knot magic

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
stormer89

knot magic

Post by stormer89 »

i know the basic knot spell. i haven't really had a lot of practice with this kind of magic, but i just got some white yarn today. i was wondering what everyone's successes were with this kind of magic. please share some of what you've done.
blessed be.
peace and love and blessed be
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

Theres an old tree spell I know useing knots, find a tree or bush with a flexable twig, flexable enough you can tie it into a loose knot without damaging the tree, as you tie a simple knot charge the tree with your intent. This spell is usually used to solve a problem, so focus really hard on your problem, and ask for the tree to help you. Once you have tied the tree branch/ twig, leave the tree and put it out of your mind.

Soon enough the problem should solve itself, and when it doesn, go back to the tree, untie it, and bury a dollar at the base of the plant, a "thank you" to the tree for its workings.

Also if you tie a knot 3 inches from the end of the rope, it will raise up a light wind, tie another knot 6 inches from the first knot, and you will raise a great wind, tie a third knot, 9 inches from the second knot, ... well.... bescially its an F5 leveling your neighborhood, joking, but its a very strong wind, so avoid the third knot.

And thats all the knot magick I can recall of the top of my head. Hope this helps.
stormer89

Post by stormer89 »

wow the tree thing sounds intresting. that was a fast response. cool, thanks for the ideas.
b.b.
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
sunstoneleo

Post by sunstoneleo »

I think I have seen one of these spells. Now I think different color string and maybe a candle would also help depending on what you want from the spell. But I think white is an all around color, at least i know that goes for candles.
Last edited by Firebird on Mon May 24, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing bad link
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

Lol I've come across that site several times, If you look under magickal scripts you'll see one called Theban, its the "script of the witches" and my personal fav for writing in my book of shadows.
sunstoneleo

Post by sunstoneleo »

I have so many books with different alphabets in them, but yeah, I think Theban is my favorite. Isn't it also called the "Witches alphabet" or is that something else I am thinking of? Anyways, I hope my suggestions helped.
stormer89

Post by stormer89 »

i think they're refered to as both.
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I have a whole box full of cords that I use for knot magick. I prefer using red, blue or rainbow colored cord for workings. I also have craft twine that I braid into spell-jewelry. I tend to use my *power colors* for those. I made a bracelet out of twine, stone beads (mostly rose quartz, lapis, bone and jade) to heal a severe migrane I had. It had been going on for 3 days by the time I got desperate enough to try this. After all, the old spell of Excedrin, water and darkness wasn't working. :)

It did eventually go away... the bracelet actually lestened the pain a bit and seemed to trigger a shamanic experience that taught me a lot.

The bracelet dissapeared after the migrane went away, which is interesting in and of itself.

Another spell I've personally participated in and witnessed involved a binding spell for a "learning circle". ( Coven-lite!) She was trying to tie the group together by knotting a cord with a thread from each person, blessed in the element that the person in question was strongest in.

This had mixed success. It worked for a time, but then individuals were burning their cords representing the group because they wanted out. Finally, the group leader was forced to move out of town, and that was the end of it. But she probably extended the life of the group by several years.
easternsky

Vanishing Bracelet

Post by easternsky »

jcrowfoot wrote: The bracelet dissapeared after the migrane went away, which is interesting in and of itself.
Oddly, I did a knot spell too that the string left when the spell worked. It was also a bracelet.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Return to “Folk Magick”