Kurt cobain worship - ideas needed

Open discussion about how our beliefs have been affected by popular culture.
valerian moon

Kurt cobain worship - ideas needed

Post by valerian moon »

So my girlfriend is autistic (like me, I got my diagnosis this past year!) and her special interest is music. She's really serious about worshipping Kurt Cobain, but I know next to nothing about pop culture paganism. I am going to help her set up an altar to him but other than that, I have no ideas for her worship. Any advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated, as she is the love of my life and I want her to feel supported by me.
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kurt cobain worship - ideas needed

Post by Xiao Rong »

Moon Raver, your girlfriend could consider leaving offerings on the altar, writing prayers to him, singing songs in his honor, etc. One might consider him to be an "ancestor" -- we have not only biological ancestors, but also ancestors of spirit.

The one caveat I would give is to do research and to think carefully about what your idol means to you. I read an article recently on pop culture Paganism & the worship of Marilyn Monroe -- one might initially imagine her to be a modern goddess of all things glamorous and sexy, but she was also an incredibly tragic figure who privately suffered from constant depression, despite her entrancing public image. Just that the people we admire are also complex and flawed, and that might have spiritual impacts on us if we choose to worship them.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Saga

Post by Saga »

I'm also on the autism spectrum and Kurt Cobain is one of my special interests. He's the only human I have on my altar.
DEFINITELY as an ancestor, as a form of reincarnating honour into yourself.
As a protector. And for divination. I think having Kurt as a totem might mean you wont have the easiest relationship to society as a pathworking.
Kurt is all about art, self-expression, balancing patience with people, with being fiery and not humouring false and exploitative systems. Its about changing the establishment to make communication more honest. But its about valuing the things in life which aren't flashy and pompous - valuing home and hearth, friends and underground and folk culture as a fearless heart warrior.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I am a huge Nirvana fan. Kurt liked medical books, liberal politics, and was really into underground music. He was a big proponent of gay and women's rights. Despite conspiracy theories, he really, really loved Courtney.

He didn't care about looks or fashion which is why he wore the clothes he did. He loved goddess symbolism and you can see the Goddess symbols on the back of In Utero. He had things such as the double axe. Bees, the ocean, and the moon are use. You could probably do a basic Wiccan set up for him. He focuses on the element of water, mostly the ocean, the is because he is a Pisces so symbols and dreams relate to a lot of it. (Any Pisces symbolism would work.)

(In fact you could probably worship the Goddess along side of him because he loves women so much!)

He hates rapists a lot so doing justice spells on them would make him happy. He loved the concept of justice.

Here is a symbol guide: http://camia321.tripod.com/nirvana/id21.html

He was fond of flowers, especially poppy which you can probably use fakes for.

There is saint candles for him: https://www.etsy.com/listing/269132542/ ... uwEALw_wcB

I know a lot about him so hit me up for any information.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Saga

Post by Saga »

That's so awesome!

He also seemed to be into magick himself somewhat. Cut ups and used a dream machine. There was a dream machine in the room where he died.

Return to “Pop Culture Magic”