Chronic Illnesses / Invisible Illnesses

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Sakura Blossom

Re: Chronic Illnesses / Invisible Illnesses

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Wow, I'm glad that they listened to you. They should listen anytime something like this comes up. You work in the medical field, don't you Snow? Is there anything you can do to report this? That sounds like it was near negligence on the anesthesiologists part. I'm really glad you're okay and that they didn't do it!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Anesthesiologists are the worst. They really tend to have a god complex. Had he insisted on intubation and gas after I refused, with my husband sitting right there, I would have been suing fir malpractice.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I would too! That's ridiculous. I'm really glad that you were okay. I'm pretty mad with my ER I went to a few weeks ago because I told them up front that there was a strong chance i was dehydrated and that was part of why what was going on that night happened. I asked a few times for fluids because they got an IV into me but never did anything with it other than put in medication and draw some blood. I knew I was dehydrated too as it happens A LOT with my POTS but they just dismissed it.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

bastetsha

Post by bastetsha »

Sakura Blossom wrote:bastetsha - I think it's wonderful you're not letting a diagnosis such as Paranoid Schizophrenia interfere with your wish to follow this path. As I struggle with mental illness myself (though not schizophrenia I am a bit versed in that as well) I fully understand how it can be difficult to work with certain aspects because it may "trigger" some unwanted side effects. The fact that you're aware of this already shows that you're doing a wonderful job in managing your symptoms and not letting the illness rule your life. There's no reason why you shouldn't follow the path you love because of something that you have. Mental illness or any illness doesn't define anyone nor should it rule someone's life. (: This makes me very happy to see~
And your positive attitude about your family as well. It's a very important lesson to learn when you deal with something like this. Too much stigma surrounds mental illness these days. ): It's very upsetting but having a positive attitude will help immensely.
Thank you for your kind words. It can be hard keeping a positive attitude but I am handling better than I did a few years ago. I finally feel free to carefully open myself to this path I am on and I am learning so much that just fits. This forum is a blessing. :D
Daughter of Bast smileylove
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I'm really glad to hear that! :D Mental illness, as you of course know, is not going to always be easy but you're on the right track to handling it very well. It usually takes people a lot longer. (:

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”