Prayer for courage- stuck!

Many pagans and witches use prayer as a form of worship and for requesting help from deities. Share and discuss prayers here.
moonlightsonata

Prayer for courage- stuck!

Post by moonlightsonata »

For some reason I'm having a heck of a time writing a prayer for courage to either Hecate, the Morrigan, or both. Google didn't give me anything good. Anyone have one, or one that could be adapted? TIA!
Daughter of Hecate and the Morrigan
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Prayer for courage- stuck!

Post by SpiritTalker »

I don't have any text, but it might be helpful to use a positive affirmation style to get the creative ball rolling.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Why use someone else's words, moonlightsonata? Many religions such as Christianity have pre-written prayers, and encourage that kind of "prescribed thinking," and you could find that in some paganism paths, as well. But it's my general understanding of paganism that it encourages one to develop a certain intuitiveness, an inner voice, from which we freely express our being.

From this point of view then, I'd encourage you to try writing from your heart. Meditate for a while to get in touch with that part of yourself, then be clear about what you want and why. Speak from the center of your being.

Ironically, it seems here that it will take a bit of (upfront) courage on your part for you to write your own prayer ...for courage. :wink:

barker

Post by barker »

I have prayed for courage... it got very divine, almost profane. The key was to aim for infinity, not for halfways. Maybe study courage to see how it thinks. For example it uses the euphemism to ignore what it is not doing. Can you make it a little meek? That will know the truth. etc.

Return to “Pagan Prayers”