Energy or spells?

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
EmberMau

Energy or spells?

Post by EmberMau »

I don't like to ask for help but I here I am.
Most of my friends would describe me as strong, creative, social and very caring. I became really serious in my practice about 2 years ago when I decided to take huge steps in improving my life 360*. It was an incredible turn around with which everything was a success and it seemed I could do anything. My health, financial well being and life seemed to be moving in the direction I wanted. And then.... almost a year from my success things took a turn for the worst. Job first, the living situation, then relationship....you get the picture.

Through all this I have been as strong as possible but at times I feel as if my entire life energy and soul has been lifted out of me. I am thankful that I have a couple friends that have shared their positive encouragements and the remains of hope left in me have been motivating me to not give up. The best way to describe the way I feel is that I am not who I know myself to be. In a metaphorical manner it's as if someone stole my superpowers!! lol

As a runner I took pride in running fast, now I am happy if I can get out of bed to walk!
I have been a artist/painter for the last 15 years, now ... I want to throw out my canvas!

It seems like I may be dealing with a life crisis or something? I even went to the Dr. to make sure my physical health wasn't suffering! I have had little energy for magic but I really want to try something. I don't like giving up :)

Can anyone lend advice? Healing magick or spells? My sister mentioned to me about wearing an "evil eye" pendant but I am not sure I feel I need protection from anyone, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt. Any suggestions?
:flyingwitch:
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Energy or spells?

Post by Seraphin »

Hiya EmberMau,

It's really fine to ask for help. This is what has kept us going on our journey. Asking for help takes acceptance and love from ourselves and from people around us to help us heal and recover.

Last three years, I was like you. I had a problem with the same nature. "As if someone also stole my mutant powers." :lol:I took everything in stride until about four or six months later, I just felt really, really depressed and demotivated. I felt like I was imprisoned in an environment where there are bunch of folks, entities, spirits and energies who were infinitely doing their utmost to make my life miserable. All situations and outcomes I was experiencing are unfair, frustrating and TERRIBLE! I felt that I was surrounded by authoritative, bullying, nagging and latently manipulative and sadistic beings. :lol:

Grrr...It felt like I really want to grab a fire extinguisher and I want to spray those NASTIES with it!!!

That's the moment I realized I could no longer ignore the problem. That was when I remembered a lecture about self-healing through visualization during a seminar I had attended.

Every morning at 4 a.m., I would meditate, lying down on the bed. I would follow step by step the simple method of self-healing. I would take at least three deep breaths and relax my body from head to feet, until I reach the meditative state.

At that point I would feel a tingling sensation all over my body, then I would focus on my house. I would visualize that I was cleaning my house, dusting off my furniture and sweeping my floor (the dust and dirt that I was removing represents my negative thoughts and feelings) and would mentally order it repeatedly . Then I would shift my focus on some depressing and demotivating memories. I would allow myself to see the episodes completely different –- like I visualized myself as a happy, vibrant being, laughing and throwing confettis in my room (hee... No, kidding... Just something like that halfsm). Weird? Yeah, but it had literally changed my thoughts and feelings that time.

I also love to document everything so I started to create my happiness journal. Every night, I would record all the good things happened to me, which I find meaningful during the entire day, and in the last part of the journal, I would list down all the things I need to improve on. I didn't label those things as "the bad things" or "my misfortunes".

In less than a week, I was able to continue my life again without pains and other negativities. I had less worries and negative feelings. I could effectively deal with daily stressors, and I always looked forward to the next day.

Anyhow, I'm fervently hoping you feel the supportive energy coming your way and that it will wrap around you and serve as a protection while you're going through this situation.

Please keep us posted.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
EmberMau

Post by EmberMau »

I don't think picturing yourself happy is weird. In fact, some of these methods I have used before and they are successful. I feel part of the problem might be that I am living in a situation that isn't helpful and I don't know how to get myself out of it. I don't have a lot of support. No family, friends can't help and I am not working a good job to get myself on my feet enough to move. I felt like my "superpowers" before were partly in my positive strength to move forward and overcome my obstacles.
I know I am depressed and I am really not trying to make it seem like everything is impossible because it really isn't. I guess I am just frustrated with my circumstances.
I really feel good just knowing that someone else can relate to me and that in your circumstances you have found a way out. It makes things seem more hopeful and that maybe I will through some means of training my mind to think on it differently, find my own door that leads to brighter thoughts and feelings.

Thanks Seraphin, I would like to try meditating and journaling too.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

EmberMau wrote:I don't think picturing yourself happy is weird. In fact, some of these methods I have used before and they are successful. I feel part of the problem might be that I am living in a situation that isn't helpful and I don't know how to get myself out of it. I don't have a lot of support. No family, friends can't help and I am not working a good job to get myself on my feet enough to move. I felt like my "superpowers" before were partly in my positive strength to move forward and overcome my obstacles.
Yeah, I know. Hahaha..Just messing around :D .

Deflection can be done; I think it just takes a while to find the easiest and most comfortable way of doing that (such as shielding) and then becoming so accustomed to using that tactic or skill -- deflection is a skill, is it not? -- that you no longer have to put much thought into it.

