Motivation

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
CloudedMoon

Motivation

Post by CloudedMoon »

Hey again. Have any of you ever felt lack of motivation towards material gain and daily tasks generally as the result of spiritual work and eventual abundance you manifest within? You know you have everything within you although externally you have almost nothing aside from shelter, clothes and food. There would be things in your life that could be improved, you should go for it but you lack energy and motivation to act upon it.

This may be relieving for those who have already achieved things in their lives and then simplified their lifestyle but for a person who would want to experience life aside from being a sheltered kid... it's just depressing. I can swing between depressive anger or denial and this feeling of eternal abundance; there's no rush or anything but simply feeling connection to all and your own presence. The latter mentioned is wonderful, but first one is more likely to make me act, although rarely there are as desired results as when I've acted when calm. I want to enjoy the positive feelings while they last but since I can't trust my own energy level staying the same for longer than few days, it's hard to make plans for life or trust my own ability to stay independent. I don't want to become a person who expects others to bring everything to them like for a spoiled kid, but that's usually how spiritual people are perceived: lazy. And I admit that's also my own problem. Feels like I'd need to attach some sort of battery on myself to give that extra energy everytime when needed (no energy drinks though :D).
I do shielding and adjust it so that shouldn't be a problem. Draining people can't be avoided but I get (a lot) personal time whenever possible. I try eating healthy and getting enough sleep. I aim to be specific in my goals and focus on the positive. What am I missing? Has anyone struggled with similar problem? How can you manifest a stable flow of positive energy that keeps you motivated?
T'a Nuk

Re: Motivation

Post by T'a Nuk »

It isn't physical CloudedMoon, it's a mindset. We are dynamic vibrations rather than solid forms and being so we are subject to the vibes around us, some obviously stronger than others. The bliss you experience after spiritual endeavors doesn't go away, they just get 'shouted down' by the louder disturbing vibes put forth by others. You are wise for seeking to extend your bliss, and it can be done not by blocking or reflecting but rather by letting them pass through you. Drop a stone in water, the stone passes through but does not change or become the water, and the water calms to remain itself. In medicine this is called homeostasis, the natural balance. Spiritual homeostasis is actually simple in theory, though at times difficult in practice. When assaulted, recognize the tone of the vibe, see it, release it, do not let it linger or take root. Sounds silly, but with practice becomes the norm. Also seek like minds. Your vibrations will automatically tune to frequencies similar to yours if you allow it to be so. Often all I need are 3 breaths and a humorous remark either silently or out loud. Humor is awesome for this. Recognize that ignorance is rampant and it is not your fault. You owe nobody any explanations or excuses. Your bliss is yours, with time you will vibrate in such a way that you will become a 'beacon' and therefore sensitive but impervious to negative trash. Smile alot, touch the Earth as much as you can, and create beauty enthusiastically and unreservedly. You will get there, you are so close!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've been "materially, socially & status unmotivated" all my life, to the aggravation of family and associates. Yet I've supported myself, have a home sufficient to keep the rain off, clothes to cover my body and thankfully food enough, and transportation. I am motivated by comfort. I don't like being cold or wet and hungry, or in loud noise.

Contentment is sufficient, and I can devote my energies to stuff that interests me, at my own sluggish pace. I'm not brilliant or blessed with amazing talent. I have some physical limitations to work around. I enjoy what I'm doing. My Craft is not a burden and I keep it simple. I spend a year or so studying one topic at a time, as long as it interests me. So far my energy is not too high or too low, but hums along at a moderate pace and is flexible enough for ups and downs that pop up. I suppose I'm boring as heck to onlookers, but being interested and keeping things simple let's me plod to my own drumbeat.

Being interested in a thing is motivation. It refreshes the mind and spirit. When I just can't muster the oomph to be interested, I find moderate exercise breaks the stagnation. Then I walk,look at bugs and leaves, listen to birds & inhale scents so the fog lifts. Mint is a great fog buster.

Edit - T'a Nuk, you make sense.
CloudedMoon

Post by CloudedMoon »

You both have good points. I agree on humor and what you said about ignorance T'a Nuk. SpiritTalker, we deal with it similarly, at least those times I'm able to find contentment in how you describe it there's ray of hope for motivation arising as well.

Perhaps only thing I partly disagree on is the "motivation isn't physical but a mindset" since in mind-body-spirit part it's still connected to physical. Having realistic goals increases motivation but rarely my interests and what's realistic (for me) work well together. Ambition vs "status and wealth are fake" is another really nice swing which usually ends up into catastrophic thinking or feeling trapped into the mundane daily work instead of making something special out of this lifetime.
I've spent lots of time talking myself back on my feet after every failure though, even if it meant making humor out of catastrophic thinking or saying "it's bad already, what could get worse - let's try again and enjoy the adventure!" there I agree it is a mindset.

Thanks for the feedback!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

... "making something special out of this lifetime"... What's your private definition of special? Who's definitions influenced yours? A lot of us struggle against spiritual pollution by Disney...if it doesn't sparkle or sing and dance, it's not "special enough". The zing just isn't there. Lest we forget, if we don't find it within ourselves, we will never find without. Just getting to know our own divinity within is what makes everything special. It becomes a peaceful reality. Or maybe I'm having a zen moment? :D
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

SpiritTalker wrote:... "making something special out of this lifetime"... What's your private definition of special? Who's definitions influenced yours? A lot of us struggle against spiritual pollution by Disney...if it doesn't sparkle or sing and dance, it's not "special enough". The zing just isn't there. Lest we forget, if we don't find it within ourselves, we will never find without. Just getting to know our own divinity within is what makes everything special. It becomes a peaceful reality. Or maybe I'm having a zen moment? :D
Zen moment or otherwise, run with it. There is wonder in the smallest things, and as we are all unique, we will see these things differently, how amazing is that? It is the smallest things that we often gain the largest inspiration from, this reminds us that the spark of creation is what is important, allowing us to achieve amazing victories. Failure is also amazing, and cheaper than college. We learn more from failure than victory if for no other reason that our failure column fills much more quickly. It gives us the opportunity to engage our focus and resources on all levels, and reach that next step. While immediate results can, and often do, suck, like everything else they are transient. Fear of failure prevents growth and depletes courage, and as a result kicks our self esteem in the butt. However, it is unrealistic to hope for a complete life without it. Rejoice in the chance to meet a challenge. Failure demands response to challenge, victory welcomes it. One of my many mantras is simply, "Keep moving".

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”