Energy makes me want to nap?

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Fallen Moon

Energy makes me want to nap?

Post by Fallen Moon »

Sorry for the silly-sounding title, I couldn't think of anything else. This is a problem I've had for a while now, but it only just occurred to me to ask for input today. I've always had exhaustion issues whether or not I've hit a bout of insomnia, and I'm still trying to figure out the root of it (the doctor's used to think it was due to anemia, but that's been resolved and the tiredness problem persists). I've noticed that I can have all the energy in the universe at my disposal, but as soon as I decide I want to do something with it it's as if I go on energy lock-down. Instead of being eager to do something my mind goes a bit foggy and I feel like taking nap. This is getting very frustrating and I'm not sure what the cause is. It doesn't happen all the time, and I can still overcome it and get my work done, but it can be a real chore because my mind doesn't seem to want to focus and stay there, and it'll try to find something else to distract me with. I know it's not because of a lack of energy on any level since I usually save it for the days I'm not working and therefore have been able to get plenty of sleep. I also practice meditation and if I try to meditate and then do something I get distracted by the meditating and forget my original intention and wind up doing something else afterwards.

Sorry if this didn't make sense! Any input would be welcome. Blessings :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Energy makes me want to nap?

Post by Firebird »

Could be physical,...have you seen a Dr. lately? Maybe some blood work is in order, Not to sound like a bummer or anything but it may be a kind of ADD.
Keep meditating with a focal point, when you go side track,... open your eyes and be reminded by the focal point. Good Luck and let us know how you are progressing. BB, Iris
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Fallen Moon

Re: Energy makes me want to nap?

Post by Fallen Moon »

It's been a while since I've been to a doctor and I would like to get my blood work done again, but I don't think this is the problem. All of my levels were fine the last time I had any work done and the issue was still there. I have given thought to the ADD thing though. Until I can get in to see someone and find out for sure I can only speculate on that being the cause (whether it's all or part of it). Usually music is my focal point, even if it's just to clear my mind, so maybe next time instead of having the music in the back ground for a working I'll keep my headphones on and pick something to help me maintain my focus. Thanks for the insight and your reply, Firebirdflys! Blessings :)

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”