Herbal Healing

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Nature Dude

Herbal Healing

Post by Nature Dude »

Just figured I'd start a topic in one of my favorite areas: healing! :D

Well, to start out, your intentions while you're healing someone should be pure: don't think of what they'll owe you once you help them, picture instead how their life will be better, and how good you'll both feel once they are.

I use garlic quite a bit, along with mint (but not together, that would be wrong, somehow! :wink: ), and my favrite two herbs are thyme and basil. But really, if you feel a connection to a particular herb, while cooking or just smelling it, use it! I tend to use my cooking as magic, and have learned that even the more unlikely herbal and food combinations can still be quite tasty if you focus on your magical goal while selecting your ingredients.

Also, don't shy away from dried, grocery store herbs. Fresh, or prepared by *you* are always the best, but others will work. A wonderful thng about herbal magic is herbs are simple to grow, and wonderfully fragrant once established a little! In fact, my most pleasant move was when I had a container full of basil in the back of my car! It smelled wonderful in there for days!

Thank you for reading all this, and I hope to talk with some of you soon! If you want more specifics, please contact me! Blessed Be!

Rick
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I don't know much about herbs, but I've had some good experience with energy healings. I had one guy heal me all the way from England. I hired him online, never met him. It worked though, and I was happy for it. I tried Reiki too, in person with the healer who was a friend of mine, but my results were not quite as good.

moonlit

Post by moonlit »

are healing rituals really hard?
**Nothing is set in stone**
Nature Dude

Post by Nature Dude »

Well, that's a pretty broad question. For the most part, they aren't very complicated, but, as with most spells, it depends on your goal.

For something like maintaining your health, or getting rid of the flu, it can be something quite simple: preparing a tea from herbs that you've blessed to making up a bath using stones you've cleansed and charged for healing (best ones I've found have been orange, not sure what kind..). For something more serious, a longer ritual might work better. It wouldn't necessarily be more complicated, I mean, if you're concentrating more on getting the ritual right than in focusing on your goal, you probably won't get quite the results you wanted.

As mentioned, there are other methods of healing, and there is probably one that would fit your ritual needs. Also, make sure the person you intend to heal (if not yourself) wants to be healed before you start. If they want to, you could even have them help in preparation and charging items. There will be a ton of sites out there to check out, but if you need help or suggestions, just let everyone know!

Rick
fauna9

Post by fauna9 »

Nature Dude - I am into herbs also...How do you prefer to use your herbs? Do you like combinations or do you like to concentrate on a single herb? Do you use whole herbs in a sachet, powder them, make condensers, tea...?
At the moment I use a same single or double sample just with whatever I am working on at the time, but I would love to broaden my horizons...
Thanks for any ideas
Nature Dude

Post by Nature Dude »

Hey Fauna!

I usually use mine fresh or freshly dried. Like if I don't have my own herbs that I can use, I sometimes pick some up at the store and use or dry those.

I usually use a mix of them, and either make teas, or food with them. I've been looking into getting something to extract essential oils, too, but haven't had the cash quite yet. :)

I've also made some sachets up, but being a guy, I usually can't get away w/ too much scent every day. But around the house, it works fine! I also have set up some herb mixes in the corners using representatives of the elements (cinnamon = fire = south, etc.) to set up wards around the house against fire, burglars, whatever you wish.

Hope this helps a little!

Blessed Be!

Rick
anythingbutnormal

Post by anythingbutnormal »

You know how you were talking about the basil in the back of your car? Well, basil grows like crazy. It's probablly one of the best herbs to start growing, because it grows and grows and grows. So does mint. My grandmothers entire back yard is COVERED with mint. And I'm not talking about the tiny little sprigs of mint, this stuff is THREE FEET TALL. I transplanted it in my back yard, and you can smell it in the house. It livens up those sticky summer days like *that*. Plus, I use it in a lot of my spells so its really good for me to have it. The only people who complain are the kids who like to cut through my backyard, but who needs them? I auctually get more compliments than complaints.
Nature Dude

Post by Nature Dude »

Yeah, know what you mean! Last spring I got pretty sick and got a hyacinth for just a little boost, since I hadn't started the basil yet. It really helped!

What other herbs or flowers do you have growing?

Blessed Be!

Rick
anythingbutnormal

Post by anythingbutnormal »

okay heres my list from last summer. I dry the herbs and I have them hanging in my kitchen.
Lavender
mint&basil(duh)
thyme
rosemary
sage
Marjoram
patchouli
lemon balm
chamomile
Theres a rose bush that was there before I moved here, the old owners planted it.
I also grow strawberries, melons, and my compost pile almost always grows tomatoes along with different other assorted plants.
How about you?
Nature Dude

Post by Nature Dude »

Wow, nice! Sounds like you have a really cool place! :)

I only have basil, catnip, daffodils, aloe vera, and an onion growing right now, but once it gets a little warmer, I'm going to start lavender, rosemary, an avocado plant, hot peppers, nasturtiums, sage, mint, parsley, thyme, chamomile, and garlic, and then I'm going to get some dill, chickweed and cinquefoil once they start growing again.

I know some of these aren't herbs, but can still be used for spells or wards. Nettle is actually a really good protections plant, if you can manage it! Any thoughts for the rest of us? Thanks!

Blessed Be!

Rick
Dancing_Moon_Child

My favorite herbs....

Post by Dancing_Moon_Child »

AHHHHH.....herbs........love the smell outside my house.
Wouldn't be caught dead without White Sage (if you bring evil into my home I smudge you right out the door)....Lavender Vera (helps me sleep and banishes bad dreams), Peppermint (wonderful for upset stomachs and headaches), Feverfew (for migraines that my friends get), basil (lol, I'm Italian), Eucalyptus(well, its just beautiful), and patchouli (I'm an old hippy and old habits die hard).
I'm trying all new herbs this year too......got a great catalog from
moountain valley growers in Squaw Valley, CA. give them a look up on the web and they'll send you a catalog. They have some great medicinal and craft herbs in there that are hard to find.

Happy growing,
Dancing Moon Child
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
Anon

"A wee child toddling in a wonder world, I prefer to their dogma my excursions into
the natural gardens where the voice of the Great Spirit is heard in the twittering of
birds, the rippling of mighty waters, and the sweet breathing of flowers. If this is
Paganism, then at present, at least, I am a Pagan."
Zitkala-Sa (Sioux)
Moon Unit

Post by Moon Unit »

You know it's funny it used to bother me until a year ago that my mom was always burning white sage around the house. But once I truly let go of the mainstream idea of acceptable religion/lifetstyle and started living life the way I saw fit, I find I really enjoy it. Especially since I got pregnant, lol. I think I reacted so badly to it before becasue I was going thru and an extremely negative period of my life and MAN did I need cleansed (I was living with an abusive alcoholic who used our son as a weapon against me).

Now that I found my soul mate, even tho the rest of my life is in the crapper I have never been so happy in my life. Just goes to show ya what a positive mindset can do for you, and the morning glory and strawberry-melon essential oils I simmer certainly help!

~Moon Unit~

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”