Watching Mom waste away... :~(

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Wasn't sure where to put this... :|
Going out tomorrow to take Mom out shopping...
January Mom was diagnosed with a mass in her lung, is cancer...inoperable ::darkmood::
In the time since she's been here she dropped 30+lbs, she's skin and bones,
on hospice, she has no energy at all...she goes from Unc's house to her motor home in yard
and she's out of breath :( I'm going to stay 'til Friday Mom wants me to come see what I
want out of her motor home (her home). She's "parting out her life" per se...
I'm not ready !!! :cry:
It was just a year ago there was something there when I hugged her, now I can't hug to
tight cause it hurts.
In the winter time she normally goes south side of Salton Sea, Ca with the rest of the snowbirds.
Since she's on oxygen and her solar converter is broke there is no electricity, not to mention
she doesn't have the energy to drive-ANYWHERE !!!
She's already sent her dog up north to live with her friend, Mom didn't even have the energy
to walk Shilo...so instead her friend took her since she has property, a pond and lots of squirrels.
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Celticgladiator

Post by Celticgladiator »

so sorry to hear your pain. it's a tough thing to watch. sending good thoughts your way.
Holdasown

Re: Watching Mom waste away... :~(

Post by Holdasown »

So sorry for your situation.
lilmizsunshine727

Post by lilmizsunshine727 »

So sorry to hear this, you're in my thoughts and always welcome to PM me if you need to talk :)

BB,
Lil
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. -William Shakespeare
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi MsMollimizz, I am sending you light. ...The end of life care can be so stressful and can drain ones energy physically and mentally and even spiritually. Please remember to take care of yourself, :kiss: so that you can be there for her when she needs you. Don't be afraid to ask for help. This transition ..of course.. is a path we all walk, but when it's your Mom, our own mortality, our place in the world, the order of things, all come into question. Strength and peace be with you my friend, Love to your Mom and light of the Lady be graced upon your side, that she will support you in times of greatest need. I am sad with you and sorry this is happening now. Please feel free to pm me if you need to talk. Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers my friends, she only came to spend the week-end but when she got here she was so comfortable she decided to take me up on the offer of staying with me. She was getting abit uncomfortable at her brother's place...he was probably thinking about his own mortality with her there ???
Oh well, I'd rather have her with me, then I didn't have to go out there and leave my hubby(semi-disabled) alone for a few days. Not that he objected me going out there (he'd had better not!)
We just went out to get some of her stuff, clothes and slippers, oxygen tanks etc.
Last few days I've been telling her I love her and it's almost brought us both to tears...
Gentle White Light
sent to you all :)
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”