Help with acne...

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
izzityuri

Help with acne...

Post by izzityuri »

Thanks for clicking in.
I have pimples and a few scars on my face and my back since i was 16. That really lower my self esteem a lot and i stay indoors most of the time because i feel very inferior when i walk on the streets. It's not a very severe skin problem but it affects me so much that i worry about it everyday and wonder if any healing or glamour spell can help me to have beautiful skin. My sister has severe acne problem and nothing worked for her. It's too expensive to go to a determologist so i'm hoping if it works for me, i will do the spell for her as well.

I know spells don't cure the skin problem directly but i heard it can enhance the medication i use for it. Is it true? I googled and read some spells on it but i have no idea if it will really work. Does anyone have any effective spell for it that actually works?You can email me at sweetxvanille@yahoo.com or if you want me to write to you, please leave your email address. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Solus

Post by Solus »

Erm... Hmm... now I'm not expert on Magick and Magick Use but what you are looking for seems abit erm... well, I'd say unneeded. appearence is nothing, trust me. Don't let it get to you, I had really bad acne for awhile but it goes away. Look doing that sort of spell isn't going to help you, you'll get cocky and become miss 'look at me look at me' not to quote any awsum movies...

Look I think it was placed up somewhere else that it might be better for a self confidence spell or something. I don't know any but I'd start with getting a Tigers Eye Gemstone or Pendant and a Rose Quart wouldn't hurt either. I think that everyone needs a Rose Quart.
~Solus~

Solus is Alone in Latin
Solus is Light and Knowledge in Gaelic
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

i agree with Solus. I have terrible acne scarring, but i am trying to get over it.

p.s. I have six rose quartzes!!!lol

x..Emma..x
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

Ookay, well, I don't really have a spell for this, but I think I have some ideas that can help. :)

Up until a little less than a year ago I had a lot of problems with face & back acne... It wasn't so much severe so much as it wouldn't go away. *lol* But I looked into things that would help get rid of it, and I've managed to. Here's some stuff that I've done and found worked...

Drink a lot of water. Water flushes out the crap in your body and will help your skin feel more hydrated and it will be more healthy.

Use a SPF moisturizer. 1, getting a sun burn is really bad for skin. 2, by keeping your skin moist it will help prevent dry skin clogging your pores and creating acne.

Use ONLY OIL-FREE face and body products! I use oil free body wash, body & face moisturizer, and makeup. Stuff like that is way cheaper than it used to be, so go oil-free. It makes a world of difference.

Clip up your hair in the shower after you condition. Conditioner can clog the skin on your back and cause acne. Once you condition, rinse your hair and clip it up with a big hair clip. Then wash your back and body off really well with an oil-free body wash. (That helped me a ton!)

If you can, invest in a good skincare system. Lots of stores carry the multi-step cleanser systems, and if you can get one you should use them. I use that Pro-Active stuff, but that's not an option for everyone. My mom uses the new Neutrogena 3-step skin stuff and says she really likes it. (She has adult acne and says its helped her.)

If you can, go on the pill. If you don't think your parents would flip if they found them, taking birth control pills regulate hormone levels and can help acne. They even have special pills with extra components to help acne. (Never tired them though.) (But if you do this, make sure you're a good canidate for them. They can have negative side-effects too. Ask your doctor or planned parenthood place about such effects before you start taking them.)

And last, never go to bed with makeup on. Always wash it off! Or, if you're lazy get makeup removing cloths and rub down before going to bed.

I hope that stuff helps you... I know it did for me. I have really great skin now and I feel a lot better about going out in a tanktop and having my pic taken. *lol*
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Some good advice waterglyph. And I agree with solus too. I know it can be hard, but concentrate more on yourself as a person and not on how you look. A confidence boost is what you need. Someone once said " beauty is skin deep " and I couldn't agree with this statement more. Some of the most beautifullest people I know have a wonky nose or acne etc etc. And some of the aesthetically beautiful people I know are not nice as people. If you know what I mean. Beauty comes from inside. Warmest of blessing to you :D

hedgewitch
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Try not using soap or cleaners on your face. I stopped getting zits a couple years ago when I started washing my face with just water and no soap. I wear lots of makeup - foundation and everything and it works fine to just use a washcloth with water. I do have to use Vaseline or eye makeup remover for my eyes though and then I wash over them with the wet rag. The problem with using soap is that it dries out your skin and then your skin will OVER-produce MORE oil to compensate for it, causing acne.

I hate that you have acne. I understand how horrifying it is. I wish you could go to a dermatologist. Have you talked to your parents about how much it's affecting your self-esteem? Maybe they would be willing to take you. Don't they have health insurance? Because if they do, seeing a dermatologist is usually covered so you would only have to pay about $20 for a co-pay and then pay for the medicine, which I don't think is too much for a parent to do if their child has acne and is losing their self-confidence over it. I feel bad for you. Let us know how it goes.

GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

You might want to look up "herbal remedies acne". I did this actually a few weeks ago. You'd be surprised how much turned up. The one thing that I tried was mixing some nutmeg with milk and then putting it on your face before you go to bed at night. Do this for a while. It seemed to help, unless it was coincidence.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”