Hot Foot Powder

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Hot Foot Powder

Post by EtherealMoonRose »

I am just wondering if anyone has successfully made someone move/stay away using hot foot powder? How long did it take to work? How did you disguise it on the ground?

"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Hot Foot Powder

Post by Seraphin »

I never used hot foot powder simply because I live in a friendly neighborhood but the formula could be disguised by sprinkling it on rag or doormat and placing it upon the doorstep where the person walks. You could also put it on their shoes or boots.

But before you jump into the work, think and ask yourself first if you do really know what 'Hot Foot' means and do you honestly think this the right spell for your intention? Am I harming someone else here?
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Thanks for your reply.

Honestly, I don't think I'd even be able to get away with using it. My neighbours front porch is kept immaculate and it's all paved so the powder (even if I mix it with dirt) would look out of place and he would definitely notice it.

I think i'm going to use a spell I found using four thieves vinegar instead. Do you have any tips/advice/thoughts on this?

Don't worry, I'd never do anything without thinking it through and researching it for quite a while first. :)

This man has caused so many problems for my family and I for 6 years and it's getting beyond ridiculous. But that's a story for another day.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Four Thieves Vinegar is also ideal ingredient for spells to drive away unwanted people. This is popular in Hoodoo tradition.

What are the spices, herbs, essences you're going to use for this?

And just a piece of advice: If I were you I would also light a navy blue candle during the spell . Spend some time focused on the flame, seeing on it the person I want to drive away, visualizing myself preparing a place for him and take him there and at the same time banishing all discordant vibrations. And then I would envision peace raining down as soon as the person have packed up and moved out of the district. Don't be tempted to rush this. Spend as long as it takes until the visualization is complete.

I don't judge whether or not someone else's spell is necessary or warranted, I don't think that any of us here can. If I'm not walking in other people's shoes, then I don't know whether it's warranted or not. It's just important to make an informed, rational decision about spellwork of any sort, because it's akin to going to someone's house and forcing them something to do against their will.

Hootfoot working, I would consider an execration magick, so do it for the right reasons, and only you can decide if your situation is the right reason.
Seraphin

EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

From what I've read, the base of it is either a good quality apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar. Lots of crushed garlic and a choice of four different herbs (the thieves contributed one herb each). There's a list of them but I plan on using sage, black pepper, cayenne pepper and thyme (these are the easiest for me to obtain). I am then going to let it sit for up to a week, strain and use. I will be placing a piece of paper with his name and birthdate on it into a jar and pouring the vinegar over the top. The spell then says to throw it into a running stream of water, but I am thinking about burying it instead- possibly at a crossroads(?). I have a few things to think through first. I may even change the spell up a bit and anoint the blue candle with something.

I plan to do this when the moon is waning.

Anything else I need to consider? (I could seriously pick your brain for days!)
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

I would recommend using black pepper, cayenne, garlic and ginger as the four basic spices in the vinegar, one for each thief. Sage and thyme could be added too! I would also add some of his foot track dirt too, if it's possible to acquire.

For spells like this, it is best to throw it into running river water or the boundary of your village or town. Remember not to look back and just walk away.
Seraphin

EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Ok. Will do. :)

I am also trying to come up with a chant to say whilst I assemble the jar.

Thanks for all your help!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I would use a black candle rather than blue, since it's a banishment spell. I would also follow up with a protection spell using a purple candle, when the moon starts to wax again.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

That was my first thought. I planned on carving his name and birthdate into the candle and anointing it with banishing oil. Place a photo of him under the candle. Then after I assembled the jar, burn the photo of him whilst saying a chant. I thought this may enhance the power of the spell.

Or is there a reason why blue would work better than black?
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Yap, black is better than navy/ dark blue for this purpose. I'm just thinking of fusing black (banishment) and blue (peace) colours to drive away the person and at the same time make and store peace between you and him.

Originally though, I want to suggest double action candles (but blue on top, and black on bottom).

The name of the person you want to drive away is carved backwards in the black half using a needle or porcupine's quill and your own name is carved normally in the blue portion. And then dressing the black half of the candle with a clove essential oil mixed with sulfur, black pepper, chili peppers, salt and other herbal essences drawing the oil away from you and then anointing the other half (the blue top), basil essential oil to attract peace and harmony, drawing the oil towards you.
Seraphin

EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

I thought so. That's a good idea. I will go on a search for one.
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

If you can't find a double action candle, you could coat a blue coloured candle with black wax or just darken it using permanent black marker.
Seraphin

mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Yep. Wrapped it up in my dogs hair from where I trimmed her. I threw on the lawn of the schizophrenic neighbor who shot her and killed her ... I did it every week. It took three months. He moved to a COMPLETE other state. And our entire neighborhood was happy about it. Heh. ( that he moved that is )
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. What a cruel and evil thing to do :(

So glad that it worked for you though!
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Change of plans. Just noticed theres grass leading up to the path to his front porch. He walks over this grass daily (from what i've seen) so I will be sprinkling hot foot powder on the grass afterall. Shall I do the jar spell aswell or do you think the powder will be enough??

Return to “Folk Magick”