Lucky Mojo Rootwork Hour Show Episodes

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
Kassandra

Lucky Mojo Rootwork Hour Show Episodes

Post by Kassandra »

Jon St. Germain - Lucky Mojo Blogtalk show.jpg

Show Theme: Attracting Success
Date: November 15, 2015
Hosts: Conjureman Ali (CA), Miss Cat (MC)
Guest: John St. Germain (JSG), pictured above
John specializes in working with crystals and manages the
Crystal Silence Prayer League, sponsored by Lucky Mojo Curio Company
Link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/luckymojoh ... ain-111515

Announcements:
John St. Germain’s Blog Talk Radio Show is on Tuesdays at 5pm.

Panel Discussion:

JSG:
Success/happiness is an activity, not just a state. When asked what success looks like (what do you see yourself doing?), many people say, “I don’t know. I just want to be happy,” and don’t envision what exactly happy looks like. I start by helping them make a goal-oriented list of what makes them happy. And I usually suggest they first work on their personal power, then success will be drawn to them. “Never save for a rainy day or a rainy day will come,” instead, save money to bring positive things into your life.

CA:
Success is not a scarcity. There can be plenty of it all around you. Success is a force that needs to be cultivated, a natural state of being we deserve to be in, and anything in the way of that is unnatural and needs a “remedy.” This is inherent to the ideology and spiritual outlook of hoodoo.

Two ways to work on success (and all hoodoo workings, in general): a Generative/Attractive style of working (visualizations, etc.), and a Coercive/Forceful style (“I Can, You Can’t” formulations for competitions; freezer workings to freeze someone trying to sabotage you, etc.). It is a matter of strategy.

The best success work is done over time, continuously, emphasizing cultivation, where success is
gathered around you, bit by bit, and built up, rather than just the achievement of one goal.

MC:
Success can be approached in two ways: The Farmer’s Prayer approach (cultivation, industriousness), or the Boxer’s Prayer approach (beat the sh** out of others so you could win). Hoodoo workings and formulations “Crown of Success,” “Clarity,” “Block Buster,” and “Road Opener” help with achievement of success.

Don’t limit yourself to success solely for the bottom of the pyramid of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
Keep going up, until you fulfill all your needs. I believe one of the measures of success is giving back. If you have enough love in your life, you could help someone bring more love into their life. If you have enough of something you want, you could help others change their lives.

Success is not just victory, it is also relaxation after that victory, that moment of thankfulness.

The username you use on an online forum reflects the energy you tend to attract into your life (“negative self-naming conventions”). Visualization boards are helpful, and can also be symbolic things put on an altar, or in a mojo bag. More cursing work tends to be in the Fall, and love work tends to be in the Spring, it’s just human nature.

Readings & Rootwork Advice:

Client 1: Tay
[text]

MC:
You’re at a “Saturn’s return” point in your life…
[text]

JSG:
Do charity work to unblock you. To help remove the stuck feeling, there are exercises you can do such as: get a yellow honey amber crystal ball; direct thoughts of empowerment and movement into the ball (“I am strong, I am moving on,” etc.).

CA:
Candle Vigil Spell. Focus on removing blocks. Get an orange 7-day vigil candle. Write, “All Roads to Success and Money” on the candle. Poke holes in the candle and insert small amounts of salt peter. Anoint candle with Block Buster Oil. Daily light candle and pray that roads will be opened, and anything holding you back will be removed. Dispose of candle.

Sugar Bowl Spell. Divide a blank sheet of paper in half. On both sides of paper write qualities you desire in a job. Cut paper in half. Wrap one half of paper around a cinnamon stick (write “Success” on stick), tie with red thread, put in jar with sugar, a bay leaf, and some five-finger grass. Put a pinch of Attraction powder in the other half of paper, put it in your shoe, and pray it leads you to your ideal job.

Client 2: Anna
[text]

CA:
4 Pentacles (the Mizer King card), 6 of Cups, 4 of Cups.
[text]

JSG:
[text]

MC:
[text]

Free Spell:
[text]

Success is not a scarcity. There can be plenty of it all around you. –Conjureman Ali

Kassandra

LM Rootwork Hour: Magical Self-care/Healing w Madame Nadia

Post by Kassandra »

Madame Nadia - Lucky Mojo Blogtalk show.jpg

Show Theme: Magical Self-care and Healing
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/luckymojoh ... adia-61916

Nice episode about "magical self-care," dealing with "spiritual PTSD," and so on. I can't write out the notes right now as I did in the post above, but just wanted to flag the show for you, and I hope the ideas and tips are helpful to those who could use them. We all need to tend to our self-care.

More information on the Trolldom mentioned in the show could be found here: Trolldom Magical Practices.

Excellent little run-through of candle divination (ceromancy, one of many 'mancies) by Miss Cat and Madame Nadia at about 1 hour and 10 minutes in. I swear by ceromancy, an oddly accurate, ancient European/Middle Eastern skill, that's kind of fun to do. Enjoy.

Kassandra

Re: Lucky Mojo Blog Talk Radio Show Episodes

Post by Kassandra »

Susan Barnes - Lucky Mojo Blogtalk show.jpg

Show Theme: Protection in the Graveyard
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/luckymojoh ... rnes-91116

In many magical traditions and cultures, death is considered an integral part of life. A recurring theme throughout this show was that different people from different walks of life have different approaches to and beliefs about death, ancestors, graveyards, etc. None are right or wrong, just different ...and that's the beauty of it. This show focuses on spiritual protection when in a graveyard, with guest hoodooist Susan Barnes, pictured above. Sounds like Ms. Barnes really "suits up" before setting foot in a graveyard! lol Others, have a much more relaxed approach.

There is a nice love-drawing bath working prescribed by Conjureman Ali to a call-in listener. He swears by baths, kind of his signature rootwork prescription. Those of you lookin' for love (hopefully not in the wrong places), might want to write it down and give it a try, let us know what comes of it.

These shows always sound to me like folks sippin' lemonade on the porch on a hot summer's day, talkin' magic. I enjoy the folksiness, as well as the wealth of knowledge shared. Hope you enjoy, too.

Related shows: Death Customs, Cemetery Veneration

Return to “Folk Magick”