And now help for me

Post your prayer/energy requests here or design a virtual altar that you can come back to and use as a focus for your prayers, affirmations, and meditations.
Sakura Blossom

And now help for me

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I really do hate asking for help but I really need some now and have been needing positive thoughts a lot recently.

My roommate just blew a lot of stuff out of proportion with our heating situation as it always happens and I would really like positive thoughts as I try to get through this. I am living a horror story right now with how inconsiderate and uneducated this person is.

Please send me positive light and energy while I try to deal with this. I need all the support I can get.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: And now help for me

Post by SnowCat »

Breathe in. Breathe out. Document everything. Make sure the landlord knows that the other people in the house are potentially endangering his property.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

He knows about the situation but I can't say anything more because he got upset last time, unfortunately. ):

And now my roommate replied back and is once again trying to say that this is all personal. That I'm just doing this because I can't make others pay for my health. He is so uneducated and doesn't pay attention to anything... It's so frustrating and I'm documenting everything. I'm just not sure what to do anymore.

Thanks, Snow. I appreciate the calm words.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Gentle Melody

Post by Gentle Melody »

Lighting a candle right away!
It looks like you've been often stuck in such situations, it's hard but try to stay calm during those moments, for the sake of your physical and mental health, your roommate doesn't even deserve that you spend your time and energy. :)
However, it seems that your roommate doesn't want to make things easier. Maybe you could have a Stay-Away-From-Me-And-I-Will-Stay-Away-From-You pact, this way you wouldn't have to deal with your roommate's childish tantrums.

Blessings!
"If you can't let go, you will end up empty-handed
If you can't control, you'll live your life in vain"

Design Your Universe ~ Epica

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thanks! I talked to a police officer last night because I was curious about how to make him pay his full amount if he didn't but there wasn't anything legally to make him do so. However, the police officer said he was more concerned about how the roommate has been acting and explained that this was harassment and I could get the police involved if I so chose. It's nice to know that there is a last resort should I need it.

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by Xiao Rong »

Sorry about your roommate problems, Sakura! I'm glad the police officer was helpful, though, and your landlord may also have some things to say about the heating if it's getting to the point where it might freeze some pipes and require expensive repairs.

At any rate, sending positive energy your way!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

The thing is, I already got the landlord involved and that's why we're reaching into harassment territory. The police officer said that because I already did get the landlord involved and have tried to leave this situation alone but he keeps pushing it and personally attacking me, that this is why I could get the police involved if I so chose. He's blown it way, way, way out of proportion and it's ridiculous.

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Document everything the roommate says and does regarding the heat situation. If the landlord is reluctant, contact code enforcement. The landlord won't like hearing from them. He has to maintain habitable property. If that means sufficient heat, so be it. Noise ordinances exist too. I know going to war with the people you live with sounds like something out of Mob Wives, but we still want you and your parrot topside of the dirt.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I told myself I was going to remember that I needed to reply to this, but I forgot... Haha.

I'm now recording conversations (I do have a recording of their threat to me) and I'm also looking into different things that I might need later on. Thankfully the police said that I'm doing just fine and that there's nothing that can really be done. I have the right to keep doing what I'm doing and there's nothing they can say otherwise. Besides, they're hypocrites. ^_^

GodsLovingLight

Post by GodsLovingLight »

I would suggest trying to find a lawyer in your area who can offer a free consultation. Police can be helpful in some situations but when it comes to stuff like this lawyers can be more informative. Once I talked to a lawyer about a situation I was in that involved personal property. The police basically said you have 2 choices. Then I decided to see a lawyer to be sure. The lawyer said the cop was not correct and explained why. So getting info from someone who works with specific laws more thuroughly on a daily basis should be able to help you out more. A lawyer would also be able to tell you if the state you live in is one where both parties need to be aware that someone is recording the conversation and other information like that. So far it sounds like you're handling the situation really well though. I hope it all works out for you and everything gets better :)

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you very much! I'm not wanting to take it that far, so I'm going to hold off on that for now. I appreciate the input, though!

Return to “Prayer Requests”