Anyone know anything about glamours?

Open discussion about how our beliefs have been affected by popular culture.
AlexeiAranea

Anyone know anything about glamours?

Post by AlexeiAranea »

I'm interested in if they are a real thing or just a tv thing. Cause if they're real I wanna try one but I can't really trust internet searches on it this kind of thing. So if you have any info that'd be great.
UPB3ATMAGIC

Re: Anyone know anything about glamours?

Post by UPB3ATMAGIC »

One thing I can say for sure though I'm still quite new to witchcraft, it doesn't work like in the movies.
Like in 'The Craft' when she runs her hands over her face and her eyes change color. That won't happen.
In reality, glamour spells are used to change other peoples perception of you. It could cause someone to see you more attractive.
But, I have also heard that these are spells to not be messed with? Kinda a better safe than sorry kind of thing.
Though I could be wrong, or it could be a matter of opinion.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

I have cast them when I want not to be noticed. I am shy. Anyhow, when I am in a mood that I don't want to face people, I have cast a glamour, not to make people like the way I look, but to obscure me so people don't notice me. It has seemingly worked when I have done it before going through a crowd that had people I know there. :)
Myrth
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I did a mean one at work one time. I was working at a nursing home. The cook was a young hotshot/hothead. He was running his mouth an f-bombing like crazy. I cast a small glamour, and said "language, sir." He turned very pale, even with being black, and his eyes bugged out. He thought it was the administrator speaking to him. It was mean, but I felt like he had it coming.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Anne Boleyn

Post by Anne Boleyn »

I used to do glamour magic all the time, but I haven't done it as regularly these days. I kind of used it as a crutch during a tricky time in my life and it got the best of me. For lack of a better comparison, I went all Samantha on "Bewitched" and said I was done and just stopped... Though I do fall back on doing it in, ahem, special circumstances. :wink:

Like was said above, it's not a dramatic, blink and you're a new person change, but you can certainly change your own perception of self and the perception of others have with you. It can be dramatic and quite powerful. Proceed with caution and realistic expectations.
Seventhwatcher

Post by Seventhwatcher »

Glamour works a lot like "Jedi mind tricks". Or like with Sith has they literally overwhelmed a potential apprentice with strength of will.

The Unseelie say, "magick comes with a price, but glamour is free."
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

SnowCat wrote:I did a mean one at work one time. I was working at a nursing home. The cook was a young hotshot/hothead. He was running his mouth an f-bombing like crazy. I cast a small glamour, and said "language, sir." He turned very pale, even with being black, and his eyes bugged out. He thought it was the administrator speaking to him. It was mean, but I felt like he had it coming.

Snow
Hi Snow, do you mind sharing this spell with us? I am very curious about this form of spell. How did you do it? Thanks!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I just got irritated with the cook, and said "Language, sir," with the intent of making him think it was the administrator who said it. I didn't do a specific spell, I just thought at him.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Hi Snow, that must be a very strong intentions! I guess it's something that requires years of practice.
glamourkind

Post by glamourkind »

Glamour is my life. For me, "A Less Traveled Path" does a very good job in defining what glamour magic is. "Glamour magic is an illusion." It doesn't physically change who you are, but it changes how you are perceived (as UPB3ATMAGIC said). Glamour magic is usually associated with the fae, though you can take it or leave it if you want to include them in your magic. I mainly do it to gain or to prevent attention. If you ever want help with some glamour feel free to send me a message! Glamour plays a large role in the backbone of my practice

Return to “Pop Culture Magic”