Permanent shielding?

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
CloudedMoon

Permanent shielding?

Post by CloudedMoon »

I haven't seen this anywhere yet and not sure if this is even possible. What do you think about permanent shielding for empaths and sensitive people and how would that be done? I don't mean like a normal shield which one may create specificly to shield everything that comes from negative people but may need to be lowered in other situations or something that may wear out over time, but something that would permanently decrease the amount of energies you take in unless you clearly and consciously intend otherwise.

I should probably be less lazy about doing energy work and meditations daily but can't help thinking how it sucks to be like an energetic sponge or mirror to other people instead of being able to tell exactly what's mine and what's the other persons and being able to maintain vitality in situations that are hectic or draining and still require making quick but decision-making. One time I tried it and indeed nothing could really influence me but I also became rigid, rushy and either too prejudiced or completely disconnected from what others are saying/doing/meaning for what purpose. So it didn't go as I had planned.

Am I doing it wrong or should I just accept that being born sensitive will always be sensitive therefore the necessary work must be done daily, although less sensitive people don't have to in their current lifetimes. Is permanent shielding even possible?
vassal

Re: Permanent shielding?

Post by vassal »

Not that I wish to be cheeky.. but alcohol walls me off. LoL. But I'm not convinced something can be made permanent unless you're consciously feeding it. Unless..sigil work. there are also totems and I wear charged jewelry for the purpose of shielding.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I keep a low intensity shield up all the time. I have for years. I just have a small part of my intent permanently tuned to maintaining my shield. If I was thinking to let something through, I can. I just focus on allowing that one thing.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think you noted the down side of strong shielding. It totally blocks the sensitivity we've come to rely on. That's like flying blind. A soft shield,like Snow said low intensity, works for me too. It's just always there in the back of my mind (literally the back of my neck) when im with people. Also visualizing a blue star on the forehead of toxic people neutralizes their impact. It takes maintenance but becomes automatic, like grounding. I've used a charged hematite pendant to ground me and deflect incoming barrages. If you find a way, set a convex mirror up high to deflect.

Have you noticed Trump's press secretary? She's totally shielded during public encounters.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

I'm with you Snowcat, intent and focus are paramount, focus your intent for where it's needed during the day. I'm usually alone during the day so I don't have the pleasure of "Any" company. I do keep it focused for a couple of usful cantrips I know.
CloudedMoon

Post by CloudedMoon »

Thanks for the replies. Agreed on "flying blind", sometimes I do exaggerate with the intensity just to keep all highly draining and negative away as a part of my emotional cleansing. When younger I did lower intensity ones pretty naturally but how these things were considered imaginary and childish back then made me feel insecure eventually dropping all shields. -_-

Imagining a blue star on toxic people, never heard of that one! Could as well try something similar.
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

Last edited by Firebird on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please remove your tapatalk signature

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”