CLOSED - Hero's Journey, Underworld, & Shadow Tarot Readings

This is where members and mods can start their own thread and offer to do readings for other members.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Hero's Journey, Underworld, & Shadow Tarot Readings by X

Post by loona wynd »

Xiao Rong wrote: 1. Your Light - What You Know and Embrace About Yourself: The Knight of Pentacles
The Knight of Pentacles is unwavering, thorough, and hardworking. This is an aspect of you that yourself that you are proud of; in your many pursuits, you tend to be a perfectionist and an achiever who knows what she wants and is diligent enough to achieve it (as can be seen through your many thorough studies of the many aspects of witchcraft).
This is true. I have recently started to take a look and train in a different witchcraft tradition than I had been following so far. This new work is all about working on the self. Which is something I have needed to do. So I am hoping that I can continue to do a lot of hard work here.

This card also applies to my business. I have been for the past 9 months developing my small business. It has been a lot of hard work and it has also been a lot of fun. One of my longest dreams has been to run my own metaphysical/new age/occult supply store. Now I have one on etsy. Its time consuming at times but I feel really good when I take the time to work on and develop my products and my practices.

The diligence also really applies. It took me 6 years to complete a 2 year degree, but I was able to stick it through and complete it. I wanted to get into the International Honor society and have Honors level grades and I did. So for me it was another example of how when I set my mind to a goal I can acomplish it and make it happen.
Xiao Rong wrote:2. Your Shadow - What You Don’t Know or Reject About Yourself: The Hierophant
The Hierophant represents tradition, culture, and institutions; it is emblematic of structure and conformity. In light of the rest of the reading and as it appears in juxtaposition to Your Light (the Knight of Pentacles), I think this is a fine line that you are struggling with consciously -- how much do you want to conform? How much do you want to be an independent free spirit?
This is something I am dealing with. Right now I am looking for work to help pay the bills and make ends meet. While I have been working on developing my small business and I have had some successes with it, I do not have enough regular steady income for it to really be effective for me and for me to be able to make it all I do right now. So with my teal hair look and how I like to be I have a hard time fitting into basically any work environment.
Xiao Rong wrote:There is a great deal of security in adhering to the Hierophant, with its rigid structure, rules, and hierarchy, (and your Knight of Pentacles excels in that environment) but to some extent it is also stifling your natural creativity and independence. I also suspect that you feel like you don't feel like you don't totally belong to the Hierophant's world.
I dont feel like I fit in with the norms of society. I dont like having a strict or normal dress code. I like being able to dress how I feel when I feel like it. My style is a mixture of a hippie/peace and a gothic/darkness look. It works for me. I'm not sure if I could find a way to have that balance in a normal society.
Xiao Rong wrote:In the Shadowscapes Tarot, the Hierophant is a tree with roots that extend deep into the earth, but you can't fully connect to your roots (in part because of your search for your biological mother). I think what this comes down to is that you don't feel like you can fully trust yourself and so you depend on the Hierophant's structure; in this way, your Knight of Pentacles is somewhat unguided, unsure of her footing. You can succeed, if only you could decide your path. But the Hierophant as your Shadow may be signifying that you have to do some inward journeying -- take a break from the outside world, to look within.
I bolded the part here that really stood out for me. I dont trust my intuition as much as I should. Its becoming better and easier to do. Its still not where I would like it to be. I was and have been scared of my intuition and how accurate it was. One of the ways I have been trying to get more comfortable with my intuition and this trusting of myself has been through doing these readings online and on forums like this. It helps because I start seeing that I know what I need to know and when I get the messages they are clear, and they apply to the person I gave them to in ways I didn't previously understand.
Xiao Rong wrote:3. Why You Fear Your Shadow: 4 of Cups
The 4 of Cups is unaware, self-absorbed, isolated, and disengaged from the world. My instinct is that you are worried that if you disengaged from the Hierophant to do your solitary journey, you are going to entirely lose yourself in your tumultuous emotions, which is a Pandora's box that you're afraid to really open up and see what's inside. Without the Hierophant's structure, you won't have any direction at all.
This is true. I have very strong emotions. In the past I have let my emotions control me rather than using them to find what I need to know in the situation. The therapy I had been doing for a while has made dealing with my emotions and understanding where they come from much easier. I now have skills to deal with difficult emotions that I didnt have before. So this fear is true. The more I start facing and dealing with my emotions the easier it will be. I'm still afraid that I will let the stronger ones control me and my actions rather than me control my actions.
Xiao Rong wrote:4. Why You Should Embrace Your Shadow: Queen of Cups
