I recently discovered my path is more folk magic based <3

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
lithe_forager

I recently discovered my path is more folk magic based <3

Post by lithe_forager »

Wow i never declared myself as anything but a solitary eclectic but folk magic is making more and more sense to me. feeling that ancestors have guided me to this point and my heritage deep rooted in Appalachia. I get excited when i play old mountain music and want to perfect my musical saw playing. Being told to carry around jars of dirt in my dreams. I have moved to the big city and keep getting told I am simple because of the technology boom here, but dang it all I am just an old candle living in the electric world. And hell with them I have been making my own calcium supplements with eggshells, saving money and whatnot. phew what a nice and comforting revelation/epiphany.
graveghoul

Re: I recently discovered my path is more folk magic based <

Post by graveghoul »

Happy you've discovered a part of yourself. It must feel amazing!
Goddess Blessings
manshin

Post by manshin »

There is Mountainmanhealing on tumblr who specializes in Appalachian Folk magic (well it's actually Ozark, but I think he knows stuff about Appalachian as well) so you may be able to pick him for resources.
Korean Sorceress/Shaman 만신; witch; Kemetic Orthodoxy
*I do not follow any (Neo)Wiccan beliefs.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

lithe_forager wrote:Wow i never declared myself as anything but a solitary eclectic but folk magic is making more and more sense to me. feeling that ancestors have guided me to this point and my heritage deep rooted in Appalachia. I get excited when i play old mountain music and want to perfect my musical saw playing. Being told to carry around jars of dirt in my dreams. I have moved to the big city and keep getting told I am simple because of the technology boom here, but dang it all I am just an old candle living in the electric world. And hell with them I have been making my own calcium supplements with eggshells, saving money and whatnot. phew what a nice and comforting revelation/epiphany.
I was born in Atlanta. But I come from a long line of mountain folks I am SOOOO right there with you!!! ( I am a singer too. I also play a bunch of instruments .. Guitar, a little banjo lol. Stuff like that.

Return to “Folk Magick”