I'm just saying finding a way to be less impacted by these unhelpful, non-supportive and other unwanted energies is entirely do-able. Just might take some time to get to a point where you're not having to consciously erect and maintain your shields. I think it helps, too (or it does me, anyway) to acknowledge and feel grateful for the more pleasant aspects of being a fragile human, like the ability to be placed in the darkness in order for you to see the light.

Going to some silent place can help too. I don't know if this works for others but in stillness, I'm able to hear myself better and connect with all that's hidden within me. Every sorrow, every thought held captive floats to the surface and when it does, I catch it, contemplate with it and try to find the solutions to the many problems that come with it.

Not an easy task to do, and not a comfortable one actually. But it was while I was in a quiet place that I had found myself living in place beyond words. In those breathless and set-apart moments, nothing changed, and yet everything suddenly changed. When I took the time to step back and be still, relieving myself of the mundane demands of the world and the voices that drown me out, I learned to see the world and my life with new eyes.

What I realized is unless you make a conscious effort to break away from all of these vampiric entities that sucks your superpowers, you'll definitely burn out. :mrgreen:
EmberMau wrote: I know I am depressed and I am really not trying to make it seem like everything is impossible because it really isn't. I guess I am just frustrated with my circumstances.
I really feel good just knowing that someone else can relate to me and that in your circumstances you have found a way out. It makes things seem more hopeful and that maybe I will through some means of training my mind to think on it differently, find my own door that leads to brighter thoughts and feelings.

Thanks Seraphin, I would like to try meditating and journaling too.
I feel blessed I found my way here at EUTM. Discussions here are, for the most part, very informative, respectful, non-judgmental and above all INSPIRATIONAL!

I'm just happy we're both here at EUTM. Some folks "out there" can be SO hurtful and unhelpful!

Maybe we could go in halfsies on the liquor company stock..? Hmm... Maybe not -- we might drink away our profits! :mrgreen:

Just remember EmberMau, our path isn't necessarily a straight line; there are many, many forks and crossroads, and the terrain is often quite uneven. Sometimes it's important to stop and rest, other times it's better to just set off into the wilderness without a clear path ahead. Just watch out for the beasts and storms.

If there's a storm or we've found ourselves surrounded by wolves, obviously it's going to take a lot more effort and probably won't be quite so enjoyable. But at the end of the day, we'll always be relieved when we finally made our way out of those tough places, and they've made us stronger for having struggled through them.

Anyway, gotta scoot... If you need someone to talk to or just need to vent about something that's bothering you, feel free to PM me.
Seraphin

EmberMau

Post by EmberMau »

Thank you for all your advice and support. I feel relieved that I took a chance and opened up.
Deflection can be done; I think it just takes a while to find the easiest and most comfortable way of doing that (such as shielding) and then becoming so accustomed to using that tactic or skill -- deflection is a skill, is it not? -- that you no longer have to put much thought into it.

I'm just saying finding a way to be less impacted by these unhelpful, non-supportive and other unwanted energies is entirely do-able. Just might take some time to get to a point where you're not having to consciously erect and maintain your shields. I think it helps, too (or it does me, anyway) to acknowledge and feel grateful for the more pleasant aspects of being a fragile human, like the ability to be placed in the darkness in order for you to see the light.

This is so true Seraphin. I agree totally!
I guess I have always tried to be the strong one. I used to practice a shield and deflecting method and it was very useful but perhaps I need to learn when to use it.
Strangely, after you responded to my post, I had some friends tell me that I have to "learn to accept the help they offer" and "not to be so stubborn". lol
It was kind of an echo and a positive one. Maybe this is the light? :)
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Yay! I said something useful! hee hee and aha! I think you are now starting to see the light! I would suggest you to follow it! :)

If I might add, smoky quartz is also good for self-healing. Though, it requires a great deal of mindfulness and being in the present moment for me to work with or even handle the stone. I really love the stuff, but I can't just plunk it in my pocket or use or handle it casually. But it is really good in transmuting negativity into positivity; just sharing how I personally respond to this particular type of stone.

Oh and if you like, I'll send you the self-healing meditation I used. :mrgreen:
Seraphin

EmberMau

Post by EmberMau »

I have been using just a plain quartz and having looking at nearby stores for a sardonyx stone but haven't found one yet. I am sure I can come across the smoky quartz easier.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Plain quartz is excellent, in part because you can charge the crystal with intent -- for instance, I struggle with demotivation and restlessness so I assign the quartz the intent of it supporting my emotional and mental energy.
Seraphin

EmberMau

Post by EmberMau »

Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Oooh... I missed your response EmberMau. How are you feeling now? Much better?
Seraphin

EmberMau

Post by EmberMau »

Ah, sorry for the delay. Things are getting better. I celebrated my birthday May 3. So I haven't been able to post in awhile.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Aww I missed it! :P

Well then, hey, we'll just have to have another party here! smiley_dance

Happy birthday, EmberMau! Don't think of this as belated; think of it as a continuation... :mrgreen:
Seraphin

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”