However, another Water sign comes up to reassure you that an inward journey will be fruitful in the best way possible. The Queen of Cups is loving, tender-hearted, intuitive, psychic, and spiritual; her heart wins over her head. Like I mentioned before, you haven't trusted yourself enough to open that Pandora's box, but Pandora's box also brings gifts. I think if you trust yourself to do this inward journey, you will find that you have it in you to be the true Queen of Cups -- the mistress of her own emotions, calm and at peace, generous enough to share her wisdom with others.
The emotion that scares me the most is my anger and my temper related to my anger and frustrations. Though I am learning that anger can be as much of a tool for change and transformation as it can be feared. I am going to be working on some difficult things starting this week in therapy. So I am nervous about that. I am going to try and find that balance between experiencing and letting the emotions come out and living with/continuing day to day life unruled by the emotion. Still feeling it, just not letting it control me,
Xiao Rong wrote:5. How to Integrate the Shadow and the Light: 7 of Swords
The 7 of Swords, in this case, I think is an indication that you do need to make that solitary journey. It represents the lone wolf -- the desire to rune alone and free. That's something that you've always yearned for, but held back by the Hierophant. It's time to indulge that urge, to try your hand at an independent pursuit and see what you're capable of, and in the process go through that inner journey, to unlock the Queen of Cups' full potential.
I have been pondering the idea of writing a few books on my experiences in witchcraft and how helpful it can be and how healing it can be. I've been told that I should do this writing. So maybe I should just start listening to that. That has been an urge and message that has come up many times from spirit guides. Use your gift (writing) and share it. Perhaps this will help me work on the areas I need to work on.
Xiao Rong wrote:6. The Outcome: 9 of Pentacles
I think this final card shows a really positive outcome for you if you do manage to reconcile your Shadow and your Light. The 9 of Pentacles shows someone who is self-assured, confident in her own abilities, in tune with her Authentic Self. In my imagination, the energy of the 9 of Pentacles can choose of her own free will when she wants to work with the Hierophant, and on her own terms, bringing her unique gifts of creativity (and in your case, the Knight of Pentacles' drive and ambition). The 9 of Pentacles also foretells material success, and more importantly, the ability to pursue greater things, such as creativity and spirituality, when one is freed of the constant distraction of financial concerns.
This is a positive message to me. I am starting some of this work in therapy and will be doing some of it with my training in the Feri tradition of witchcraft. Perhaps this is part of the reason I have been getting the message over and over to start the process of dealing with my traumas and emotional issues regarding my past. I know where my biological mother is now, and I know I can contact her when I am ready. Having her name come up twice within a month on my business page to me is a signal that I need to do this work. Its going to be hard and its going to be difficult but I think I can manage with it.
Xiao Rong wrote:I always like to do a quick analysis of the elements that the cards invoke. First of all, you have 3 cards that represent the element of earth and material concerns (the Knight of Pentacles, the 9 of Pentacles, and the Hierophant -- which, as I mentioned before, has roots stretching deep into the earth). You mentioned that you're a water sign, but identify more with fire -- I also see a lot of the intellectual, "head-y" nature of air in you. The strong presence of water (when it comes to why you fear and why you should embrace your Shadow) represents that water may be your Shadow element, and you'll need to spend some time working with it ... and in doing so you'll be able to access the best parts of earth.
I am a scorpio which is a water sign. Traits of water signs include being very emotional. Being emotional can come in forms of being overwhelmed by emotions and being able to control and experience emotions freely. I am working on going from one side of the spectrum to the middle. I also do as you sensed have a lot of air elemental traits in me. I seek wisdom and understanding. I like to know where things come from and why we do the things we do. The study of philosophy and literature (two of my favorite things) are very intellectual traits and these are my strong points. My fire element comes out in my passions. I am very passionate. When I am working on something I am passionate about I do give it my all and throw myself into it. I can almost become lost to the real world. As for earth I'm not really grounded. I dont have that strong base. So maybe I need to work on that part. The other three elements I have been getting fairly balanced. The earth element not so much.
Xiao Rong wrote:Anyways, I hope this reading shed some light on your Shadow (har, har). Let me know if you have questions!

Cheers,
Xiao
This has been very informative. I am starting on some of the shadow work. I am going to be working on my feelings and fears related to my biological mother in therapy. So a lot of what has come out makes sense to me.
Xiao Rong wrote:P.S. I just noticed that Heartsong's reading for you also included a Queen of Cups and a 4 of Cups. Sounds like the universe is really trying to tell you something with those cards!
Yeah. I need to work on my emotional balances and the issues the fuel them.

Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

Hey Xiao, I love your concept for the Shadow work spread (heck, all of em sound awesome!). Would you mind doing a reading for me using the Shadow spread? If you decide to, it would be okay to post it here on the thread.

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Certainly, Alura! Although I probably wouldn't be able to get to it until at least this weekend / next week. Sorry about the delay!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Dear Twilight Dancer,

1. Your Light -- What You Know and Embrace About Yourself: 7 of Pentacles
This represents material success and reaping a reward. I think this indicates that you are in some kind of financial/career situation that is paying off for you at the moment. You're proud of yourself, having worked hard to get there.

2.Your Shadow -- What You Do Not Know or Reject About Yourself: Ace of Pentacles
The Ace of Pentacles is the purest representation of earth, and ordinarily represents prosperity, abundance, trust, and security. However, the flip side of earth is that it can represent stagnation and immobility. In light of your Light (haha, see what I did there?) and the rest of your reading, I think that the Ace of Pentacles in this case is warning you about the latter. As I mentioned before, you feel like you've gotten to a good place, financially, and it's very tempting to stay on the path. But there's at least some part of you that needs something new to capture your interest. Now, I am NOT saying that you should leave your current job (and no advice that I or my cards may have for you can take the place of your own instincts and knowledge of the situation), but simply that your current situation, as easy as it might be to "stay the course", is not fulfilling all your needs. You need some kind of change or shakeup in your life, whether that's finding a new hobby or doing some kind of internal soul-searching -- the goal is to find the real you.

3. Why You Fear Your Shadow: 4 of Cups
This card represents self-absorption, apathy, detachment from the world, and isolation. I think this is what you are nervous about -- turning inwards and discovering a well of emotions. You mentioned that you have a similar background to Loona or have had a traumatic past. You have had good reasons in the past for keeping it buried (again, Earth can be good at that), in that it probably allowed you to function in a time when you couldn't afford to be distracted by it. But at some point you do have to unearth it and process it, or else it will keep haunting you. Without doing this, you will never be able to find your Authentic Self. I am not going to say this is an easy process, but definitely necessary, and the first card (the 7 of Pentacles) indicates that now is a time of pause and rest after a harvest, so now's as good a time as any. Take your time, and be kind to yourself as you do this.

4. Why You Should Embrace Your Shadow: 3 of Wands
The 3 of Wands shows the wanderer exploring the unknown, having great vision and foresight. It requires slight detachment, in order to go higher and gain perspective. Where the 4 of Cups also indicates isolation, the 3 of Wands shows the gifts of solitude -- the wisdom of one who consciously retreats, who can choose to step back, take a breather, and focus on herself. You might be afraid that going inward will cause you to get lost, but it's actually a necessary time of rest, which you may be appreciating after that harvest in the 7 of Pentacles!

5. How to Integrate Your Shadow and Your Light: 9 of Wands
The 9 of Wands shows someone with great resilience. She's been through a lot, and she may have been hurt, but she's not down. Your past experiences have wounded you, but they have also strengthened you. The 9 of Wands is a survivor, and so are you. I think this brings us back to the first card, the 7 of Pentacles, which shows that you reaped a reward because you worked hard. You are strong, and those same qualities (resilience, toughness, hard work, and drive) will get you through this difficult inward journey to find your Authentic Self.

6. The Outcome: 5 of Swords
The 5 of Swords indicates self-interest, and in this case, I believe that this indicates selfishness in the best possible way. Sometimes, it is entirely necessary to put yourself first, or else how can you have the strength to give to the world? You've been through a lot -- if you can manage this inward journey and find out what you truly need and want, you can step forward to claim what you're due.

Hope this reading has helped shed some light on your situation, Twilight Dancer!

TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Thankyou for taking the time, Xiao. That's definitely me. :fairy:
This was very helpful. =]

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows

Epithymia

Post by Epithymia »

I was wondering if you were still doing the readings. I have never heard of any like this and would love one.

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hey Epithymia, I'd be happy to do a reading for you, though I am quite backed up at the moment so I wouldn't be able to get to it until at least next week. Did you have a particular question in mind?

Epithymia

Post by Epithymia »

Oh that's fine take your time, I am in no rush. I am struggling right now with a LOT of difficult situations in my life and I am trying to hold it all together but I am struggling . I feel lost ,I don't practice as much as I use to because I do not want it to turn negative towards certain people unintentionally.I am trying to not let my emotions get the best of me but they are. I suppose I am wondering if the situations are going to get better . And I do not mind if you post it here.

