Energy work in rituals

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
naomij

Energy work in rituals

Post by naomij »

Hi, I am very new to all this so please forgive me if I ramble or ask silly questions.

I was wondering if/how others might incorporate their energy work into their own rituals/spells/wiccan practice, or maybe you treat these as separate things?

I decided to try my first ritual today. I was left feeling crappy after seeing ex and a stressful day at work. I tried to push it to the back of my mind, but the negative, draining feeling kept coming up. So I had a search here and elsewhere and merged some different things together to make a simple little ritual which suited me. It basically involved floral scent, a basic goddess themed altar, a blue candle, a simple mantra/visualisation and meditation.

I didn't really plan on bringing reiki into it, although I knew I'd like to open/close chakras as part of a ritual aimed at making me feel safe and protected. I don't practice reiki as often as I should, but as I meditated it just seemed right and now I feel much better.

As I ended the ritual with a visualisation, the wick-end fell out of the upturned tealight I had been using to burn an incense cone on. Literally at the very second I started the visualisation to end, the noise made me jump! It was like the tealight was saying - yep, you're done, and I suggest buying yourself a proper incense dish asap!

I guess I just felt like sharing really, and also asking for reassurance that mixing reiki into a wiccan ritual isn't wrong in some way...?
blue_moon

Re: Energy work in rituals

Post by blue_moon »

I don't know about wiccan - but to me "mixing" is what magick is!

You little ritual truly seemed to be the right one for you - and I'd also see the popping down of the wik thing as a materialisation of you spells energy.

Thanks for sharing
BB

Blue Moon
naomij

Post by naomij »

thank you for the wise words, and yes I think wicca specifically might not be for me. this forum is so informative and browsing it has suggested lots of things to read. I think I have a very pagan outlook on life, but wicca is too restrictive. I would feel superficial just picking up its practices, but energy/magick feels natural.

I don't know why it seems important to be able to label things!
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

I don't know either naomij - I always wanted to name it somthing but 20 years ago internet just started out and it was hard to get any infomation about anything if you couldn't name.
Now I call it witchery and it feels right even though it seems so general.
BB

Blue Moon
SilverWort

Post by SilverWort »

naomij wrote:I guess I just felt like sharing really, and also asking for reassurance that mixing reiki into a wiccan ritual isn't wrong in some way...?
I'm not Wiccan but ... Reiki can't harm anybody or anything.
naomij wrote:thank you for the wise words, and yes I think wicca specifically might not be for me. this forum is so informative and browsing it has suggested lots of things to read. I think I have a very pagan outlook on life, but wicca is too restrictive. I would feel superficial just picking up its practices, but energy/magick feels natural.

I don't know why it seems important to be able to label things!
If you think that, search for another path, or have no path at all. You can take practices, rituals, or whatever you want from different knowledge sources. That has a label too, eclecticism.
blue_moon wrote:I don't know either naomij - I always wanted to name it somthing but 20 years ago internet just started out and it was hard to get any infomation about anything if you couldn't name.
Now I call it witchery and it feels right even though it seems so general.
I call it witchery too, or witchcraft. You can practise it without paths, religions or deities.
naomij

Post by naomij »

I'm not Wiccan but ... Reiki can't harm anybody or anything...
smileylove exactly why I love it.
If you think that, search for another path, or have no path at all. You can take practices, rituals, or whatever you want from different knowledge sources. That has a label too, eclecticism...
do you know, I think I used the work eclectic in my intro - I must have read it somewhere and it seemed about right.
I call it witchery too, or witchcraft. You can practise it without paths, religions or deities...
I like that. eclectic witchery seems about right.
Thank you
Tigris Shadow

Post by Tigris Shadow »

I have been drawn to and practice Wicca, Reiki and Shamanism. I constantly see similarities between them all in philosophy and practice. I believe they are all connected and it all comes down to intent. You're following your heart and your instincts - it works beautifully together :)
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

I am not Wiccan, so I can't comment on how Wiccans would view this. I am an eclectic green witch. I am also a Reiki master. Everytime I meditate I also let the Reiki flow. Everytime I raise energy, it is Reiki or has Reiki in the mix. And personally I have found this to be powerfully effective. There is no harm. And there are great benefits. Namaste.
Myrth
citrine

Post by citrine »

Everything in the end that we all do within the craft or any other practices is ultimately the energy work. No matter the tradition, as long as it works it works ;)
Saol na saol, tús go deireadh. Tá muid beo go deo.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”