Bad Knee

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
skyslide

Bad Knee

Post by skyslide »

In 2009 I fell. I tripped on a one-foot-tall wire fence as i was running my fastest. All my weight landed on my knee and part of it chipped off. It occasionally lodges itself between my joints and causes extreme pain. Every once in a while, more will chip off. Each piece is only about half a centimeter in diameter, but it hurts.

I haven't seen a doctor because I have to go to an orthopedist and for some reason they never approve the referral so I never get called in.

A couple days ago another piece chipped off. Yesterday the pain started. If I stand too long the pressure on my knee gets so bad so quick that I can't walk or stand. And it will begin to throb out of nowhere.

Any ideas of what to do? Keep oils and herbs to a minimum if you must include them, I'm short on those right now.
Tylluan

Re: Bad Knee

Post by Tylluan »

Seriously you need a doctor. Herbs and oils are great for inflammation but nothing is going to stop your bones chipping off. That sounds agony!

Rosehips may help to an extent. The rosehip extract GOPO prevents the movement of white blood cells that cause joint damage. Its also been proven to stop the body producing nitric oxide which can make inflammation worse. I don't know if you having them growing locally but they are starting to red here and can be picked soon.

I'd seriously a doctor first. If your Doctor isn't any good can you try another?

Best of luck, it sounds agony!
xx
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”