Rune Readings by Heartsong

This is where members and mods can start their own thread and offer to do readings for other members.
Heartsong
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Rune Readings by Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Hi all!

In addition to offering tarot readings, I am also offering to cast free Rune readings using the Elder Futhark. If you would like a tarot reading, please ask for one on my other thread, linked here: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 25007.html

It will generally take me between 1-3 days to get back to you with your reading. If you would prefer to have your reading sent to you via PM, please include that in your request. Also, please let me know the nature of the reading you'd like for me to complete for you (general, job, relationship, etc.).

Brightest Blessings,
~Heartsong
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone

prettyviolet

Re: Rune Readings by Heartsong

Post by prettyviolet »

i would like a rune reading whenever you get the chance:)

Heartsong
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Heartsong »

Sure! I'll have it up for you in a couple of days, pretty violet.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone

Wonderingeye865

Post by Wonderingeye865 »

I would like a rune reading if you get a chance. It would be about a relationship. Thank you :)

Heartsong
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Heartsong »

I can do that. :) I should have one for you in a few days.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone

__Oracle__

Post by __Oracle__ »

Heartsong is very gifted :-)

Heartsong
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Heartsong »

*Blush* Thank you, Oracle, that's sweet of you to say! ^.^
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone

Heartsong
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Heartsong »

Hi prettyviolet,

I've completed your reading for you, using a very simple 3 Rune Spread. Just please bear in mind that this is only my interpretation of the runes cast, and if you feel that there may be another layer of meaning in the spread, by all means, go with your intuition. :)

The first position is the Past, and here I drew KennazImage, the Torch rune. Kennaz is associated with inner light, the fire within, which often is inferred as creativity. From it, I gather that you've applied yourself to an in-depth self-reflection, specifically in regards to your creativity and spirituality. You've learned to be more trusting of your intuition, and much of what you've learned in life was self-taught. I also think that the presence of this rune indicates that you discovered a primal need within yourself, a core belief that you were unaware of until after a great deal of soul-searching.

The second position is the Present, and here I drew Perdhro :gamerune: . Perdhro has not really been given a concrete meaning, and while the debate is ongoing, many rune scholars (and readers) have agreed that it is associated with secrets, mysteries, and the role of fate/chance (hence it is often referred to as the 'game rune' or 'dice rune'). When it comes up in a reading such as this, I believe it to indicate an uncovering of a mystery within a person, a discovery of self, if you will. Combined with the presence of Kennaz, I believe that this is a further indication of you achieving an enlightenment of sorts about yourself, a hidden aspect that has been, and will further be, brought into the light.

The third position is the future, and here I drew Dagaz :dayrune: . Dagaz is often indicative of a burst of illumination, a brief period where light touches everything and all is illuminated (much like the brief 12 hours of sunlight that makes up a single day). When I look at this rune and with the others present in your spread, I believe this to mean that you will experience a further period of growth, in regards to self-understanding. Dagaz, to me, also represents a new day, or chapter, beginning in your life, one that will be a positive shift for you.

I'd also like to add that the positions in which I drew the runes, they are were slightly tilted to the right and I felt that, with Kennaz and Perdhro in particular, in each instance you were/are/will be on the cusp of gaining significant knowledge about yourself, and an important period of growth. I also believe that this was a gentle reminder not to try and rush these kinds of things, because they happen in their own time, and the rewards are greater when you are patient about them. :)

Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you might have about your reading. Feedback is also very welcome.

Brightest Blessings,
~Heartsong

(P.S. WonderingEye, I'll have your reading up later today!)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone

prettyviolet

Post by prettyviolet »

thank you! for the reading heartsong:)

Heartsong
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Heartsong »

Hi WonderingEye,

I've completed your reading, using a 5 Rune Spread. Just please bear in mind that this is only my interpretation of the runes cast, and if you feel that there may be another layer of meaning in the spread, by all means, go with your intuition. :)

That being said, here we go!

