What helps you with insomnia?

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
CaramelKitty

What helps you with insomnia?

Post by CaramelKitty »

Two of my family members have insomnia. What rituals do you do in order to get a great night's sleep? What supplements do you recommend? Should they do some type of clearing spell? I once read that being suddenly unable to sleep can be a sign of black magic? Thnx
barker

Re: What helps you with insomnia?

Post by barker »

Valerian tablets.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm a day-person & sunlight affects my energy. My sleep patterns changed when I retired. Without the daily grInd I only need 3-4 hours sleep. My only "ritual" is routine. I have a piece of toast before bedtime - carbs make me drowsy & being hungry doesn't keep me awake. I keep warm to get drowsy, read 10 minutes or run thru the prayer beads to relax & doze-sleep for some REMs. I resist the lure of late sleep-in mornings because it throws the bio-system out of whack. A night-person is the complete opposite so wouldn't relate to this.

Doing ritual raises energy and peps me up.
Keeping stimulating crystals away from my bed helps relaxing. Sleep pillows with sleep related herbs and their scents are said to be helpful to falling asleep.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Thought of another idea: lay with the head to the north. Aligning with north is home, stability and rest.

If there's a N-S support beam, align the bed with it & put head at north.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis) or warm milk :)
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I don't think the lack of sleep is a sign of black magick. If it were, that would mean I've been cursed :D
Anyway, valerian tablets are great for calming the nervous system and falling asleep easier.

What I found helps me, are some breathing exercises I do - you can find easy breathing exercises, just google them. Doesn't matter which ones, they all help. The reason is, the brain gets more oxygen while doing them. Five minutes do the trick for me.
CaramelKitty

Post by CaramelKitty »

Thnx all. I tried your suggestions some of the things helped them. They were afraid to try the valerian root tho.. I think they may be suffering from depression.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Lavender essential oil aromatherapy quality.
Magnesium.
Herbal sleep teas.
Vitamin B complex.
Warm milk with a sprinkle of fresh grated nutmeg, not the powdered/pre-grated stuff.
Valerian tincture on wrists.
Relaxation.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

The magnesium 500 mg is the nighttime type has also more things added hopflower extract, vitamin B6, vitamin E and Melatonin.
https://www.medikamente-per-klick.de/im ... 8425_g.jpg
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

I take Melatonin. It helps a lot. Usually for me 20 mg helps me get and stay asleep. Melatonin comes in 5 and 10 mg versions. So you can vary your dosage until you find the right amount. Don't recommend more than 20 mg though.
Anubisa

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”