Linked to the Lines: Ley Calling and Channeling.

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Ravenwalker

Post by Ravenwalker »

I know that ley lines can be a point of contention for some, given the diluted state of the world's natural energies in this day and age, but I thought I might share a bit of my experience with the local fields. Bit of a forward, this is from the perspective of someone with over a decade's worth of practice, and tapping into forces like this can be dangerous to the untrained if the spirits of the lines decide that they don't appreciate what you're doing. Exercise caution when interacting with ley lines, always ask permission of the spirits, and be careful what you use the energy for.

That disclaimer out of the way, I'll start with some background:

I started young with the whole energy concept, it was something I did subconsciously as far back as I can remember, and didn't realize it until I turned onto the pagan path. As a child, my mother used to take me to this one site in the area, about 10 minutes out of town, consisting of a riverbed, a bridge, and two nature trails. She would take me there every weekend on her days off up until I was around age 6, when I started refusing to go (she never knew why, and I had actually blocked the place out of memory until she told me about it about two years ago, when I rediscovered the place as an adult). The place was beautiful, all but untouched once you got away from the road aside from the trails and a few scattered hunting cabins deep in the woods.

When I returned as an adult with my accumulated experience in dealing with the paranormal, it was like being hit over the head with a hammer. The energy in this place was so overwhelming that I had to take a moment to adjust. As it turns out, this site is the crossroads of two ley lines and has a few centuries of pagan practice from what I can read of its energies. I've since found other powerful sites in the area, but nothing like this. I'm talking clearly placed stone circles, trees planted and grown in perfect equidistant placement around those circles -- just stunning, really. More importantly -- and more relevant to what I'm getting to -- I could clearly sense the presence of its guardians.

I quickly realized why I refused to return as a child: the guardians of this site remembered me, and welcomed me openly to their wardship. When I was informed about my childhood visits, I pieced it all together. The spirits had welcomed me the same way as a child, and at that age I was unprepared for it and unable to process what was going on, and it had frightened me. As an adult, however, the tone was completely different. The guardian spirits knew that I had grown in knowledge, and saw it as an opportunity to reconnect with me, and for me to reconnect with them and with the land. There was nothing malevolent about the site -- if anything, it was unnaturally peaceful -- and I grew to feel very much at home on the trails. There was no question in my mind, the guardians had called me to the crossroads in a way that seldom happens, and I'll not betray that bond to the land.

Over the next several visits, I became comfortable enough to attempt to channel energy there. The result was unlike anything I had expected. Every basic technique that I used was amplified by the power of the line, from my grounding, to shielding, to projection (on one such visit, my fiancee -- who lived 45-minutes drive away at the time -- had sent me a message saying that she was cold, and with a brief thought of sending her warmth, she sent me another saying that she had broken into sweats all of a sudden). Since then, I've taken to drawing on the energy from the lines while at other locations with varying degrees of success and varied results. I've found that as long as I return to the crossing and walk the trails regularly enough, I can draw from them quite freely and that they greatly improve the results of any ritual the energy is applied to. It's been quite a fruitful relationship and one that I cherish as deeply as one with my own spiritual guardians.

Channeling the energy is either rather simple, or just something that comes so naturally to me that it appears simple; I know others have tried to tap into this site and had miserable results, but they also intended to misuse the energy. Much like going to one's own internal sacred space, I simply have to visualize myself on the trail and I can feel its power. I would almost compare it to astral travel, if it weren't for the sensation of being in two places at once -- almost a sort of translocation/displacement effect, I suppose -- as I remain conscious and aware in both places simultaneously. Once that state is reached, I can work with the energy quite freely.

Has anyone had similar experiences, positive or negative, regarding such locuses of energy?
Jonjonsalinas_

Post by Jonjonsalinas_ »

How do you think someone could go about finding a ley line? Or summoning
Bright blessings,
Jonathon
Faerie_witch

Post by Faerie_witch »

I've been working a lot with energy lately, (after realizing I could control it for the better and that the sensations I were feeling was not my imagining and that there are other people that can feel what I feel) and I am wondering if there are any techniques you use to harness energy. Most of what I do is by gut feeling and visualization, but I was wondering if you had any tips?

I've also found a very energized spot near where I live, but I never considered it being a ley line until now. I usually just go there to clear my mind and meditate. It feels almost alone in a way that seems it hasn't been touched spiritually (or energy-wise) by anyone in awhile. Any tips about this?

thanks! :wave:

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”