The first position is meant to be a kind of overview of your situation, and here I drew Wunjo :joyrune: . Wunjo very simply means 'joy' and is often associated with the shared joy between individuals and communities. I believe this presence of this rune in your spread indicates first, your search for that kind of happiness with another person, ideally a romantic partner, and second, that a positive result is very possible for you. :)

The second position represents a challenge that you will need to face and overcome. Here I drew Raido :riderune: , the 'Ride' or 'Cart' rune. Raido is associated with a change in direction, movement of either a physical, emotional, or spiritual variety. For you, I believe that it's indicative of a lack of movement in your life, a stagnation. There is a need for you to change directions, and part of accomplishing that is becoming proactive in taking control of that direction. It's a good time for you to actively guide your own path, and thus, help yourself find what you're looking for.

This is supported by the third rune I drew, Eihwaz :yewrune: , which was in the position representing a course of action for you to take. Eihwaz is a rune of self empowerment, because it is associated with a movement towards enlightenment, as well as indicative of an initiation of knowledge, particularly about the self. It's presence here, I believe, is an encouragement to try and understand exactly what it is you want in a relationship. Another important aspect of Eihwaz to keep in mind is that it is the 'Yew' rune. Yew was, and still is, a popular and sensible choice to use in making a hunting bow, and thus it is easy to see why Eihwaz is associated with the hunt itself. Therefore, I think it's important for you to embark on your own hunt, not only in tracking down a deeper understanding of yourself, but also actively searching for a mate. Eihwaz seems to me to be a reinforcement of the proactive encouragement that Raido is also giving you.

The fourth position represents Sacrifice, or that which will need to be discarded or put aside in order for you to move forward towards your goal. Here I drew Perdhro :gamerune: . Perdhro is often associated with the role of fate, or chance, in one's life, but it is also associated with secret and mysteries, and the uncovering of them. Based on the other runes in your spread, I believe that Perdhro's presence is representative of an awakening of sorts that will occur within you, where everything will begin to make sense. It is also an encouragement, I think, for you to shed past hurts, in order for you to keep moving forward towards your goal.

The fifth position represents a new situation evolving, and here I drew Ing :ingrune: . Ing can be a very positive rune, and that is especially true for you! Ing is associated with not only the awakening of inner creativity and the fruition of a goal, but also it has heavy sexual connotations, specifically, sexual union. As such, I believe that its presence in your spread is a positive indication of a relationship in your future, and the achievement of what you desire. smiley_dance

Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you might have about your reading. Feedback is also very welcome.

Brightest Blessings,
~Heartsong
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone

Wonderingeye865

Post by Wonderingeye865 »

I am AMAZED You are truly wonderful thank you for taking time out for me the rune reading was wonderful I cant tell you how much I appricate this thank you heartsong

Vervain

Post by Vervain »

I would LOVE a rune reading when you get a chance. I'm curious about my new music project, we have our first show at the end of March.

Heartsong
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Heartsong »

Hey there, vervain, nice to see you back around the board!

I'd be happy to perform a rune reading for you. :) I should have it done and posted in a few days.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone

freemysoul

Post by freemysoul »

Hello wonderful heartsong :) I am fascinated by runes and was wondering if you could do a general reading for me?! :) also are there any books or info you could recommend for more info for me to learn more? Thank you :)

Heartsong
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Heartsong »

Sure, freemysoul, I can do that for you. I should have it posted in a couple of days.

There are several books I could recommend if your interested in learning more about the runes! :) Here's a small list:

Northern Mysteries & Magick by Freya Aswynn (Xiao Rong wrote a wonderful review for this text)

Taking up the Runes by Diana L. Paxson

Odin's Gateways by Katie Gerrant

Futhark: A Handbook of Rune Magic by Edred Thorson

Out of these, I would start with Aswynn and Paxson if your primary interest in the runes is working with them in divination. What's great about Paxson especially is that she explores both her own ideas, and those of other authors that have worked with the runes.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone

Return to “Free Readings Offered Here”