Adrenal Fatigue/Exhaustion

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
AllJet

Adrenal Fatigue/Exhaustion

Post by AllJet »

Hi Everyone, I hope this is an acceptable place to post this, as I couldn't find a separate health forum.

Does anyone here have experience with treating and overcoming their own adrenal fatigue? I have yet to be diagnosed. I'm looking for a naturopath in my town but the good ones all have waiting lists.

I have been experiencing intense and unrelenting fatigue and exhaustion since I turned about 14. So I've been dealing with this for over a decade. My GP is very nonchalant about the issue because I'm "high functioning". At first we thought it was the antidepressants/depression, so I've changed pills multiple times. I finally feel like I've overcome my depression and I am going off the pills now (under my GP's supervision). Then she blamed my diet, so I've improved my diet. Then she blamed my lack of exercise, I started exercising more, then she said it wasn't enough, so now I exercise every day. No improvement. I discussed it with my psychologist, who thinks I have adrenal exhaustion.

If anyone else has any experience with this, I would love to chat and hear your story.
You are the miracle you have been waiting for
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Adrenal Fatigue/Exhaustion

Post by Firebird »

AllJet wrote: My GP is very nonchalant about the issue because I'm "high functioning".
How frustrating when your doctor just shrugs their shoulders. It's not them that has to battle this so they give up? Grrrrr, I would pester the heck out of them. Have they run every other blood test that may rule this out like...epstiens barr? chronic hepatitis? thyroid issues? iron deficiency? Food alergies almost took me out, could it be that?
Get on their case...they work for you, not the other way around as some practitioners would have you beleive.
Wishing you the best :D
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Do you drink caffeine or take any stimulants?

The adrenals are part of the endocrine system, which communicates hormones through the body. If it began when you were 14, I'm guessing that it's related to a blockage created by puberty, and manifesting a few years later.

Reiki works really well on the endocrine system.

The endoctane system also works very closelY with the nervous system.

But it could also be something else. I'm officially not a doctor yet :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I have a friend who's had adrenal imbalance since a kidney op some years ago. Plus, he's a combat vet.

Sleep is an infrequent luxury. Sometimes it ain't pretty.

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I take a 250 mg adrenal cortex supplement. My functional medicine doctor gave up on me when the supplements he sells didn't help. I will pm you the information when I get home. It makes the difference for me, between functioning and near comatose. But my lab results are fine, so I'm fine. Yeah. Right.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

That'd be great, Snow. Yeah, the Ambien makes him loopy, asks me what we talked about the night before (now, I could get very creative with that, lol).

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”