Small infection

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
tilarium

Small infection

Post by tilarium »

Anyone know of a good way of dealing with a small infection on the side of my finger, right where the nail is? My cat ended up sticking me before work and it got dirty during work. The finger is really tender to the touch, red, and can see the area where the puss is. I used to get this from time to time as a kid, to which my mom's solution was to poke it with a needle and squeeze it out. Needless to say, I don't want to do that!
Elluir

Re: Small infection

Post by Elluir »

Aspirating it - with the needle - is actually what a lot of docs will do, their way will be mostly painless and sterile, prolly now how it would get done at home.

I know you want an easy solution - but because your cat was involved i'd get it looked at. You very well may need a little course of antibiotics. Cats, while being sweet, have a nack for have very infectious bites and scratches (~80% of cat bites will require antibiotics). I'd get it checked out at just an urgent care or something and they'll probably aspirate it, wrap it and get you some antibiotics. Just make sure you mention your cat being involved - may affect their choice of drug.

Elluir
Resident Expert Warlock on Pestilences and the Like
tilarium

Re: Small infection

Post by tilarium »

After yesterday at work when I sandwiched the finger between some mail and ended up in a lot of pain for half an hour I decided I should get it looked at. Going to call tomorrow morning when I get home and find a place that takes my insurance and make an appointment. Would have called today, but with the holiday, nobody wants to work.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”