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

@ Epithymia -- Sure thing! I'll let you know the results when I get to your reading.

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hey Alura,

Here are the results of your reading. As usual, the disclaimer that this is solely my interpretation, and that there are many potential outcomes, and all the choices and decisions are still yours to make. Anyways, here goes!

1. Your Light -- What You Know and Accept About Yourself: 5 of Pentacles

The 5 of Pentacles represents some kind of hard time that you are going through right now, perhaps related to financial or material concerns. It seems to imply to me a period of stagnation and isolation, where you're just feeling stuck.

2. Your Shadow -- What You Don't Know or Reject About Yourself: 5 of Swords

Among other things, the 5 of Swords represents selfishness. Where the 5 of Pentacles is often a reminder to pay attention to your own needs, the 5 of Swords indicates that you are afraid of doing so because it may be construed as selfishness. You pride yourself on being a generous and caring person, and you are often reluctant to acknowledge that sometimes you have needs of your own. The 5 of Swords is a reminder that the self is connected to the larger whole, and so in taking care of others you must also remember to take care of yourself.

3. Why You Fear Your Shadow: 6 of Swords

The 6 of Swords represents getting the blues, but it also represents travel. While you are feeling the 6 of Swords' energy, things aren't going great, but they aren't going terribly either. You might be concerned about embracing your Shadow (taking care of yourself, and making some necessary changes) because things aren't as bad as they could be, and you're worried that upsetting the equilibrium that you've carefully set up might just makes things worse. It kind of feels like you're treading water -- you're staying afloat, which is good, even though you're expending lots of energy and going nowhere.

4. Why You Should Embrace Your Shadow: Wheel of Fortune

As a counterpoint to the 6 of Swords, the powerful energies of the Wheel of Fortune suggest that if you can surrender yourself to the inevitability of change, you will find that the changes that are in store for you are really positive! There is only so much within your control anyways, and if you can let go of the 6 of Swords and embrace change, you can also invite the good changes into your life, rather than staying stuck.

5. How to Integrate the Shadow into the Light: 7 of Pentacles

The 7 of Pentacles is an indication of a time to pause and reflect; yet another indication that it's time to consider a change in direction. It's that moment where we can stop and ask ourselves what it is that we really want from life, and we can choose another path if we want. This card suggests that doing so now could be a really fruitful opportunity to do so.

6. Outcome: Ace of Wands

Finally, the potential outcome if you were to follow the advice of the 7 of Pentacles is the Ace of Wands, which represents confidence, enthusiasm, courage, and creativity. As one of the purest representations of the element of Fire in the Tarot, it sounds like exactly what you may be missing currently.

What I'm getting from this reading as a whole is that you have consistently been putting others ahead of yourself -- which is not inherently bad, but in many ways it has been draining you of energy. It could be a job, or a relationship dynamic of some kind that you stay in even though you've been suffering the costs; however, you worry that this is the best it's ever going to get, so why upset the balance now? Your Shadow is asking you to consider your own needs first and do what's right for you, even if it feels totally radical and unlike you. It's not by any means a decision to take lightly, but it seems like the Ace of Wands and the Wheel of Fortune suggest that there could be great things in store for you if you do!

Hope this helps shed some light on the situation!

Cheers,
Xiao

Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

Hey Xiao, Thank you for completing this reading so fast.

This definitely rings true is many ways. Right now I'm going through an emotional hardship with a few recent things that have come up. It's affecting the fiances too making things harder in other ways as well.

This is enlightening and very encouraging to make some drastic, needed changes that have been long overdue.

Zili

Post by Zili »

I'd like a reading with the Shadow Spread (seems popular) but now that I'm about to be free from my relationship I'm left questioning things about myself lately a friend and I have been conversing on the topic of fear and how it controls our lives.

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hey Zili! Be happy to get that reading to you ... hopefully by the end of this week.

(Epithymia, I am also going to get to yours this week!)

Epithymia

Post by Epithymia »

No worries , I know people have lives and I am just very grateful for the reading. :)

Gentle Melody

Post by Gentle Melody »

Xiao, would you mind doing the Shadow Spread reading for me, please? :D
"If you can't let go, you will end up empty-handed
If you can't control, you'll live your life in vain"

Design Your Universe ~ Epica

Return to “Free Readings Offered Here”