. Determined not to let it eat at me though.

Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Hey, Xiao!
Can I request a Heroine's Journey Spread? I'm really interested in how it works and how much it can tell me and when I saw that noone requested it yet I just couldn't resist :D
I'm aware that it might take time but I'm up for waiting even a month if you'd like to do the spread for me.

Here's a little background for you:
I recently graduated from university and finishing my master thesis at the moment to finally officially become a psychologist. I would like to know what's going to happen when I'm done. My Ultimate Life Goal is to open a therapy and spiritual development center somewhere in the mountains and I feel like, sonner or later, I have to accomplish this goal to fulfill my destiny. (I'm just this type of person who can clearly see what I have to do in this body, in this life :))
The thing is it's not that easy. It requires loads of time and money to finish additional courses and diplomas and then buy a land and build the whole center from scratch. I already have a bunch of crazy plans on how to deal with that but I can never be sure if it works out. So my main question is what is the future going to bring me? What obstacles can I expect on my path towards that goal?
If you need any additional info or anything just tell me, I was trying to present it as simply as I could.

And, of course, if you agree to do the spread for me I'm okay with it being posted here publically.

Loads of love <3

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Sure, Levitating Cat! It seems like I typically take 2-3 weeks to get to it, so it seems, but otherwise, not a problem! : )

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Dear Ace of Cups,

Sorry it took me so long to get to your reading ... still catching up on readings! Anyways, here is your Shadow spread:

1. Your Light: The 4 of Pentacles -- Wanting to be in control, resistance to change, denial of weakness.

At this point, it appears that you are in a rut. Something is keeping you from changing and growing, and you've been noticing that it's been causing you problems in your life. You may be defensive and tend to be somewhat rigid in how you react to other people and things.

2. Your Shadow: The 10 of Cups -- Serenity and peace that comes from family bonds / friendship

The Shadow represents what you either do not know or reject about yourself. Here, it appears to represent the joy and peace that comes from family or friendship. I am not sure if this is an indication that you've been hurt by them in the past, but at any rate, you are afraid to let others into your life. You might be clinging to the idea of yourself as a lone wolf, but unfortunately you've also been closing out people who love and care about you.

3. Why You Reject the Shadow: The Hierophant -- Authority, conformity, identifying with a group

It appears that the reason you are afraid to let in people into your life is the Hierophant -- it seems that you fear conformity and being trapped by authority and tradition. This is pretty normal at your age, but rather than rejecting the Hierophant wholesale, the goal of adolescence is to learn what you can from tradition and authority, and then reject what is bad and keep what's good. Likewise, letting people into your heart doesn't necessarily mean conforming to them -- you can keep your individuality while still embracing the things that other people have to offer.

4. Why You Should Embrace the Shadow: Strength -- Patience, compassion, "soft control"

I think this card is pretty clear that what you could stand to gain from embracing the Shadow is Strength. This card is not about direct power or physical prowess, but about the kind of quiet inner strength that comes from perseverance, courage, resolve, and composure. In context of the rest of the meeting, this isn't the kind of strength that you gain from standing apart and alone from others, but from supporting others and being supported in turn. This kind of compassion and love from being in the web of life is what nourishes us and makes the quality of energy in us healthy and strong.

5. How to Integrate the Shadow & the Light: The King of Wands -- Being creative, inspiring, forceful, charismatic, and bold

In terms of how to bring together your Shadow and your Light, this card is encouraging you to act and think like he does. The King of Wands is inspiring and charismatic; he is a leader. He seems to be suggesting that you do not need to give up your individuality -- rather, the King of Wands is proud to be unique. However, being unique doesn't make him a lone wolf -- instead, it makes him a leader. You have a lot of creative fire and energy within yourself that is just waiting to be expressed.

6. The Outcome: The Ace of Wands -- The opportunity to be creative, enthusiastic, confident, and brave

Again, the theme of fire presents itself. I think this signals the opportunity to be creative and pursue your goals, but fire is also related to passion and love, so letting others into your heart could have all sorts of exciting possibilities in expressing the best and most positive aspects of fire.

Hope this helped, and shed some light (har har) on the subject!

Cheers,
Xiao Rong

Gentle Melody

Post by Gentle Melody »

Thank you so much Xiao!
It was really a spot on reading. I'm mostly like a lone wolf, this brought me lots of trouble. I had some problems with my family in the past that still haunts me. Your reading made me think more deeply at the situation, I need to let people be able to enter my heart. Your reading helped me so much!!! Thank you :mrgreen:
"If you can't let go, you will end up empty-handed
If you can't control, you'll live your life in vain"

Design Your Universe ~ Epica

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

You are quite welcome!

dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

Hello there Xiao! I was wondering if it was possible for me to receive a shadow spread reading? I've recently just begun looking into shadow work because I'm not sure why but I feel like lately I've been lying to myself and just general uneasiness about who I really am vs who I try to convince myself and others that I am. I frequently have difficulties fully accepting the natural darkness in things and I feel like realizing and gradually becoming comfortable with my own imperfections would be a big step in trying to be better. I've realized lately that I have a tendency to be vain and shove aside others feelings if they don't suit my current situation, and several people have mentioned that to me that I seem to be becoming rather self centered and careless, but I feel like there's much more beyond that that I haven't discovered as of yet, so any help from the reading would be much, much appreciated.
Please feel free to take all the time you need with the reading though. There's no rush at all. Also, thank you so much for doing this. I don't really mind whether your response is private or public. Whichever suits you best would be great. If there's any other information that you'd like to know, please just tell me. Thanks again.

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hey Dreamcatcher, be happy to give you a reading! You sound like you've already started a lot of self-exploration, so that'll make your Shadow work a LOT easier. It may take me a little while to get to your reading, though (couple of weeks, at the rate I'm going). Thanks for understanding.

Return to “Free Readings Offered Here”